Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Carpentry Apprenticeship

- Thu, 15 Dec 2016 09:33:47 EST gW45FZYW No.38152
File: 1481812427601.jpg -(25041B / 24.45KB, 500x383) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Carpentry Apprenticeship
Going to build an off grid tiny house, can take care of most of it but know nothing about woodworking. Does anybody have experience with carpentry training or apprenticeship? which school/center/business have you gone to, and would you recommend it? has anybody tried self-teaching, or the internet? how did it go and what website/book did you learn from?
>>
Phineas Dazzlekedge - Thu, 15 Dec 2016 10:15:12 EST Ex1pY8NF No.38153 Reply
im an apprentice plumber. working construction is the shit when youve got an experienced journeyman helping you out. you cant learn construction off the internet... trade school is your best bet. nvm after reading your post turns out youre gonna build a cabin? lol apprecticeship
>>
Charles Pegglebanks - Fri, 16 Dec 2016 17:45:09 EST 5bt9mrwU No.38156 Reply
Youtube videos will teach you a lot, but there's no substitute for someone looking over your shoulder and telling you how you're fucking up. There will also invariably be things that you will never learn by yourself because they won't occur to you. That goes for any craft, but I would say building stuff especially.
>>
Jarvis Horryhit - Mon, 26 Dec 2016 14:22:40 EST egqBgWJ5 No.38162 Reply
they say one of the final challenges of carpentry is to make your own door from scratch (rather than a pre-hung). if it hangs nicely, closes smoothly, and doesnt swing open or closed, then you're probably good at carpentry
>>
Edwin Ciblingkork - Mon, 26 Dec 2016 20:16:49 EST 9Jgh4wxd No.38164 Reply
>youtube + dad + local bunnings

I've built a little platform out in the woods, no previous experience.
I would suggest trying something a bit smaller first and then going for the house, also get a design down that is site apt. first.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.