Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Music and shite.

- Sat, 25 Jul 2015 21:20:35 EST wm+w5oW7 No.37574
File: 1437873635168.jpg -(18309B / 17.88KB, 419x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Music and shite.
Sup /howto/, thought I would post this in Music first but that doesn't seem like the kind of place for learning instruments and all.

I have decided to spend my NEET time doing something worth while and I have always been into music so why not do that? I tried music early on as a kid but never stuck with it, I have a keyboard, drumset, guitar plus a bunch of other nick nacks. I have some basic books for drumming and guitar and a good bit of piano books from beginner to barely into intermediate shit but I don't have a huge amount of instructional material. I could get through everything in a month's time probably and be decently proficient.

So if you haven't inferred, I am looking for free shit. Preferably one big ass wall of text that covers metal, jazz and blues guitar. I am doing guitar first then I will take up drums after I am more into guitar. I would be greatly appreciative of drum shit too but right now I am looking for guitar mainly. I would like to master drums and be a good guitar player. Guitar I just want to play certain genre's and just be able to make solid work for my drums. I may take up piano/keyboard after I am well into drums and close to advanced with guitar to supplement my skillz.

I've tried the little tid bits here and there from a bunch of websites like freedrumlessons and youtube people and all that shit but it never teaches anything other than narrow focused things without any order or progression.

I'm not looking for places that have, "Hey check out this rudiment. Forget about the others this one is ballin."

Pic semi-related.
>>
James Fammlewetch - Thu, 30 Jul 2015 23:08:45 EST 5frD2gxZ No.37577 Reply
>>37574
Transcribing can teach you almost everything you need to perform really well, and the theory will speed up the process and offer you more than a pragmatic understanding of music. But the pragmatic understanding is usually where people don't spend enough time. Listen very actively, and listen to tons of music. Listen to your favorite recordings and know them well enough to execute all of it in your head. Singing can make you sure that you're achieving this. There are a few parts to the music you want to comprehend--phrasing, intonation, articulation, dynamics, and more generally cues and interplay. There are others I'm sure I've missed, and they are equally important.

You can't just half-ass your way through playing ideas, and you definitely DO NOT want to practice this way. It teaches mistakes. Your mind does not distinguish between correct playing and mistakes, it's more like mastering the probability of your mistakes. Slow things down until your execution is perfect, and you can be conscious of what you're playing, then turn up the metronome a tick. Never exceed your mind's ability to experience what you're playing. Slow down or practice something else if your mind tires. It's a rewarding way to practice and it prevents sloppiness which brings diminishing returns.

The strategy is to learn riffs and lines that interest you from artists that you like. Pause the track, write down the time. The more you can internalize, the more you train your brain to know how to play. Most modern music like what you listed is built on feel, and the theory and vocabulary is an expression of that. As you learn the vocabulary, you must absorb the feel so that later you can ask your brain for a feel and you get vocabulary. Make sense? The instrument doesn't exist.
>>
Eliza Wongerman - Sat, 01 Aug 2015 12:58:23 EST Fctp2H8E No.37579 Reply
1438448303085.jpg -(5354B / 5.23KB, 200x161) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>37577
ive learned from playing the tuba "if you can sing it you can play it"
>>
Esther Blambleway - Mon, 03 Aug 2015 17:03:16 EST G6BT3tUq No.37590 Reply
>>37574

Does anyone have any resources for learning piano? Keyboard, specifically.
I'm looking for something that has worked for you, I already know how to google.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.