Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Withdrawals and remaining sober/mastering moderation

- Sat, 30 May 2020 05:53:45 EST xJXW8v1X No.284364
File: 1590832425957.jpg -(2175717B / 2.07MB, 3264x2448) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Withdrawals and remaining sober/mastering moderation
I haven't been on this chan since jenkem was still a dedicated board for the lolz. Anywho, I feel I can trust to ask here and look for legitimate advice on this. I woke up in the middle of a seizure from withdrawals. I've weened myself off to prevent the shakes while I'm at work and they have calmed down. Blah, blah, something, something. TL;DR I realized if I don't stop drinking im going to die. Please help.
>>
Fuck Backlesut - Sat, 30 May 2020 06:32:05 EST 4H/9l7bZ No.284365 Reply
keep trying to taper. write down a day by day drink schedule
>>
Shitting Hodgebock - Sat, 13 Jun 2020 22:06:45 EST B5WqBgdg No.284418 Reply
>>284364
/jenk/ is still here, bruv.

If you've had a seizure before, then that's a very serious biz. Because of the kindling effect, that means it wouldn't be too hard to get back into serious dependence.

Here's some suggestions: Keep a log book. Every day, write how much you drank, even if its zero. If you skip a few days, write it down anyway. If you get plastered, still give an estimate.
meditate. It helps with impulse control.
SMART. It's a support group like AA, but it's not a cult. might be worth looking into.

Drugs. Google the sinclaire method. It uses a drug naltrexone, which cuts down on cravings. I've also head zofran works off-label, but IDK. Google it. talk to a decent doctor.
>>
Sophie Demmerbotch - Sun, 14 Jun 2020 00:28:31 EST AloT8zds No.284419 Reply
As someone who's kindled as fuck and still drinks, never drink heavily, and absolutely never drink two days in a row, and especially not three. Also don't smoke cigs for around 24 but ime slightly more than that hours after drinking. For some reason it kicks withdrawals up to 11. If you're nic addicted your urge to smoke should also be somewhat suppressed for that duration, too, which I guess is a silver lining? Lol. But don't risk it until you're sure it's over. Sometimes you won't even feel it until you smoke. So if you smoke tobacco do so cautiously and slowly and see how you're feeling before continuing.
If kindling starts to affect you you won't have hangovers anymore- you will have withdrawals after every time you drink instead. The severity of those withdrawals will be determined primarily by the duration you were drunk and secondarily by how drunk you were.
Don't be like me and get to the point where you treat them as a normal occurrence.
If you go into seizure mode absolutely do not be afraid to have a quick swig to keep it at bay, brain damage caused by excitotoxicity is real. You should probably have emergency alcohol on you at all times if you have the self-restraint to do so.
I've coasted on these rules for awhile now, but don't get me wrong, I've only slowed my degradation. Not prevented it.
>>
Sophie Demmerbotch - Sun, 14 Jun 2020 00:52:37 EST AloT8zds No.284420 Reply
>>284419
And by drink two days in a row I mean recreationally. I always keep a little bit, like a beer or two, on hand the day after I drink, not to get drunk but to decrease the severity of whatever withdrawals I might experience. But you seriously don't want to get hammered through consecutive nights. That's when your brain goes back into overexcitation mode. nb
>>
Hamilton Blythelock - Mon, 15 Jun 2020 19:11:16 EST va8mTDl6 No.284431 Reply
I tapered down and then stopped. Then I drank about 6 drinks last night for the first time in about 5 days and today I'm super irritable and anxious. Does it make sense to get withdrawals after 1 day of drinking again.
>>
Albert Midgefuck - Thu, 18 Jun 2020 13:19:04 EST IQHZ/vmc No.284439 Reply
>>284431
yes it makes sense. i have the same experience. also, 5 days of soberity is nothing, IME 3 months is the minimum to see the good results. just a friendly protip: once your brain is kindled, do yourself a favor and accept that you can't drink anymore. i know, it's very hard, because we want to be drunk. But with every wd it gets worse and worse, until you reach the absolute endpoint where you just can't drink anymore. this endpoint can be seizures, or as it was for me, psychosis. yes, i was hospitalized in a mental hospital for a severe psychosis that was caused by alcohol withdrawal, and now i have very bad anxiety 24/7. do yourself a favor and don't drink.
>>
Reuben Drinderhod - Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:47:41 EST zKDsqwtB No.284576 Reply
>>284420
I have noticed that it only takes 2 days of drinking before I've got the shakes again. Fucking kindling is a bitch. Even dope doesn't make me sick after only 2 days of doing it. If you can somehow control yourself, don't get to the point where it's almost impossible to drink without getting the shakes when you sober up.
>>
GokuAssNigga - Tue, 21 Jul 2020 00:52:18 EST xwgyD0x3 No.284577 Reply
>>284364
so i wonder if there is anyone who can relate. i had a pretty decent childhood, was never beaten or raped, but my family has a long history of drug abuse from opioids and opiates to benzodiazapenes and alcohol. this form is devoted to people who love to get high, and maybe this is presumptuous but i think most addicts of drugs like benzos or booze that work on gaba have a tendency towards anxiety, depression and shame spirals. is anyone on this form trying to get better or is it just enabling? ive brosed for years but never posted, its all fun and games till you cant sleep, shake and are soaked in sweat having panic attack -_-
>>
GokuAssNigga - Tue, 21 Jul 2020 00:53:59 EST xwgyD0x3 No.284578 Reply
>>284576
ever since i went on my first several year bender i suppose i have fallen prey to the kindling effect, withdrawal comes easier and easier. i drank for months every night with no problem but i go on a two day bender and the fucking shakes, the instability, the agony, the fear, it all comes back
>>
GokuAssNigga - Tue, 21 Jul 2020 00:55:04 EST xwgyD0x3 No.284579 Reply
>>284578
i also love benzos which makes it worse. once at a rehab i was told those who pursue alcohol and benzos tend to suffer from soley anxiety and depression whereas opioid addicts its sort of a bandage for anything
>>
GokuAssNigga - Tue, 21 Jul 2020 00:55:49 EST xwgyD0x3 No.284580 Reply
>>284364
dont get me wrong i love getting trashed but i hate needing to and the shame spiral is a very real thing
>>
GokuAssNigga - Tue, 21 Jul 2020 01:01:29 EST xwgyD0x3 No.284582 Reply
>>284364
dude idk what state you are in but go to detox, they may strong arm you but they cannot force rehab. you cant cold turkey on your own safely
>>
Betsy Cepperwut - Wed, 22 Jul 2020 23:41:17 EST hfhakAHv No.284589 Reply
1595475677364.png -(208555B / 203.67KB, 523x373) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I went sober for July after drinking heavily all year. I didn't experience withdrawal symptoms I think, although there was def the urge to grab a drink.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.