Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Stressful Discovery

- Wed, 07 Oct 2015 02:31:15 EST ks5f1zGB No.37687
File: 1444199475651.gif -(508796B / 496.87KB, 275x155) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Stressful Discovery
So I just got a new fridge and had to install a water line for it, using a T-junction from the sink and running it through the cabinets. Problem is, out of fear of overtightening the lines as I was warned by several people, I didn't tighten it enough and it turns out our sink has been dripping for a while now. We have hardwood next to our kitchen and as I stepped on it today.... squish. What the fuck?

There was definitely water under the floor boards... Fuck. Upon closer examination I realized the edges of the boards were buckling. It had just rained that day so I was freaking out that our roof was leaking. Checked all nearby walls, floor molding, ceiling, nothing... then I thought of the new line under the sink and found the drip. So I shut off the valve, fixed the leak, and have been cramming paper towels into every crack and crevice and stepping on the boards and trying to push the water into the towels, which kinda sucked most of the water out. It isn't squishing now but I'm worried about the damage this could cause. I live in Arizona so humidity isn't a problem but I'm still stressed. After some googling I saw some vacuum suction things you can put on the floor, but I don't know if that's needed. Also have a box fan blowing across it for whatever good that will do. I just needed to vent this somewhere, seems like I always have something to fix or work on at this place... *sigh*. Anyway, anyone have any other tips for me in handling this? I plan to just carefully monitor over the next week or so to see if I need more serious restoration done.

Also my girlfriend hasn't even noticed lol I want to avoid telling her and just fix it so she doesn't trip
>>
James Cupperwater - Sat, 28 Nov 2015 21:47:59 EST UEJJ1aS2 No.37740 Reply
better go catch it
>>
Phoebe Bagglewater - Sun, 29 Nov 2015 20:52:02 EST Eh9zZgXY No.37742 Reply
A thing to note is mold issues. There are blowers for drying wet carpet that would direct the air down to/under/across the floor. Better than a just a box fan, you can rent these for pretty cheap.

As much time has passed.

You could refinish the entire hardwood floor and baseboards. floor. Depending could sand, stain and clear coat it. With Stain, sand the floor, seep/vacuum, apply, wipe off. Clear coat, Keep moving, apply evenly, keep a wet edge. Work fluently, going back may cause tacky effects.

Also look into sand sealer, Sand the floor, stain, apply sand sealed, sand with a light grit
usually sand sponge, sweep and go over with a clean dry towel to ensure dust is minimal.
Clear coat and done. Can build the clear coat for a nicer refined finish.

A respirator is a good idea, stuff is flamable so turn off pilots lights, water heater etc light if they are nearby. The vapors stay in the air and hang low and tend to go right to water heaters.

Also keep dust off the final clear finish, no more sanding. Otherwise it will show. Close windows doors noting , pot up platic between the room.

Sorry for the overkill but if you have nice wood there make it really nice.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.