Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Travel with no money or practical skills

- Sun, 30 Aug 2015 16:28:55 EST bkrOErn5 No.37625
File: 1440966535113.png -(455900B / 445.21KB, 722x978) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Travel with no money or practical skills
So I'm a 21 year old white american male looking to travel. Problem being I have no skills or degree and am working something of a wage slave low-income job with little opportunity to save a reasonable amount of money anytime soon.

What are my options?

The only thing I have come up with is teaching English abroad, apparently some countries will take you even without a 4 year degree. Still doing research on which and where.

All contributions appreciated, but please don't post just to say something along the lines of "you're fucked", that doesn't help anyone.

SLAYER
>>
Priscilla Greenbury - Sun, 20 Sep 2015 01:46:35 EST 7xhDaVSc No.37659 Reply
>>37625
http://www.wwoof.net/

its indentured servitude in the 21st century but hey, skills and experience for work trade aint the worst out there, +PLUS sustainable, fresh, farm2table, seasonal, regional
>>
Fucking Wandleback - Sun, 27 Sep 2015 22:11:39 EST cw1TbgE4 No.37667 Reply
1443406299220.jpg -(9840B / 9.61KB, 225x225) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>37659
>skills and experience
intrigued
>organic farming
>>
Isabella Grandshit - Fri, 04 Mar 2016 00:50:52 EST A3E8htqU No.37849 Reply
I know this is a relatively ancient thread, but nonetheless I'll bump because I imagine there are others with similar goals and predicaments as OP.

Seasonal work is my main suggestion for traveling/working outside of your immediate area. For instance, fisheries in Alaska are hiring heavily during the summer and winter seasons. It's good pay, usually requires no experience or skill, and there's room to move up plus you'll get the opportunity to rub elbows with people from all over the country. The downside is that it's usually a ton of hours and you'll probably blow most of your cash on booze.

Getting into a skilled labor position is also a fine option. I recently got hired on as an apprentice painter, and within a few months I've had numerous opportunities to go "on the road" painting retail outlets (walmart, home depot, etc) along the east coast. The pay rate was around $4k a month. I declined because I've got a lease and a wife and I just didn't feel ready to dive in that heavily in a field where I'm really green.

Another option is finding a position in another state/country where they're offering on the job training. Again, something technical or trade oriented is the best option (oil rigs, steel refineries, are always big hires).

As you may have noticed, I recommend learning a trade as it's useful anywhere you go and also a gateway to other opportunities, moreso than most any other field I've looked into. You'll pick up skills from other craftsmen very quickly and veterans are always willing to teach new people who ask questions and pay attention.
>>
Walter Hipperson - Sat, 09 Jul 2016 03:29:00 EST jvlQ2H3q No.37985 Reply
Learn some form of street perfoming, if your dexterous maybe juggling, I play guitar. Get on the interstate with some shit (check circlejerk's hiking/backpacking stuff, good info on gear) put your thumb out. If youre more adventurous you can ride freight, not as easy. Get maps.
>>
Cedric Cimmlebanks - Sun, 24 Jul 2016 19:10:57 EST H4SGt6EP No.38003 Reply
i taught English in Vietnam for 5 years, shit is cash. just look up jobs through facebook groups (ex: teaching in vietnam, saigon teachers, saigon ESL) and find a room on craigslist or one of the groups dedicated to housing in vietnam (ex: housing in vietnam)

pros: $16-25/hr to teach
no experience necessary
very good food
fine women

cons
???

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.