Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Starting over

- Thu, 07 May 2015 10:20:23 EST ac2oFXG1 No.37453
File: 1431008423967.jpg -(42641B / 41.64KB, 300x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Starting over
Guys is there anyway to go to a big city and start over with not a lot of cash? Assuming you find a job quick and don't mind some shitty living conditions.

Have you ever done or heard of anyone who's done something like that?
>>
Charlotte Fomblesene - Thu, 07 May 2015 12:36:58 EST NheOdmO0 No.37454 Reply
it is possible, but with no money its gonna be rough, since everything including rent is always more in the city.
>>
Caroline Puffinggold - Thu, 07 May 2015 14:28:58 EST nuQ4QZNE No.37455 Reply
Its easier to start over in podunk small towns, where small time jobs are easier to come by and landlords have no problems with doing month by month cash leases with no paper trail. Starting over with nothing in a large city is more myth than anything, its almost impossible to do unless you like being destitute.
>>
Walter Pandlekon - Thu, 07 May 2015 16:52:00 EST ac2oFXG1 No.37456 Reply
>>37455
Yeah, but in a city couldn't you just bunk with some roommates and share a room to cut costs while you first get started?
>>
Priscilla Gebblekene - Thu, 07 May 2015 19:26:34 EST gidHPqIv No.37457 Reply
That's exactly what I did. I traveled 700 miles to Cincinnati and found some people that were looking for a roommate. I explained my situation and had a place to stay the same day I arrived in strange city. Mileage may vary.
>>
Nathaniel Seblingshaw - Fri, 08 May 2015 11:02:42 EST nuQ4QZNE No.37462 Reply
>>37456

I had roommates for the longest time and it still cost me 700 a month to not live in a horrendous ghetto. But when I was doing work for a little bit in some podunk central new york town I could get a whole house for the same price.
>>
Archie Sallerwuck - Fri, 08 May 2015 13:19:50 EST qwqZTAPi No.37463 Reply
1431105590905.jpg -(49306B / 48.15KB, 640x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>37457
Out of curiosity, how many people were you sharing the place with and how much was/is it per month?

I currently have my best friend as a roommate which truly is awesome. We rarely have issues and if we do it's always resolved in a very chill way. However, I really struggle financially.

I'm not sure how I would do in a 'crowded' place though. Especially since I'd expect more drama the more people there are, since there's more room for incompatible personalities.
>>
Doris Pannercocke - Mon, 11 May 2015 23:46:44 EST Bwl2V8uI No.37465 Reply
"Starting over" doesn't really just happen like that. You go one of two routes, plan or jump. If you plan, you get a couple months rent ready, move, begin subletting a shit apt somwhere telling the landlord you are just getting on your feet, and you go from there finding a job and a reasonable place and whatnot.

Jumping is different, you go with assets as they are meaning you are not prepared to pay for a new place. You can sleep in your car or squat until you find a job. Squatting can be dangerous and it really takes balls. If you know a small building that closes at 9pm and doesnt open until 9am and you know you can be in and out and not leave much of a trace in that small amount of time, then you can squat. Otherwise, with a car, find places like walmart and shit and park kinda middle of the lane and just lay the seat allll the way back. cops might hassle you, just dont ride dirty while you are getting yourself set up.
>>
Eugene Goodfuck - Sat, 16 May 2015 23:57:40 EST RvmpvyiT No.37476 Reply
I know a few people that have done it. It's good to take risks. I know they've left their respective hometowns to new and far locations with little but a backpack and maybe a few bucks.

just do it, talking to people is good anyway when you get to somewhere - what with the networking and all that i guess, so especially hippie liberal types are good to know/tend to be the most open to helpin out peeps
>>
Walter Hipperson - Sat, 09 Jul 2016 03:44:10 EST jvlQ2H3q No.37986 Reply
>>37465
Squat in abandos not used store fronts wtf.
or stealth camp or car sleep

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.