Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

cool living

- Sat, 09 Aug 2014 23:35:05 EST KvjZNwWE No.36774
File: 1407641705332.jpg -(95669B / 93.43KB, 620x413) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. cool living
How does one go about building their own house in the forest or whatever?
Would it be smart to just go ahead?
Is there land I can buy somewhere?
Advice?
Ideas?
>>
Sidney Nunningson - Sun, 10 Aug 2014 05:19:47 EST RPmSUgj6 No.36775 Reply
Spend the next year or two learning how to do most things from scratch. Learn basic carpentry, learn how to grow food, raise livestock, make candles, soap, store food, chop firewood, composting, water treatment, etc etc etc, basically anything you'd need to know how to do on your own without relying on modern society. If you don't know these things you have little chance of survival out there.
>>
Beatrice Soshsut - Sun, 10 Aug 2014 05:40:39 EST /QOcGkZu No.36776 Reply
1407663639377.jpg -(17620B / 17.21KB, 407x371) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
done a bit of research on off grid living/building my own home/tiny houses so ask questions and ill point you in the right direction

>How does one go about building their own house in the forest or whatever?
>Would it be smart to just go ahead?
many places having building codes that state the min max size of building and what the building can be used for. you cant just buy land from a farmer and place a house on it with out getting the area reclassified from commercial/agricultural to residential. so no you need to do some reasearch on what you really want. also you need permits. certificate of occupancy probably comes first for residential but im assuming you'd go septic of sewer so that needs permits. you'd probably want to hire a lawyer tbh.
land is usually cheaper the more rural you go. if the view and terrain is shit than chances are you can get it cheaper. if you are cutting your own road in and dont have grid power you can expect it for really cheap.
>>
Phineas Cemmlewirk - Sun, 10 Aug 2014 19:19:34 EST KvjZNwWE No.36778 Reply
>>36776
Very helpful, thanks. I think it'll be hard to find a place that suits my needs.
>>
Nigger Nassledidge - Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:51:49 EST Dv+Eg3pM No.36780 Reply
>>36778 i kinda made it more daunting then it is tbh. theres alot of work to it but you can avoid some of the bull shit by placing your house on wheels.
>>
William Dengerworth - Wed, 13 Aug 2014 20:38:05 EST KvjZNwWE No.36782 Reply
>>36780
I don't like the idea of those tiny house things, tbh. I wonder if I could pay taxes and shit for my place but have it be in a remote location that is pretty and otherwise pretty empty. Maybe buy out a forest next to a city and just settle in one part of it..idk. My ideal situation is to be able to get between that and my main place in an hour tops, in case of emergencies and so that after work I can crash there and have fun. Seems very hard, though.
>>
Fucking Sodgepadging - Thu, 14 Aug 2014 09:14:33 EST 8KoN+aHy No.36784 Reply
1408022073119.jpg -(59854B / 58.45KB, 320x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
there are plenty of counties in the us that don't have zoning, tiny houses are put on trailers and parked in towns that have building codes, but not all places do. other things to consider arre road access, water, other utilities, how far the fuck you're willing to go, etc. Lots of people in Alaska do this, but probably lots of people do it within 100 miles of you and you just don't see them off in the backwoods. check out landsofamerica.com for property listings, and remember that if it's next to public land then you have3 access to lots more space. enjoy! good luck! watch some youtube videos!
>>
Nell Pellerlock - Sun, 24 Aug 2014 23:19:39 EST plILD0LX No.36826 Reply
I'm homeless right now. In St. Louis after travelling for a bit and I might build a temp home. Im thinking I'll put up a wood frame and connect it with chain link fence, then cover that with tarp. I was thinking I'd do a few layers of cardboard under the chain link but I dont know if that'd bake me alive in summer or if it'd help much in Winter. Does anyone know if cardboard is a good insulator from heat? I'd rather not collect a bunch of cardboard just to find out it doesnt work, y'know?
>>
Spunky - Tue, 19 May 2015 08:30:06 EST QaalSlFd No.37481 Reply
>>36826

Cardboard is indeed a good insulator for heat. Nowhere near as good as something like that pink foam they use for insulation but if you're on a budget then yeah it will probably work well. A couple layers will help keep the warmth in during the winter and should help keep you cooler during the summer. Depending where you decide to set up I'd recommend a shaded area in the warmer months.
>>
Fuck Wommerhore - Thu, 21 May 2015 00:06:10 EST xEv4FIMj No.37486 Reply
yea just go ahead

what could go wrong

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.