Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Squatting: a How To guide to Homelessness; makeshift shelters

- Mon, 14 Oct 2019 16:38:43 EST aU/ITyPL No.38775
File: 1571085523391.jpg -(91514B / 89.37KB, 779x548) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Squatting: a How To guide to Homelessness; makeshift shelters
Looking for culdesacs or neighborhoods with houses under construction, abandoned works-in-progress type places. I dont imagine any apps that specifically locate areas like this. Ideally, these wouldn’t have to be longterm solutions. Whatta you guys think? How do I find places like this without having to bike all the outskirts of my shitty little town until I can afford to unfuck my life?

Tapered windows, caution tape, the whole nine preferred
help me out here
>>
Nigel Dicklehall - Wed, 16 Oct 2019 11:37:14 EST 76eCRGLb No.38777 Reply
>i need an app to find squats

boy I think you need to stay in school
>>
Clara Senkinwill - Sun, 20 Oct 2019 02:25:19 EST PW9wJvtS No.38783 Reply
bridges have secret rooms in them to allow the concrete to expand and contract.

you can live there forever at ambient temperature.
>>
Barnaby Bardstock - Sun, 20 Oct 2019 18:11:21 EST 9cjuUkxr No.38784 Reply
>>38783
yeah the local punks and skaters back in highschool showed me those inside the bridge but it was dark as fuck. We used flashlights on our cellphones to see. I imagine other shit lives down there.
>>
Sidney Pockhood - Mon, 21 Oct 2019 19:53:18 EST EbjgqZ0h No.38785 Reply
>>38777
I think it's incumbent on us to be a little more supportive.
>>
Frederick Greenway - Thu, 24 Oct 2019 11:21:10 EST qf2iZYdy No.38788 Reply
I mean is there apps to find places under construction that are no longer being worked on? Like some database of construction sites in my town that are no longer being worked on but got left on a list or something for me to find and use for shelter
>>
Fuck Nicklestone - Sat, 26 Oct 2019 09:49:53 EST i/TPsa6w No.38790 Reply
>>38788
That would take forever to compile even if you worked in the city planning department.
>>
Angus Binningville - Tue, 29 Oct 2019 15:40:15 EST ZPK+EhqL No.38791 Reply
Mark my words. This app is coming. Give it 5 years at the most. Think of how many apps or devices you first heard about and went "that's stupid as fuck" and then now here they are. By 2024 we will have iSquat or something like it. The streamlined homelessness app.
>>
Martha Peddlepedge - Fri, 01 Nov 2019 11:58:09 EST vOp+Ntk4 No.38792 Reply
>>38791
I don't think anyone thinks it's a dumb idea.
>>
Martha Grandcocke - Sat, 02 Nov 2019 05:57:46 EST h/7tkOXP No.38793 Reply
>>38791
Drainage tunnels are sometimes preferred. I would pass on new construction. But sometimes they have heat. Buildings may have large concrete shelters that would maybe be unseen.
>>
Hannah Criblingforth - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 21:57:54 EST qf2iZYdy No.38798 Reply
1573441074603.jpg -(150546B / 147.02KB, 811x850) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>38793
thinking more like abandoned houses typically covered in graffiti, left a mess for a long time now etc. likely in a rural area if not somewhere in town hidden away. I really cannot believe a database of abandoned buildings doesn’t exist for me to have like, ratings and everything for this kind of thing. I have seen apps where people make routes to avoid police in your area with ratings for the alternative routes and everything, like, if something that outlandish exists I dont see this as farfetched tbh.
>>
Augustus Crublinghall - Mon, 11 Nov 2019 19:32:11 EST u7Kk5t2v No.38799 Reply
>>38798
>I really cannot believe a database of abandoned buildings doesn’t exist for me to have like, ratings and everything for this kind of thing.

White people: the post
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Eugene Simmlelock - Sat, 23 Nov 2019 03:15:16 EST ums/inMN No.38809 Reply
>>38798
>I really cannot believe a database of abandoned buildings doesn’t exist for
>me to have like,

One can get into urban exploring circles. There are many place that are untouched. Many urban explorers are generally serious about things though
and will not acknowledge people they don't know. We used to mess around
an abandoned missile silo. Part of it was deliberately caved in. You could walk into where the missiles were launched. I forget what they were called in that
era. It was owned by a property owner, so it was not government owned.

Virtually untouched by graffiti or tags. Dangerous place if you didn't know what was what. The main silo, I believe it was minuteman missiles, cold war era housed there? Was really high, The launching doors were broken and the lower part was filled with i would say 20 ft of water or more. The higher access levels seemed to be inaccessible, I think the entrance was where they had caved and filled in access to these. The main control board was primitive. Must have weighed about 3 tons or something.

Today, some of out national defense missile programs still use floppy disks instead or modern technology if the US were to use these for an attack. A
fail-safe method as some experts explain if all other means of remote
control were depleted. You can goolge or youtube abandon places, most will not reveal their locations but maybe offer hints. Here we have ghost towns that are mostly forgotten and mostly unknown and difficult to get to if you know where they are. Some are monitored by the government for trespassing for whatever reasons.
>>
Clara Mimbleridge - Sat, 23 Nov 2019 13:33:11 EST 68trVUJ4 No.38810 Reply
>>38809
You can find some of these places by looking at old plat maps at the library and checking for suspicious little cutouts that don't look like they belong. Then you go back years and years with older and older maps and eventually you find out its a decommed supply station or a missile silo or something.

Kids want to Google the whole world.
>>
Hamilton Cropperdale - Sat, 23 Nov 2019 15:28:29 EST YJ333EDr No.38811 Reply
>>38810
I have a cop person who lives next door and the house is often 'shaded out' in images. Google streets images I believe as well. Are they not just people like the rest of us?
>>
Hamilton Cropperdale - Sat, 23 Nov 2019 15:49:46 EST YJ333EDr No.38812 Reply
>>38810
>old plat maps at the library and checking for suspicious little cutouts that don't
>look like they belong.

That makes total sense to find this. My dad worked on a missile solo project in Nebraska. Not a government worker. This one was near the so-called Midwest
in on a flat field. If you don't know it was there you could have run into a few accidents by just walking or driving through the field, as it had been abandoned
and some areas you could fall right in. Interesting place. I think this was before
made before the military overused asbestos so crawling through the air ducts
was likely pretty safe. never made it as far as they went. If flashlights went out,
(took that into consideration) it could have taken weeks or never as far as we
went in. Which wasn't that far, but I guess tunneling as some call it, this you had to
at times go up 1/rd of a story, go a few more feet in, then back down. Yea, if you had no light, even if you really knew the place, chances of making it back out would prove extremely difficult at best. An associate I had met years later who lived near the town fell off a catwalk in an extra silo that had never been commissioned, that could have been finished and commissioned within
days if pressed to needed to.
>>
Alice Bunbury - Thu, 12 Dec 2019 22:09:43 EST /b47Ym7Z No.38842 Reply
>>38775
Where I am in SoCal camping is the big thing. Go out to the hills and set up a camp site. Then make sure to move around so it doesn't get noticed by cops or overrunned by others.

Showers are best w/ a gym membership. But if you can't find one a solar shower and baby wipes are a better investment.

Also, if you have some sourse of income, are smart and stealthy about it, you can live like a king in small storage unit.

Finally, live out of your car, van or whatever. This is the ultimate way imo.

All these have been told to me by actual homeless people where I volunteer. So mileage will definitely vary.
>>
Caroline Crannerstodge - Sun, 09 Feb 2020 23:47:54 EST 3sibfHDl No.38875 Reply
>>38842
none of the above are my goal
tried the 24/7 gym membership thing
Really wanted to find an abandoned building mate
squatting with candles and a tablet/ ipad or some shit and a sleeping bag is top tier
>>
Cyril Turveyfoot - Mon, 10 Feb 2020 03:31:44 EST U8qW4544 No.38876 Reply
1581323504900.jpg -(251734B / 245.83KB, 1600x1065) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>38875
This was one of our infrequent hangouts. Build I believe in 1902? The right side was there, it had two grain storage elevators for winter weat storage and the rest for processing. The left side was added. I believe it was converted into a machine shop in the 40s. Te holes in the concrete may had shown it had been converted into a larger as scale machine shop. It has been said that at least one person fell through one of the holes from the top floor down to the basement.
The basement was I assume very difficult to navigate, let alone, the water level.

But seek older places that were highly industrial say in the 20s 30s 40s. May find
abandondened homes that are old but not have been vandalized, windows doors intact, etc. Look underground. Many old abandoned places, drainage,
sometimes cities were built over what are accessible spaces. Old train trolly? stations. Dig, sometimes a manhold cover will lead one to places that are adequate and not crumbling. There are urban explorer groups who may help.
There are likely lists of defunct, not-habitable offerings to search through city town records online. Like abandoned courthoues,, look or "breaking ground for the new" hospital, which may say where it was being replaced from. Just taling, but watch out for live wires. Just because a buildig is ababdondened does not mean it doesn't carry a massive electrical charge in it.
>>
Hugh Civingtun - Tue, 11 Feb 2020 16:38:48 EST 3sibfHDl No.38877 Reply
>>38876
found a lot of old brick buildings like that in the town I was in tbh
Old shoe factories were the backbone of the place, like something out of Jumanji.
All I would really need is a grappling hook to get into some of the broken windowed areas. Locked gates guarding boarded up entrances with chains on chains keeping it all closed off but man, a grappling hook to climb the building and I’d be on my Batman shit no problem. Trouble would be sneaking out unnoticed in the daytime. Good news is the 24/7 convenient store was about 200 feet away. Definitely not moving back to that shitty town without buying a grappling hook first.
>>
James Bozzlestitch - Tue, 11 Feb 2020 17:46:35 EST JYBigQEd No.38878 Reply
>>38877
Just for fun, some older buildings a have a coal chute. May be covered deliberately or otherwise. May have tracks to it for unloading. This pictured building had tacks next to it, you could go on top of the building and a nice place to hang out. Coal trains would go by. We used to shoot bottle rockets at the cars. They would explode right the moment it would hit the car. Most of the trains were going south, they were empty, so it was ok to shoot towards these. Most rarely the ones going north were filled and were not to be shot at. That direction was very rare for trains to use that track. Fun places to know. Dangerious eh, if you explore what others will never think of, you know more than they do.
>>
Fuck Cripperdin - Sat, 15 Feb 2020 01:04:24 EST LeA6pLiM No.38879 Reply
https://squattheplanet.com/

I've lived in a few squat situations and car-dwelled for awhile. If you're not looking for longterm then you're in luck. My recommendation is to look around suburbs and rural areas for houses with uncut lawns, from there look for other signs of abandonment and explore carefully. Construction sites tend to get taken care of at some point, and explored by others. Blending in to suburbs or ghettos is your best bet.

You could also just get a sleeping bag and camping hammock, an ideal mobile living setup imo.
>>
Fuck Hanningfield - Wed, 24 Jun 2020 21:04:47 EST VwtlHZmA No.38919 Reply
Once when and my GF were homeless we stayed in a community that was being developed and was gated. We knew the gate code and I guess they figured they didn't need to lock up the model homes and recently completed homes because the community was gated and pretty protected. We would typically get in after nightfall and drive around and decide which of the many houses did we one stay in. Theses houses were like 500k, 700k and 1 mil dollar homes, it was crazy. Once we found one I'd pull up in the driveway in my car, my gf would go see if the front door was unlocked, if unlocked she would go around and open the garage, wait for me to pull the car in and shut it behind me. We had it down like clockwork and had to be fast as possible to avoid being seen by anyone. We'd take our shit outta the car in the garage which was like an air mattress, sheets, pillows, and shit. We also had pots and pans incase we wanted to cook in the kitchen. ALL of these houses would have electricity running to them and would ALL have a hotwater heater installed. We'd do whatever, wake up early(6-7AM), Take our shit and make it look like no one has been there, and then dip out and go to work or whatever we had to do.

We got away with this for atleast 6ish weeks. One day, we fucked up and left later than we shouldve. It was like 930AM or something. I opened the garage, backed out, and a fucking maintenance guy was right outside the garage door and watched me back out and leave. He looked so fucking shocked. I came back later and EVERY house was locked now(or so they thought). We found one house that we never stayed in that was still unlocked. We're in the house for about 20 minutes and then I heard *BOOM BOOM BOOM* "SHERIFF'S OFFICE!" I went to go see what the fuck was going on and this black ass black cop that Ive met a few times previously was standing right outside. He immediately recognized me and I thought that this was time for him to get his revenge for not being able to bust me for DUI. I walked out the house with my GF and we all started talking with the black cop and another cop showed up. The cop that I knew previously had some jokes but I didnt know how to respond, I was nervous as shit. He told me "It's a smart fucking idea but it didn't work out for you, huh? You can only get away with something for so long." and he was cool and black as shit and was like "I could hit you with breaking and entering and take both your asses away. But I'm going to ask the people who own the neighborhood if I can just trespass you." The neighborhood people agreed and instead of getting insanely fucked by the dick of the law, I was free.

What did I learn from this? It's dope when you're homeless and youve got a girlfriend and you guys can fuck and then shower and live SEMI-normally as opposed to living outside in a tent. If you wanna do this you gotta STRICTLY follow your own set routine of times you should leave and times you should get there.
>>
Hamilton Snodhall - Sat, 11 Jul 2020 14:57:34 EST g9Ep96P/ No.38929 Reply
>>38919
lol

how did you learn the code to get in the gates?? Binoculars? Interesting shit.
>>
Hamilton Snodhall - Sat, 11 Jul 2020 15:04:13 EST g9Ep96P/ No.38930 Reply
I just gotta find a grappling hook I swear im gonna batman this shit after seeing the posts in this thread it's definitely possible, and when im done finding all the best spots im gonna find a way to make an app for this kind of endeavor. One day...
>>
adminofstep1a - Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:22:48 EST vEWPlqut No.38931 Reply
>>38788

Okay, there is something in Las Vegas... called, god dammit its like something... Haven... or ... Homeless Haven... or something like that, its the fuck man being that guy in that position where you make a post such as you did?

go and admit yourself into the most known mental health clinic?
and ask for the whatchamacall it... guidebook for healthcare or something like that\, you'll find your own deviant of a way to phrase it, after that

resources.

ask for a book of resources.

then start there
>>
Shit Fuckingman - Fri, 21 Aug 2020 01:19:44 EST PlyU5DWv No.38934 Reply
>>38775
If one takes care of a property, they may be able to live there, even without a lease. It may be difficult to evict them. Look up the laws. Say a vacant house has been on the market for 2 years. There are squatters rights. As Long as they at least keep up a basic routine maintenance of the property. Improving the property is better.

But eviction is surely inevitable.

New construction, or otherwise, if the owners of said property, say find another shelter. Best to do so. Weird laws.
>>
Shit Fuckingman - Fri, 21 Aug 2020 01:31:27 EST PlyU5DWv No.38935 Reply
>>38934
People have challenged these squatter laws for years. The idea is they kept up maintenance for as long. In essence they owned the property.

Which makes no sense. Hence, they did not own the Deed of the property. Weird as it it is. But they owned the property, because they took care of it. It is old law.
To interpret and challenge it is difficult.
>>
Reuben Grimman - Thu, 27 Aug 2020 20:55:31 EST wlLemVlZ No.38936 Reply
find an abandoned house or something that nobody else ever uses or goes to and swiftly change it to your own lock on the door, drag furniture from the trash to make your pad nice, power and water can be issues but you're off the streets. otherwise go to a rrscue mission.
>>
Hedda Worthinghood - Mon, 31 Aug 2020 01:34:49 EST O05UIvyx No.38937 Reply
Stop being a junkie
>>
Phoebe Boshfoot - Wed, 16 Sep 2020 20:03:39 EST 83cGa6g1 No.38941 Reply
>>38875
if it's going to be easy enough to find to be spoon-fed to you, you can bet you won't be alone wherever you gp
>>
Eric Bugenhagen - Tue, 06 Oct 2020 12:44:47 EST ExPiDfRs No.38942 Reply
Live in the woods?
I did that for 3 months until I decided to rent.
>>
Shit Bissledock - Mon, 26 Jul 2021 23:10:46 EST LDySk1LV No.39002 Reply
1627355446365.jpg -(109568B / 107.00KB, 1024x683) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>38791
Yo this is actually a fucking great idea. Imagine, all the bums around the world in a social network where they can help their fellow street urchins out. Some chan's might see a significant decrease in traffic however....
>>
Fuck Nicklewell - Tue, 05 Oct 2021 11:39:14 EST Izjt48pQ No.39011 Reply
>>38775
you should uhhh look up paladin press on archive.org
i think they have a book or two related to your situation
>>
Matilda Sacklepan - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 05:10:55 EST piT22vE3 No.39017 Reply
If you need an app for this you might well just start sucking cock for meth and live in a crackhouse.
>>
Charlotte Fabberfield - Thu, 25 Nov 2021 20:15:17 EST h06kuNrW No.39033 Reply
its like none of you ever watched the movie Hesher
>>
Simon Pickbury - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:58:13 EST o8O+7IVL No.39054 Reply
>>38775
this app WIN(what i need) is basically a streamlined homeless app except it doesn’t offer the maps like OP describes revealing any empty Culdesacs under construction or unfinished apartments / abandoned locations to sneak into and crash. Does offer maps of every other kind of resource.

still think a batman style grappling hook and that sort of location would be an easy fix.
Make a fire, get food stamps to eat for free, it’s a done dillio.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.