Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Naltrexone

- Tue, 11 Jan 2022 14:29:03 EST EkdoLdgA No.287227
File: 1641929343413.jpg -(30984B / 30.26KB, 620x465) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Naltrexone
Been prescribed this from the doctors recommendation and liver damage I may be able to reverse. Has anyone tried this, anything I should know? I'm going cold turkey so the first few days are going to suck.
>>
Esther Suffingman - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 13:14:33 EST KxVk3ApW No.287228 Reply
>>287227
You will get the shakes and you will be sweating no matter the temperature. You will get cravings. Beating those is the hardest.
>>
Cornelius Dedgelig - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 19:47:41 EST ScGfj+Py No.287240 Reply
I thought you were supposed to keep drinking whilst taking naltrexone, the same way you keep smoking whilst taking champix/chantix. It breaks the reward thing from alcohol or whatever. I'm interested. Don't think it helps with WD though? I'm interested in how naltrexone works in practice, might be something to ask the doc for
>>
Reuben Sondermat - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 00:17:22 EST EkdoLdgA No.287242 Reply
>>287227
I took it for the first two days and drank, I got a buzz but no euphoria. Definitely drinking less though. I'm on day 4 and got horrible WD tonight so I'm having maybe 5-6 drinks and tapering. It helps in the short-term as in I wake up and don't want to drink but by the night I'm getting some WD and need a few shots.

I'll call the doctor in a few days as I did a liver test and need the results. My doctor said he wants me drinking a little and sticking to that, rather than a fifth/26 a night. He mentioned my drinking is like a yo-yo, I'll stop for a few days, then do a few days drinking a fifth a day, and it would be better if I steadily drank in moderation.

I stopped taking naltrexone but have a 90 day supply. I'm not a big fan as I lose interest in absolutely everything. I might take it sporadically, if I get to a point where I need to drink every day, but I'll ask the doc. Sorry for the long post
>>
Emma Duckham - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 03:27:20 EST vTR1Dch3 No.287243 Reply
>>287242
Thanks for posting this man. I've been considering seeing a doctor for obvious signs of alcoholic hepatitis that come and go but haven't gone down the Naltrexone route yet. I kick myself for falling off the cold turkey approach every week or so but you give me hope for still being alive drinking as much as you do and still being alive. Stay alive dude
>>
Shit Warrydock - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 01:47:14 EST EkdoLdgA No.287247 Reply
>>287243
Appreciate it. Just the words stay alive dude helped me last night. I'm still youngish (30 y/o) so I'm pretty confident my liver isn't done. Been drinking a lot of carbonated water today and pretty sure I'll be able to go tonight without any drinks. No WD as of tonight, midnight, so I'll go to bed in an hour.

I can keep you guys posted if you want but my experience with naltrexone was okay, it was just an extra boost I needed to stop the cravings. I have a 90 day supply but only used 2, I think I'll use it only when I go overboard.
>>
Dextrolord - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 08:59:51 EST HiwcJ4+o No.287286 Reply
>>287227
This is only slightly related, I had a friend of a friend once get accepted into a methadone/suboxone clinic for his drinking

They gave him as much suboxone as he wanted as long as he didn't drink (subs r buprenorphine and Naloxone which is similar to naltrexone)

Long story short, he didn't really wanna quit drinking so he was only in the clinic program for a month or 2 before he got the boot for drinking all day every day . . . .

I just want u guys to know the option is out there if ur serious about getting help.
>>
Henry Somblekit - Tue, 01 Feb 2022 00:13:16 EST jXK/rnyu No.287293 Reply
1643692396048.png -(537174B / 524.58KB, 704x528) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>287227
If you're seriously drinking, don't go cold turkey. You could potentially have a seizure and die. Naltrexone blocks the "feel-good" receptors in the brain after taken an hour before you drink. It's purpose is to make it so you gradually lower your dosage due to not wanting to drink anymore. The juice won't be worth the squeeze.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.