Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Sake

- Wed, 26 May 2021 18:10:49 EST LZNZ4qZd No.286358
File: 1622067049851.jpg -(180924B / 176.68KB, 441x621) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Sake
I pour my sake into a glass, tastes like ass.
I drink straight from the bottle, tastes based.
Explain??
Can't be placebo, the alcohol hits much harder when It's poured into something else and the temperatures the same both ways.
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Hugh Smallfoot - Wed, 26 May 2021 20:45:13 EST ADharLhQ No.286359 Reply
hmm no clue, i have never had it from the bottle. is it filtered or unfiltered?
>>
Doris Tootcocke - Sat, 29 May 2021 07:47:30 EST 4mmyCV7E No.286366 Reply
I've always wanted to try sake, but stores don't sell it here why I live. I would have to order it online.

Can someone describe it to me? I recall back when I had to stay in a homeless shelter, this crazy old hag told me that sake was more potent than hard liquor, but that has to be a lie based on what I've read about sake online. It's more like somewhere between wine and liquor, right?
>>
Ernest Dracklepuck - Sat, 29 May 2021 22:05:19 EST ADharLhQ No.286368 Reply
>>286366

it is wine originating from japan made from rice instead of from grapes. if it is filtered, it ranges from clear colored to milky white colored. if it is unfiltered, it has bits of rice pulp floating around in it. some people prefer one or the other. different brands will also often have a little guide on the bottle's label as to whether they recommend drinking it hot, cold, or room temperature. if you order sake at a restaurant it is usually brought out hot in a little ceramic carafe thing with a little shot glass. a "sake bomb" is pouring shots of sake into a beer. if you are a frat douche you can drop the whole shot glass in and chug it while your friends hoot and holler, or you can just pour it in like an intelligent human.

in my experience sake usually has the same abv% as wine, but tastes a lot smoother, so you can get drunker than you intend to if you are not careful. i would recommend you try different brands, at different temperatures, before reaching a conclusion if you like it or not.
>>
Ernest Dracklepuck - Sat, 29 May 2021 22:07:57 EST ADharLhQ No.286369 Reply
>>286368

also, the crazy hag may have been referring to soju, which is a korean liquor that i dont know very much about, but i do know the abv can get up into the 50% range for some brands, and most liquors are 40%. sake is definitely not that strong though because it is not distilled
>>
Eric Bugenhagen - Sun, 30 May 2021 01:51:27 EST LZNZ4qZd No.286371 Reply
>>286366
If you're going to be heating use a thermometer if you have one.
I don't know how I did it but I eyeballed sake warming 3 times and got it right only once at random.
If you heat it just right you will not taste alcohol at all. It's like thicker warm water. Pretty cool.
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Betsy Tillinggold - Sun, 30 May 2021 12:23:10 EST zSF2cUPE No.286373 Reply
>>286369
Most soju in the States is the mass-produced stuff by Jinro which tops out at around 20% iirc, so it's more alcoholic than sake but not by a whole lot. That said, if you're shooting it at Korean BBQ places like they do over there, it's definitely easier to overdo than wine or beer (you can also combine the two into soju bombs, like sake). The taste for most of the soju I've had is vaguely sweet and clean; it's kinda simple, but it pairs well with salty foods. I also can't ever recall having a terrible hangover on it—the ingredients are really basic and unlike with bottom shelf vodka here the additives are minimal
>>
Hamilton Crannerhog - Mon, 31 May 2021 23:01:46 EST vHN+pyI0 No.286383 Reply
>>286369
IIRC soju is a rice wine, but looking it up most producers use potatoes or sweet potatoes because they're more sugary, yielding more product.

I used to mistake soju and kilju, which IIRC is just sugar and water "wine", if anyone is ever in Korea make sure to try the gingseng kilju *mwah* its great
>>
Cedric Sidgefuck - Tue, 01 Jun 2021 20:23:00 EST VUW+7rUh No.286388 Reply
>>286373
Oh man, I had that brand before. It was my only time trying soju, but I liked it. I figured it might not be high quality stuff. I'd be interested in trying a higher-shelf brand some time to mull the flavors.
>>
Beatrice Murdfield - Wed, 02 Jun 2021 13:49:36 EST zSF2cUPE No.286391 Reply
>>286388
All of the sojus by Jinro I've had are fine, it's just that they're mass-market and thus largely inoffensive, pretty much the South Korean equivalent of Budweiser. Accessing the more niche and craft-distilled stuff is difficult in the States, at least, because there isn't really a big market for soju in general beyond Korean restaurants. Specialty liquor stores/Korean grocery stores may be your best bet, although I've also randomly had luck in various Chinatowns lol

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.