Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Carving Pipes

- Wed, 16 Sep 2015 18:46:07 EST FOPQLfzj No.37652
File: 1442443567986.jpg -(1111645B / 1.06MB, 2560x1920) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Carving Pipes
Anyone have any experience with making pipes out of good old fashioned trees? I got one decent pipe i made from some scrap wood, a dremel, and drill. That pipe was small though and id like to start working on larger pieces. Right now i got a pipe in the making thats a bit over a foot long and i need to know how to bore out the stem of it. I tried taking a wire coat hanger and using a torch lighter to make the end red hot but that only worked for like maybe 5-6 inches. Anyone know a more reliable way of making that part of the pipe?

TLDR: Need to know how to make really deep holes like yer mums
>>
Sidney Drocklenet - Sun, 20 Sep 2015 05:59:31 EST QgiVSobN No.37660 Reply
Make a drill? Sharpen the end or your coat hanger? Thats probably the easiest idea.
Or google, google knows all
Try primitive drilling/woodworking I found a link but can't figure out how to paste on my phone... and I didn't google it before I wrote this reply...
>>
Lydia Fettingnadging - Tue, 06 Oct 2015 00:07:37 EST kMUgzApq No.37684 Reply
>>37652

Here's the best advice you'll get. Dip them in shellac. It will make them handle the higher heat of weed, help preserve and strengthen them, and make them shiny.
>>
Charlotte Gengerway - Sun, 11 Oct 2015 19:09:22 EST hCwfRJkL No.37700 Reply
1444604962005.jpg -(31244B / 30.51KB, 512x384) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>37652
I've made several pieces over the last few years, out of different materials. My favorite method is to use bamboo and wood for a bong. A ~12" long section of bamboo, cut just above and below the nodes makes a killer little bong chamber. Just make sure to thoroughly dry the bamboo before working with it, or it'll split in half after a couple weeks, and of course water can't be left inside the bong for days on end. you should empty it right after smoking.

I then glue a little section of wood onto the side of the bamboo, and drill a hole diagonally through it into the bamboo chamber, this essentially being the downstem.

For the bowl I drill a hole through a little block of wood, about the size of a large 6 sided dice, making sure it's a safe wood to smoke from, (maple is the cheapest and easiest to find, but there are other safe options like olive, cherry, and briar). After that I press fit in a bit of brass tube halfway through the block, and then drill the pilot hole to ~3/8" until it hits the end of the brass tube, this forms the chamber.

From there I just embellish and clean up the looks of the piece, and sometimes seal the rim where your lips go to keep it more sanitary.

I've had some of these last well over a year of constant use, though the bowls get a little bit charred after a while if you torch your bowls.

pic related, a zelda themed one I made a few years back. I'll post some more illustrative diagrams later

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.