Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

How to raise your price with employers

- Wed, 17 Jun 2015 12:13:51 EST SdM8n9ni No.37525
File: 1434557631925.jpg -(40541B / 39.59KB, 300x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. How to raise your price with employers
Anyone here ask for a raise or promotion?
What about job interviews when discussing pay?

How do you raise your own price without getting shut down by an employer?
>>
Fanny Chondlefuck - Fri, 19 Jun 2015 02:59:15 EST 3VCgCFUE No.37527 Reply
>>37525
>Job Interviews
Let them offer a number first, you counter by offering a decently higher number that's not outrageous, then you meet in the middle. Ever haggle at a fleamarket? Same principles apply here. Say you appreciate the offer, and counter with as much as you think you can get away with. If the interviewer/company is worth their salt, they'll usually budge a little in your favor. Do some research beforehand on similar positions in different companies within the industry and draw your numbers from there.
>Asking for a Raise
Go into the bosses office, explain the good work you've been doing and your many positive qualities, and ask for a raise or to renegotiate your salary. If your boss personally sees the work you do (ie a smaller company or family run operation), you've worked there awhile, and you haven't had any fuckups lately, it shouldn't be too hard. At a larger corporation, where your reputation and connections are actually more important than the quality of your work, cozy up to your supervisors or other important people in the company/division (bosses will talk about you to other bosses if you've been making the rounds enough) for a bit (few weeks/months depending on your current reputation) before you ask for it.

Also, school yourself to read between the lines when people talk, if you haven't already. And learn to read body language as well.
>>
Wesley Dovingwane - Sun, 28 Jun 2015 15:20:29 EST f3GiZYEa No.37541 Reply
My boss periodically just walks up and tells me I got another raise. And all i do is not be stupid half the time.
>>
Esther Blackbanks - Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:47:25 EST YqwFBu23 No.37542 Reply
>>37525

usually you have reviews with your manager every 6 months or a year or so.

at the end of that review they should have explained how you're going etc, this is the time you ask them about getting a raise.

i know not all companies work like this, but this is how office working usually is.
>>
James Puzzlepot - Fri, 10 Jul 2015 22:57:14 EST XflGcCAk No.37551 Reply
>>37542
The raise is tied to how well the review is for many employers.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.