Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Pancreatitis

- Tue, 08 Feb 2022 19:25:27 EST m/sIYalF No.287310
File: 1644366327317.jpg -(66878B / 65.31KB, 914x914) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Pancreatitis
Anybody have trouble stopping the drink despite health issues?
That's basically me. I'm not making the best decisions lately, but it's a step-up from IV drugs taking over my life. Sure, maybe it's true I traded one habit for another.. But Rome wasn't built in a day. Haha
>>
Caroline Savingway - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 07:49:53 EST GWCzfNJH No.287316 Reply
>>287310
You just gotta ask yourself if it's really worth it to keep it as a very pertinent habit knowing the damage that will ensue
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Hannah Pittdale - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 10:23:37 EST EkdoLdgA No.287317 Reply
>>287310
Talk to your doctor, they'll prescribe you with something and do tests if needed. I was able to cut back after one month of getting a lot of help, my levels are back to normal now and im down to only 3-4 drinks a night
>>
Cyril Pockville - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 20:17:18 EST ScGfj+Py No.287318 Reply
I started getting terrified I was going to get pancreatitis because I was getting some (mild) abdominal pains and I've read all about how excruciating it supposedly is. Over christmas I had debilitating stomach cramps and (more than usual) diarrhea too, decided I really need a break. Was sober for 3 weeks after not taking a day off for like 3 years. Relapsed but I'm currently 8 days sober. I want to drink but I'm promising myself I can do it after I've had a proper break. Like at least 6 weeks (liver should be healed by then?). Ideally more like 6 months.

I have to do it in a responsible way. I know if I don't I will feel like a sack of shit and be miserable like I was last time. By responsible I mean it's ok to get shitfaced but be honest about it and don't do it for days in a row. Basically get drunk on a Saturday night like a normal fucking person and then leave it alone. Yeah we know how that goes.
>>
Rebecca Cregglelork - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 13:10:00 EST 60/z0bnM No.287331 Reply
>>287318
Pancreatitis is no joke, i was a serious drinker then cut back to two days a week after I had to be hospitalized. And I was dry for a full month after I got out of the hospital.
It is absolute hell to the point where the Dilauad they gave me had me out of my mind but I could still feel a dull pain.
I say that to say this: I can tell you to avoid it and cut back but unless you really want to wou won’t. The pain is not worth it though I’ll say that
>>
Martin Sirrylure - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 03:28:02 EST orTz+9t7 No.287343 Reply
>>287310
I could never successfully taper. Every time I tried I'd just end up drinking more once the symptoms got worse.

How much are you drinking? If it's bad enough that the withdrawals will be dangerous, you need to talk to your doctor.

I spoke to my doctor when I was drinking >1L of Vodka a day and he recommended a steady taper over a week or two and then use a short script of Valium for the insomnia/anxiety afterwards. I asked about just quitting completely and using Valium to deal with the WDs but he said that needs to be done under medical supervision, that I should try the taper and if it's not working he'll talk to me in a week and we can try that out. Instead I opted for a DIY method. There's a bunch of guides around that rehab clinics use for alcohol detox. I did a really rapid taper over 3 days (which I could only do by having a limited amount of alcohol in the house and not buying more) then just used Valium the same way it's used in rehab clinics, see the following: https://www.aafp.org/afp/1998/0701/p139.html#afp19980701p139-t2

I had really bad stomach pains at the time too but that was just gastritis. Doc gave me some meds for that which have been working fine.

Anyway, I'm not a doctor, just someone that knows enough to be a fucking reckless danger to myself. Either way, it worked for me. Don't take this as medical advice.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.