Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

how do you keep it all straight

- Wed, 17 Aug 2016 21:11:20 EST +vg/lECh No.12637
File: 1471482680442.png -(558768B / 545.67KB, 641x616) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. how do you keep it all straight
so i have to wonder how you people that know multiple languages
3+
keep it all straight.. do they ever bleed together?
>>
Albert Pucklehork - Fri, 19 Aug 2016 06:05:21 EST VsaRwmTc No.12638 Reply
No, different neural pathways, I guess. Other words only come into play, when you forget one from the language you were using. Then a drawer in your head opens and you pull out something from the other languages you know.
>>
Basil Punnerback - Sun, 28 Aug 2016 15:56:17 EST mVf2/T6i No.12652 Reply
It's fairly normal for people here know English as a foreign language (to varying degrees of success) and either French or German at a reasonable conversational level.
Sometimes, if you're at a reasonable level of fluency, you might prefer some languages for certain things (English, for instance, is terrible at explaining medical things to the layman because everything has a crazy name like 'Cirrhosis' that tells you nothing about the condition, while other languages might have names meaning 'Shrinking Liver' or something that gives you a decent hint). I know some language majors on their 4th or 5th language who make a game of using as many foreign languages in a sentence as possible while still having it make sort-of sense to someone who knows all of them.

Best explanation I can come with is
>>12638
Think running vs swimming. They're all forms of locomotion, but you'd never just collapse in the middle of the street and start doing the magikarp because you got the two mixed up.
>>
Sophie Gasslebury - Mon, 29 Aug 2016 14:40:34 EST RQ9rHzrc No.12653 Reply
>>12652
that is impressive.. 4 or 5 languages.. i'd started to learn dutch but moved to russian unfortnutaly i got side tracked and haven't used rosetta stone for a while
>>
Fuck Ninnerbanks - Fri, 02 Sep 2016 20:48:12 EST XwCU7Rol No.12657 Reply
>>12653
4 or 5 is impressive, but not crazy. Look up some of those youtube polyglots like Luca Lampariello or Richard Simcott, that's where shit gets really crazy

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.