Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Prevent flea infestation

- Wed, 09 Sep 2015 22:30:29 EST TW+i6iq/ No.37641
File: 1441852229837.jpg -(4251B / 4.15KB, 300x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Prevent flea infestation
Im visiting a friend for a few days & I found out after I arrived that her cats both have fleas. The cats usually lounge in the room I'm staying in and I've already been bitten a few times. Is there anything I can do to prevent myself from bringing the fleas home? I keep my luggage and backpack zipped shut when I'm not using them, but I'm not sure if that is enough to keep the fleas and flea eggs out of my clothes & bags.
>>
Albert Blamblekork - Fri, 11 Sep 2015 15:38:38 EST Fctp2H8E No.37643 Reply
take garlic supplements and theyll leave you alone but to curve an infestation...i have no clu
>>
Frederick Ginderwell - Fri, 11 Sep 2015 17:06:51 EST ZPF45Wjx No.37644 Reply
>>37641

OK motherfucker it is time to take DRASTIC measures to avoid this. Ideally you will inform your friend to not be an irresponsible idiot and get some treatment for her cats and get them (the fleas) out of her home. When a large group hatches your life will be fucking hell on earth. You do not want that. Let me emphasize that your friend REALLY FUCKING NEEDS TO DEAL WITH IT BECAUSE IT IS SHITTY FOR THE CATS AND IT CAN GET REALLY BAD.

First: Fleas can't lay viable eggs from human blood. They will feed on you, but if there are new fleas it is from a pet. If you don't have a pet, you will be OK except for the few that come with you. And they are hardy. So, wash all your clothes when you get back, and leave the bag out in the sun so it gets really hot. They don't like heat.

Second: A good way to guage how bad the problem is to put a baking pan or other shallow dish on the ground with some dish soap mixed with it, and a lamp shining onto it. For some reason this activates the stupid little idiots brains and they all jump into it, and they can't escape from the soapy water. Tell your friend to leave these things out all over the place to kill the adult fleas. Now, they are are in all different life cycles so this doesn't solve the problem.

Third: Tell your friend to get some fucking medicine for the cats from the vet. I don't care how fucking poor she is, I don't care if they don't bite her, but not doing anything is animal abuse. They eat the shit out of your pets and only bite you because they are starving or stupid. If she is aware of the problem and not doing anything I want to smash her face in with a brick.

Third: Insecticides can help, but they won't totally solve the problem. If this is to be dealt with quickly, you have to manually kill the fleas, treat the pet, and treat the house, ideally in a wombo-combo simultaneous blow. They will periodically come back as the flea can lay dormant for quite a time, so don't stop treatment even if the problem is diminishing. If your house is dirty at all, make sure you clean the fuck out of it, especially around the walls and under shit and carpets, and if you don't have a pet they won't get established at your place.

Again, if you have a pet get flea treatment for it. Wash all the shit you bring back from her house, wash it hard including the luggage with scrubbing, and if you see any kill them by hand or trap. If you notice they are in one particular room only, clean the fuck out if it, bug bomb the bitch, put out soap traps, nuke the pet with more insecticides, clean it again, and then keep the soap traps coming. If you see any fleas, kill them with extreme prejudice with your hands.
>>
Doris Femmerspear - Fri, 11 Sep 2015 22:50:30 EST 9Qj0rsgI No.37646 Reply
>>37644

Thanks. I will definitely wash all of my clothes when I get back, and thankfully I don't have any pets so I hope that will be enough to get rid of any that hitched a ride back with me.

Based on what I've been told, the cats and my friend's home have been treated multiple times but the fleas keep coming back. I'll pass on the tips you wrote in your post.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.