Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

When did you realize you had a problem?

- Sat, 17 Oct 2020 16:14:06 EST vyRybWL+ No.285097
File: 1602965646272.jpg -(115248B / 112.55KB, 650x1003) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. When did you realize you had a problem?
When did you guys realize you had a problem? Im 19 and its starting to sink in that i have a problem with alcohol, even if im not getting drunk daily. I use it as a crutch doesnt matter which emotional state im in, whether im happy, sad, or just bored out of my mind,my first instinct is to get drunk. I have to force myself to wait for the weekend to let out( yes i know binge drinking isnt better). I just feel it sucks knowing more or less im doomed to be an alcoholic in the future, that or a coke addiction( i love amphetamines). Just the fact that one day i will have to attend an aa meeting and excuse myself from social gatherings because im "recovering" and cant handle myself around people drinking bums me out.
>>
David Billingway - Sat, 17 Oct 2020 17:21:37 EST 8Qdu69f+ No.285099 Reply
About 20-22. I don't really have any proper advice to give you here, unfortunately. I'm stuck in the perpetual sober/not-sober loop tbh.
>>
Sophie Buncocke - Sat, 17 Oct 2020 23:39:07 EST lr+2GV1U No.285103 Reply
>>285097
Only last year. I've been addicted to other drugs before, especially opiates, but never had a problem with alcohol until my last opiate withdrawal. I was always a binge drinker but I could go weeks without drinking anything previously. Can't remember the last time I went a week without drinking now. Usually drinking a bottle of vodka a night. Body feels like shit and I've got skin issues.
>>
Henry Parringdutch - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 02:30:07 EST L1Xvw+F9 No.285104 Reply
I recently started drinking on the regular, maybe 4 times a week. When does "having a problem" start? How will I know?
>>
Sidney Blytheham - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 05:59:08 EST ezmN6a16 No.285105 Reply
>>285104
When you hit the "self medicating" stage i think. Basically when the fun stops and the urges to stop drinking arise (you will probably feel like shit and wanna stop) but can't. Personally i stopped because i wasnt having fun anymore and was acting like a dumbass feeling like shit, had to work like that so i decided to stop pounding the units in me and use kratom instead.....Addicted to that now but only 12g a day.
>>
Eugene Pitthood - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 13:48:48 EST Y3BWhD0F No.285107 Reply
1603043328537.jpg -(18018B / 17.60KB, 500x279) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>285097
Alcohol only becomes a problem for me when i run out of all my other drugs
>>
Cornelius Craddlewater - Mon, 19 Oct 2020 01:56:11 EST RPQLP0Cb No.285108 Reply
I never did any drug until smoking pot at 19, started drinking every day at 22 due to loneliness.

My advice is to stop. Although its fun now 5+ years down the road when your tolerance is through the roof and it costs you 2x as much to get the same sort of buzz, along with all the mental and physical issues of being hungover 24/7 then by all means go for it.
>>
Ernest Penderleck - Tue, 20 Oct 2020 19:52:19 EST enwGgO05 No.285118 Reply
1603237939654.jpg -(1088704B / 1.04MB, 3000x2018) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>285097
I was the same as you, first time I got drunk at like 17 it felt so amazing I couldn't believe how great it was, then for years after I couldn't wait for the weekend when I could crack open a bottle and get shitfaced for 2 nights. I think I always knew because of how much I loved drinking alone. Plus of course I romanticised being a drunk like I think a lot of alcoholics do, reading Bukowski and Fear and Loathing and watching fucking "I drink alone" by George Thorogood on youtube like a fucking edgy teenage moron.

Fast forward a few years I'd allowed myself to buy another bottle midweek, meaning I was drinking 4 out of 7 nights. Still felt great, I used to be at work and I'd suddenly think about the fact I could buy a bottle tonight if I wanted and get like a dopamine jolt, it was exciting. Contrasted with the feeling that the inevitable was happening. Then of course it became 6 nights, then every night. It was pretty OK for maybe a year. Liquid shits were about the extent of it. Then came the acid reflux, anxiety (eventually leading to a panic attack which was fucking terrifying and I thought I was having a seizure), and just general exhaustion. There's also some shit going on with my legs which I guess is varicose veins so I'll probably drop dead of a clot soon.

I say stop whilst you can but of course I know how the addict mind works. Despite the huge amount of alcoholism related stuff I read and watched I'm still drinking. So many times I read posts from people that were in deeper than me and felt better knowing there was some rope left before I got there. You start to normalise shit that would have seemed totally crazy a few years ago (pissing in bottles daily, blacking out and pissing on the floor, keeping bags of empties in my car to throw out in the dumpster at work so no one at home knows).
>>
Archie Hobbleford - Thu, 22 Oct 2020 17:14:39 EST 5yE6eDZs No.285130 Reply
>>285107
Same, its my last ditch effort to kill boredom but everytime i do it back fires on me somewgat if i dont use supps and low doses of phenibut or racetams.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.