Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

New phone?

- Tue, 03 Mar 2015 17:48:54 EST uEs40J0L No.37327
File: 1425422934929.jpg -(265699B / 259.47KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. New phone?
Comment Just wondering what kind of phone you think I should go for? Up for an upgrade and I'm not sure. Hopefully this fits into /howto/ since you can tell me how to live in a car for 6 months.

Looked at the new S6 specs and they've got no removable battery or SD, kind of what I bought the S3 for....

Looking for something long lasting battery, removable SD up to 64gb the least. Looks like a simple request in prospect and every phone is offering it but just wondering if anyone has a new phone just jumping out at them or if someone owns one that they think is a decent phone in this day and age. Considering again that I've had the slower version of everything for the last 2 years...

Thanks in advance for anyone giving me guidance
>>
Esther Bibberwidging - Tue, 03 Mar 2015 23:05:53 EST Y3Y6yrz+ No.37329 Reply
1425441953745.jpg -(531564B / 519.11KB, 1280x853) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I ended up getting a Huawei phone. I have an old non-contract plan from Tmobile that's no offered anymore, and it's cheap and has unlimited data. I looked to upgrade my phone but they either wanted me to sign a contract and get a better phone or buy one of their non-contract phones which sucked and were overpriced. Other cell companies currently don't have any plans as good as the one I have, and I'm not willing to give it up easily.

So that left me looking for a phone that could be unlocked and rooted. I wanted a phone with removable storage and decent specs and battery life. I used a phone model search thingy where I narrowed my choices down and took a gamble ordering a Huawei Ascend phone from Amazon that came pre-rooted and unlocked. It took me some research to find the right phone compatible with the network and SIM and whatnot. Basically if you are slightly above average with tech stuff and can customize and configure network settings and phone settings, you're good. So far I really like the phone I got. It's got terrific battery life and it does exactly what I need. The one downside is that the phone originally connected to some Chinese app store instead of Google Play. I got it to stop connecting to ChinaStore but Google Play won't launch correctly. Apps I do download come from other sources. But I don't download apps frequently so that doesn't bother me.

It seems like they make many phones for the Asian market with expandable storage, multiple SIM slots, and tweak-able features but they make American phones streamlined and void of additional features. Basically, do research on what international phones are compatible with your network, data plan, and whatnot and configure it correctly when it arrives.
>>
Cyril Shittingbanks - Sun, 08 Mar 2015 14:24:11 EST Ibc3hK4x No.37351 Reply
>>37329
im responding for anyone else who comes across this thread

the removable battery thing is kinda a wash imo, a few years ago it was nice but now a days i really dont care that much. main reason is they have to over engineer the battery compartment instead of just making it a sealed contraption. this adds weight and size for what benefit? ive had my phone for 2 years and the battery still holds a good charge compared to what i need to do with it. if your phone is dying before you get home learn to go a few hours with out it, or buy one of those battery packs and carry a cable.

sim storage. i really do like sim storage but idk how needed it is, i have a 16gb nexus4 (on tmobile as well) i use it as my primary mp3 player. i normally have 6 gigs free as i dont carry that much music with me. by that much i mean over 500+ songs. i remove pics and videos on a simi regular basis and seeing as cloud storage is free and easy its again kinda a wash.
>>
Martha Honeywell - Wed, 18 Mar 2015 00:33:24 EST Zv+BIrcR No.37370 Reply
>>37327
If I were in your position I would get the S5, only because it has an awesome ROM by i forget who. It's called MOAR or mother of all roms. The dev used to be on S3 until it took a shit and he upgraded so now the S5 is graced with his skill.

Whatever you get, I would flash a custom ROM on it.
>>
Samuel Clocklepuck - Wed, 25 Mar 2015 23:19:27 EST y2z6kIaY No.37384 Reply
1427339967302.jpg -(643800B / 628.71KB, 2446x1575) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>37327
I would recommed the HTC ONE M8, the mini 4.5 inches across. the phone is very fast, good camera and expandable with an micro sd memorycard. awesome phone, go for it
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Thu, 28 May 2015 00:41:42 EST Kzo7nuMk No.37499 Reply
/tech/ might also be of assistance but just get a versatile phone that while it doesn't have to be a smartphone, there's plenty of good phones out there with the specs you're looking for especially ones that are less than $200.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.