Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Flask advice and drinking at work

- Thu, 07 Apr 2022 21:44:18 EST EwGcUJn4 No.287425
File: 1649382258873.jpg -(83753B / 81.79KB, 1012x1012) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Flask advice and drinking at work
So I've been drinking at work
I want a got damn flask
So tell me about flasks and your personal drinking at work stories
>>
Clara Benkincocke - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:03:30 EST 9uZM1FZT No.287429 Reply
>>287425
I've learned that drinking at work is not appropriate, but at 4:30PM on a Friday I will have a coors light while watching the clock. Never anything hard. Then at the end of my shift its a rush to the liquor store.
>>
Eugene Cennerstone - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:00:02 EST ey9fGVWS No.287431 Reply
I never saw the point of a hip flask. Just buy a bottle and keep it in your pocket, then throw it away when you finished. Hip flask is just the carrying card of an alcoholic. If you want to be secretive, put gin in a plastic water bottle.
>>
Lillian Brullylid - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:23:33 EST zSF2cUPE No.287432 Reply
If you're serious about drinking at work, >>287431 is right: flasks are a dead giveaway that you have a drinking problem. The easiest clandestine way is to always have one of those 32oz soda cups on hand, filled with mixer and liquor. You can also pull a Lahey/Ray from Trailer Park Boys and sip vodka from a water bottle, but it can be hard to pace yourself. Bottom line though is that if you're consistently drinking at work, it's only a matter of time before you fuck up. Sooner in trades, eventually in office jobs. You'd be amazed what people notice and don't say anything about until you've left them no choice.
>>
Wesley Wondlecocke - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:15:53 EST am/Fz1l8 No.287433 Reply
>>287432
coffee thermoses are even more accessible. what your boss is gonna criticize you for having your cuppa?
ps with pandemic over-sanitation if you stick to vodka or grain you can always blame purell.
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Thomas Worthingwater - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 01:48:41 EST njl9V04M No.287435 Reply
>>287434
>cuppa
>pepe
Get fucked cocksucker
>>
Phyllis Chillywack - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 19:12:37 EST VMPG6axk No.287447 Reply
>>287432

Man’s is right. I’ve gotten caught (tradesman) several times, but not penalized. I’ve been up front with them and told them I’ve been drinking, and also going through a hard time. They let me take my company truck home in both cases (probably not smart in their case).

If you do it, and you’re around other people, not even close proximity, pacing is key. Also, never beer/malt liquor. Even whiskey is risky. Best is vodka, but again, once people realize, they can smell it.

There’s really not much that will cover up the smell. Mouthwash or gum won’t help (trust me). Maybe onions or garlic, but again, probably not.

The biggest tell comes down to how you act. If you act drunk, or even different than you normally are (e.g. I got angry at a coworker for not helping me with something heavy, and he told the boss he smelled liquor on me, and boss sent me home. Funny thing was, I was actually completely sober that day), they will report you.

Anyway, if you’re gonna do it, god speed my brother. Like others said, water bottle or mixed drinks is best. You only keep a flask for parties and funerals, where that’s acceptable to have.
>>
Nathaniel Gessleleg - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:26:09 EST 79x3bBKE No.287449 Reply
>>287425
empty out hand sanitizer bottle
rinse well
refill with vodka
boss doesnt need to know why you keep sanitizing your mouth
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Fucking Dronningspear - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 06:00:34 EST d6VlqkuP No.287458 Reply
>>287425
for sneak use 0.5l sodabottles or water bottle full of vodka
>>
Ian Gullylat - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 21:11:19 EST aB3sFfEy No.287462 Reply
>>287425
I just got done telling my friend this story: Back when I was a dishwasher I used to know this dude at work; we'll call him J for now.
Anyways, J had been working for the company for years and him and the manager were super cool. The manager used to let him start getting shit faced right before we closed (about 2 hours) and me and him used to pound them back right at the end of the night.

I worked with a lot of immigrants and shit. One of the coolest jobs I ever worked in my life, lol. They didn't give a fuck,
>>
Hannah Packlepen - Sat, 07 May 2022 09:10:58 EST QxhkBqMF No.287499 Reply
>>287425
>Personal drinking at work stories

I used to work construction (framing), and showed up way too drunk one day. We were building a section of roof on the ground, and then we were going to fly it up into the air.
While I was nailing off the section of roof (still on the ground mind you) I wasn't paying attention to when the ply wood ended, and walked right off end. Only fell like 5 feet however I landed directly on the ball point of my tibia in my knee. Had really bad meniscus damage, and wasn't able to work for a few months.

Don't drink, and do dangerous things.
>>
Hannah Gipperford - Tue, 10 May 2022 05:15:25 EST 7I/HOB0J No.287507 Reply
>>287425
Get a small one, better if it doesnt look like a flask.

I never used one but my past jobs didnt give a damn. Walmart I just went a few doors and had a couple beers on lunch. They always brought my drinks before I ordered my food. I was one of the highest paid hourly people there after 10 years. Only got fired because I screwed up big once (stupid, but it's a one and done thing)

Worked at a call center for Verizon and I'd just put wine in my thermous. Everybody ther (Management included) was pretty much stoned, drunk, both, or on some kinda stim and we were still the top performing call center nationwide. I miss that job. It was pretty much fun and games all shift. I worked closing so most of the calls after 8pm were from drunks and stoners. I'd just kick back and let them talk once it got close to the end of my shift. We even got to have music. Too bad covid restrictions closed a lot of centers down. An 8 year old could have done tech support for verizon lol.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.