Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists



View Thread Reply
- Sun, 27 Mar 2016 00:44:11 EST qShHsWwO No.45250
File: 1459053851625.jpg -(115634B / 112.92KB, 950x534) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. WEED BUST
I was allegedly caught with a 1/2 pound of High CBD weed and $2500 cash. I was charged with trafficking in Canada. What can i do? My lawyer is off for the weekend and im scared. Its not my first offence but my first of one this bad. Any tips so i stay out of jail? I had a panic attack when i got busted but when the cops with the ambulance i just went with the cops instead and now they said i faked a medical emergency. I need some help guys
4 posts omitted. Click View Thread to read.
Eugene Bardwill - Mon, 23 May 2016 18:34:27 EST JgrhRLWY No.45338 Reply
>Implying rich people walk around with large amounts of cash

Lol ok, maybe nouveau riche trash. But they are just gagging to give that money back to us. Real money doesn't do insipid shit like that. Carrying cash is for plebs.
Ebenezer Sandleridge - Wed, 25 May 2016 03:11:38 EST Q+eYDGG0 No.45343 Reply
>Is 2500 like an obscene amount of money to carry around?

Should not be. But if any drugs can be found with it, it's as good as gone in some places. The US at a time and today as well, can simply confiscate amounts of cash and deem it drug cash. If parahelenia or drugs are found alongside. Not good.

2500 is somewhat unique, drugs or not pigs have taken peoples moey, jailed them as well. At times a mere few bills found with drugs or paraphenelia the moey is forfeiteted to the county/state by default.
Sophie Tillingshit - Wed, 25 May 2016 07:25:31 EST lc24Wo5+ No.45344 Reply
you explained this kinda shitily so ill do a better job or try too

asset forfiture is the process by which police may sieze assets they believe to be in connection to illegal activity. this can include large sums of money and or objects they say facilitate illegal activity.

for being an unemployed and having 2 grand in small bills screams these funds were obtained illegally, on the other hand being a stripper walking around with a bag of coke and 2k in your pocket doesnt. its all about the circumstances surrounding the situation

you should look into asset forfeiture. its a rather murky topic that has alot of strange stories with it. you'll hear stories used car dealers sending their employees with 20k in cash to the auction, getting stopped and having the assests siezed even with out drugs present. http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/30/the-7-most-egregious-examples-of-civil-asset-forfeiture/

What can the pres actually do?

View Thread Reply
- Thu, 12 May 2016 23:15:28 EST CLAdTZPI No.45311
File: 1463109328323.jpg -(107649B / 105.13KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. What can the pres actually do?
Hey /law/ this is a general question rather than a plea for legal advice but this still seemed like the best board. Everyone talks about the President of the US as regards to drug policy, but theoretically if a super pro-pot person got elected then what could they even do? I seem to remember reading that the president gets a direct say in what the Scheduling of specific drugs is but I'm curious if that's the full extent of their power (or even if that's accurate at all) aside from suggesting legislation to congress?
2 posts omitted. Click View Thread to read.
Polly Blythewater - Fri, 13 May 2016 23:15:54 EST uLJPOHRz No.45316 Reply
Presidents can only pardon federal crimes, so he can't really do much for street level dealing or use offenses.
Molly Blallernure - Thu, 19 May 2016 08:55:46 EST jgu/8HmY No.45330 Reply
clinton did for his brother. I think it was for coke though.
Hedda Pebberfidge - Thu, 19 May 2016 11:26:39 EST JgrhRLWY No.45331 Reply
Roger Clinton had federal drug charges, specifically Conspiracy to distribute cocaine, 21 U.S.C. § 846 and Distribution of cocaine, 21 U.S.C. § 841(a)(1), and was convicted in the western district of the federal district court of Arkansas.

Because it was federal Bill could pardon him, he couldn't (and didn't) pardon his cocaine possession or DUI convictions.

What law would I be breaking?

View Thread Reply
- Wed, 18 May 2016 10:04:52 EST d44nGmxv No.45325
File: 1463580292346.png -(169844B / 165.86KB, 256x256) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. What law would I be breaking?
I live in Ohio.
I've noticed the paper used for releasing people like me from probation has a very similar appearance to those the police use to apply for warrants. If I were to put a probation release form in the judge's office mailbox where warrants go, rather than the box for probation forms, what laws would I be breaking? Would playing dumb about where forms go be a good enough excuse? I know every warrant gets signed without ever being read. Whether it would work just seems a matter of the paper ending up back in the probation office.
Albert Deshkodging - Wed, 18 May 2016 16:58:12 EST lc24Wo5+ No.45326 Reply
I know every warrant gets signed without ever being read. Whether it would work just seems a matter of the paper ending up back in the probation office.

try again.


View Thread Reply
- Mon, 16 May 2016 01:37:12 EST j6cYZyBb No.45318
File: 1463377032240.jpg -(75806B / 74.03KB, 400x266) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Vinyl
If I own a copy of Floyd on vinyl, am I allowed to download those albums in the US
Ebenezer Cranningdere - Mon, 16 May 2016 03:24:12 EST Q2bHITxC No.45319 Reply
You're allowed to make and possess copies for personal use, but you're never allowed to distribute them which is generally what you do when you download using peer-to-peer.

muh gun

View Thread Reply
!rU8mq5Ca7M - Mon, 16 May 2016 22:33:51 EST qmyw6qYu No.45320
File: 1463452431900.jpg -(58474B / 57.10KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. muh gun
tl;dr: yellow version
>bought a smith & wesson M&P 40 pistol c. 2009 in cali, registered in my name in theory
>couple years passed, shit went bad for me
>went to georgia to live with army buddy
>shit went south, had to bus back to cali to be homeless
>left my pistol with my then-buddy for safekeeping among other issues
>no longer have contact with said dude, can't get contact either
>need pistol back before moving to grizzlyville, ak
>dude since moved from ga to nm based on what little i could glean from the interbutts
>pistol has since been added to some bullshit "gun control" faggoty list precluding direct import afaik

other stuff was also left behind, and i have no reason to assume it no longer exists based on my knowledge of the dude.
how should i get it back, or should i just write it off as a total loss?
Clara Billerbury - Tue, 17 May 2016 00:13:29 EST 7PhiV2Pl No.45321 Reply
I may be wrong but I think that you transfer possession of the firearm if you leave it with someone for over 6 months.
Martin Clollyputch - Tue, 17 May 2016 02:07:10 EST 2Qb4yyph No.45322 Reply
If you didn't have some agreement about your stuff and just left it there indefinitely, you abandoned it. It's unlikely that you can legally claim any of it, but he might just give it to you.

Sudden death

View Thread Reply
- Sun, 08 May 2016 03:49:57 EST B7JlJ1MF No.45306
File: 1462693797473.jpg -(68189B / 66.59KB, 500x727) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Sudden death
So my mom just died /law/. Got the call last night.

It's 12:24 am here. Happy mother's day! I looked at her face and it was all bruised with a hint of vomit across one cheek. They stripped off all her clothes to get her on the stretcher... I was in the next town over when this happened so the neighbors had to call me. It must have been three days she was lying there on floor next to her bed. The signs seem to point to kidney failure. But this isn't a /qq/:

She did in fact leave a will. I intend to honor every word of it. The problem is that she didn't sign the thing yet!! A witness did sign it however and even more people saw her with it talking about it to them, myself included. Is it legally binding in any form? The estate in questions is like <$3000 (...subsidized housing).

I don't want the government or anyone to try to pull anything that would cause more pain to my sister and I and violate mom's vision of life after her passing. Maybe I'm just getting up in arms over nothing idk. Input?
Sidney Happerforth - Sun, 08 May 2016 10:37:16 EST B7JlJ1MF No.45307 Reply
well, I guess this just became a legacy question. found a copy where she did sign it.
Jenny Seggleworth - Sun, 08 May 2016 11:27:06 EST y5e+CA66 No.45308 Reply
>A witness did sign it however and even more people saw her with it talking about it to them, myself included.
It's really weird that a witness signed it but she didn't.

>Is it legally binding in any form?
Definitely not binding, but it can have some weight in the event of a dispute.

>I don't want the government or anyone to try to pull anything that would cause more pain to my sister and I and violate mom's vision of life after her passing.
What's going to happen is the estate will go to a probate court. The will is supposed to be the decedent's testimony to that court. The particulars vary by state, but if you and your sister are her only immediate family then you each get half of what's left over after debts, taxes, and fees. Your options for affecting the distribution of the estate are testifying in court or coming to an agreement with the other heirs and submitting that to the court.
Isabella Tootcocke - Sun, 08 May 2016 16:32:17 EST klBXCnVM No.45309 Reply
Sorry to hear passing by. Take some time. Few things are as important.
Good luck to you and family.

Posession of Heroin Indictment

View Thread Reply
- Tue, 19 Apr 2016 23:01:28 EST 5PhBYusF No.45277
File: 1461121288683.jpg -(207281B / 202.42KB, 683x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Posession of Heroin Indictment
Wondering if I can beat this shit... Before I explain please let it be known I live in a small town with about 12k population... If your wondering why my county is petty.

Okay, so around 10pm or so, I went into the bathroom, my parents suspecting me of using in the bathroom. They called the cops on me while I was in the shower. I had a syringe and a spoon in the bathroom with me. I took the spoon in the shower with me (it was weird I had a gut feeling the cops were being called on me.) And I washed off the spoon while taking a shower. I got dressed, walked out of the bathroom, and 4-6 cops were waiting in the living room waiting for me. They told me to come there and I kept arguing with them, "Am I being arrested?" "What am I being detained for" "Why am I being held here I didnt commit a crime." blablabla...

Their answer was "You are being held for the sheriff."

I said "For what reason am I being held for the sheriff If I didnt commit any crimes."

They wouldn't answer. They just stayed silent...

I was sitting there at the table with the cops hands on my arms so I wouldn't move... For basically no reason other than my parents called and suspected me of using in the bathroom.

The sheriff got there (A narcotics agent in my small ass fucking town). And said they were going to search my room, which I argued I didnt give permission, they said my stepdad gave permission. So they did that and found nothing, Then she wanted to search my person, and I CLEARLY MADE IT A HUGE FUCKING BIG DEAL, that she cannot search my person and I wasnt giving her permission. She kept saying she was going to search for illegal weapons so the cops are safe. She patted me down and reached in my pockets and pulled out a clean spoon and syringe. Took me outside to the cop car, field tested the spoon with no witnesses and came back to me in the back of the cop car saying I was going to jail tonight for posession of heroin. So here I am today out on bond, just got served with a Felony 5th degree posession of heroin indictment. Its my 3rd posession charge the fuck do I do can I beat this shit with this search shit?
14 posts omitted. Click View Thread to read.
Rebecca Munnerwill - Sun, 24 Apr 2016 15:15:47 EST JgrhRLWY No.45294 Reply
Also you need to refer back to one of my earlier points about how Terry doesn't answer the question. Stop reading Terry and get a lawyer.
Lillian Smallhood - Mon, 25 Apr 2016 06:59:55 EST mY8z3ti5 No.45295 Reply
> The officer told me he was searching for weapons, NOT CONTRABAND

cops lie, get over it.
Edwin Crisslenurk - Tue, 03 May 2016 22:01:15 EST ZBt7N0X/ No.45303 Reply
I'm an attorney, and I'll start by giving you the only advice: get an attorney. I'm guessing you're from the US, so your state should have a public defender's office. Sign up with them if you cannot hire an attorney. Despite what you've heard, they can be amazing attorneys. I am a public defender and the attorneys in my office are the best in the state.

There are potential 4th Amendment issues in your case concerning the search of your room and your person. An attorney can sit down with you, look at the discovery you receive (all the police reports) and determine whether you have a good argument for suppression. In the meantime, this is some good general advice:
1) Do not talk to police or prosecutors. If they reach out to you, say nothing other than "I'd like to speak to an attorney."
2) Get into a drug treatment program. Go to the local health department, get evaluated, and follow their instructions. Whether or not you think you need treatment, the Judge you're in front of is probably going to presume that you're an addict due to your charges and priors. If you can show the prosecutor and Judge that you're seeking help, that's one less reason to lock you up.
3) Are you working? No? Then get a fucking job. Again, full-time work is ANOTHER reason to not lock you up. Can't find a job? Do volunteer work with a not-for-profit organization in your community. Treat it like a job.
4) Get a haircut, shave, and wear a suit to court. Appearance matters. It shouldn't but it does. Deal with it.
5) Bring with you a folder with all the documentation of the above-mentioned. Proof that you're working, in treatment, doing community service, etc. Letters from drug counselors confirming that you're in treatment (when you started, how often you go, when you get urine tested, and so on). Stuff with letterheads, signatures, and phone numbers in case the prosecutor or Judge wants to verify.
6) If possible, bring people who can speak on your behalf. Yes, your parents who narc'd you out may help. If you clean yourself up and impress them enough, they may be able to give a whole "my son has totally changed" song and dance routine. Otherwise, if people cannot make it to Court, have them write letters of references. Keep those handy, in your folder. All of these materials are for your attorney to use as ammunition to convince the prosecutor to drop the case or work a deal out to your benefit. Even if you cannot work the case and end up taking a shitty plea or going to trial and losing, you can use aaaaaall of that information for mitigation during sentencing to convince the Judge that locking you up would serve no purpose.
7) Look into vivitrol injections. Google it and read about it; call your doctor or the health department and see if that's available in your area/with your insurance. It's pretty new and exciting stuff (the medication is old; the injections are new).


pic unrelated

View Thread Reply
- Tue, 19 Apr 2016 14:02:50 EST Lr2DY6o0 No.45275
File: 1461088970014.jpg -(49110B / 47.96KB, 539x535) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. pic unrelated
So I was pulled over and cited for having a headlight out.
The cop smelled pot so i gave him the weed and pipe.
Spent the night in jail. Now I have court and I believe I might want to fight it. The cop said my headlight was out but the next day I turned it on and it was broken, and smoking but still lit. I feel like it should be considered an unlawful stop and would be thrown out but I dont want to have to deal with major shit for trying to fight it rather than just pleading guilty. I've had a few misdemeanor pot charges that were dropped down in ny and this is my first charge in south dakota.
Jarvis Blashchidge - Tue, 19 Apr 2016 22:57:29 EST aYpMpqpy No.45276 Reply
i got caught smoking a j in my local park at night, worst comes to worst is they are going to give you an "acd" adjournment in contemplation of dismissal.

good luck

Just got rekt by police

View Thread Reply
- Mon, 07 Mar 2016 02:19:39 EST hEfaH7id No.45198
File: 1457335179700.jpg -(42732B / 41.73KB, 650x479) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Just got rekt by police
So about an hour ago I got stopped for speeding. The police searched my car and found 2 Vyvanse pillls, 2 Klonopin, a small quantity of weed (under .5 grams) and a bottle of anti-depressants that aren't prescribed to me. Does anyone know how fucked I'm gonna get? I was "arrested" but they didn't take me to jail. The cop said there would be some paperwork coming, and I'd have to appear in court. Does anyone know what kind of charges I'm going to face? I live in Pennsylvania.
19 posts and 2 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
Walter Greenman - Fri, 15 Apr 2016 07:15:54 EST mY8z3ti5 No.45270 Reply
wtf is a summary offense

you will end up in rehab and have to complete it as your plea deadl.

p sure i suggested you start a rehab program a while back.
John Brunderridge - Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:37:09 EST QJcdANRq No.45271 Reply
1460752629352.jpg -(37414B / 36.54KB, 300x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

A summary offense tends to mean whatever you did was not considered a big deal. It can be dealt with 'summarily' (quickly) by a judge without going to trial or using other lengthy, expensive procedures.

Criminal (aka Indictable) offenses tend to be big deals. Big fines and pound-me-in-the-ass prison,

>Summary conviction offences encompass the most minor offences in the Criminal Code. Examples are "cause disturbance" and "harassing telephone calls."
Another example is 'use of a stolen credit card.' Don't ask me how I know.
>Unless a different penalty is specified, summary conviction offences are punishable by a fine of up to $5,000 or six months' jail or both.
>You cannot be fingerprinted for a summary conviction offence.
Fanny Fottingwell - Sun, 17 Apr 2016 11:34:00 EST QJcdANRq No.45274 Reply
That info is for Canadia.

Penn summary offence info: https://clsphila.org/learn-about-issues/dealing-summary-offenses

It's not easy to find 411 on Penn fingerprinting. This page says they will do it for 'retail theft'. So there's an example of a summary offense requiring fingerprinting. Talk to your lawyer to see if you have to do it. That order may have been triggered by your arrest and you might not have to go, but find out for sure.

>(g) Fingerprinting.--Prior to the commencement of trial or entry of plea of a defendant 16 years of age or older accused of the summary offense of retail theft, the issuing authority shall order the defendant to submit within five days of such order for fingerprinting by the municipal police of the jurisdiction in which the offense allegedly was committed or the State Police. Fingerprints so obtained shall be forwarded immediately to the Pennsylvania State Police for determination as to whether or not the defendant previously has been convicted of the offense of retail theft.

Water bill.

View Thread Reply
- Sun, 03 Apr 2016 07:25:02 EST o7mCmSSp No.45254
File: 1459682702680.jpg -(72893B / 71.18KB, 640x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Water bill.
I rent an apartment from my landlord since October.

The terms stated that there is a certain amount of water allotted per month.
He told me that usually the resident doesn't go over the allotted amount,
that in order to do so you would have to be running water non stop.
He said if that ever does happens, then a fee will be charged based on the amount that went over.

So months go by . No problems.

Halfway through February he told me that I had accrued a water utility bill of $150.
He asks has there been water running? I tell him about the toilet which seemed to always be running (I have never experienced this problem before)
He checks it out and says yeah it needs a new flapper.

So I pay the bill and fix the flapper.

Yesterday he says we need to talk. He says the water bill is $1,000. I immediately think "bull shit". He is coming over this morning . Is it even possible to run up a bill of 1,000 in the space of a month, even with a broken toilet?

I am unemployed and already behind on electric. I have no money to pay this. I'm not sure I fully trust him because $1000 is outrageous.
1 posts omitted. Click View Thread to read.
Nell Sittinghudge - Mon, 04 Apr 2016 08:27:08 EST o7mCmSSp No.45257 Reply

We're going to have someone come check the meter.
Nell Sittinghudge - Mon, 04 Apr 2016 08:33:17 EST o7mCmSSp No.45258 Reply
The one grand was over the course of three months. The earlier bill was three hundred but I was asked to only pay half.

he said his water bill before moving in was 0. So six months after I move in I somehow accrue a thirteen hundred dollar water bill. I knew the toilet flush was fucked up but I didn't know it was running water constantly and I said nothing to anyone.

If nothing is wrong with the meter - does that mean I will be fully responsible for the entire bill?
Faggy Crappertig - Tue, 05 Apr 2016 06:17:11 EST 1tYkwIkZ No.45260 Reply
I can assure you that your water bill is NOT defined to your apartment.

Fuyck the toilet, it is their responsibility to maintain the apartment.
Charge them for your fixing the leak. Tenants are generally afforded
payment to fix what 'they' are responsible for. Slight but not a huge
mistake is not telling them that you had a leak, but the leak did
no damage, nor would cost anywhere in the 100 dollar range.
If even 20 dollars per month at best.

Have it show the bill. Be direct if you will. I bet the bill is the entire building, maybe minus utilities such as laundry, landscaping. Do now, take pictures of stuffs that you fixed, keep receipts, damage that is wear and tear or was there before. Document stuff.

Look into the management company that owns the property. If there is infractions. Even look towards the management company and see if this person is fit to actually manage an apartment building.

Car crash advice

View Thread Reply
- Sat, 19 Mar 2016 12:53:37 EST 8d84YCCe No.45234
File: 1458406417694.jpg -(257337B / 251.31KB, 1000x631) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Car crash advice
A guy t boned me, he admits fault. Went to the hospital and got released with a concussion and a stinger. Cop for my statement at the hospital, all I said was the dude jumped the curb and hit me and the rest is a blur.

Took the weekend off work and put a call out to a lawyer, any other tips? Should I follow up with my MD and keep bitching about pain and numbness in my arms?
Oliver Grimfield - Wed, 23 Mar 2016 21:10:55 EST Kd+sUt8p No.45246 Reply
Not unless you have pain and numbness in your arms. Don't be another suit-happy asshole.
Martin Semmledeck - Thu, 24 Mar 2016 07:10:26 EST SlAUIToa No.45249 Reply
Yea, I think the concussion should be enough.


View Thread Reply
- Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:55:20 EST 4aU25o/r No.45242
File: 1458672920976.jpg -(1265877B / 1.21MB, 4640x2784) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Expungement
Have any of you got a case on your criminal record cleared.
I have a misdemeanor violation in California that I am wanting to erase from my record. It happened back in 2011 and all the conditions have been met. I have been calling the courts to try and talk to an ACTUAL PERSON but the phone system in this country sucks (same problem with DMV phone line).
I currently have two forms printed and filled out. One being a Livescan and the other being a Petition for Dismissal.
Now, can I do this through the mail or does it all have to be done in person.
I have no clue what to do next but I have the forms filled out. I don't even know where to send them or if they would cost money. The incident happened in Orange County but now I am over a thousand miles away and don't (can't) really go back until summer maybe.
Any pointers or personal experience doing this?
I also don't wanna hire a lawyer because I am a broke college grad without a job.
Eliza Niggerstone - Wed, 23 Mar 2016 06:30:21 EST JgrhRLWY No.45245 Reply
It can't be done through the mail. While it looks like you can e-file your petition, you or a lawyer will need to be there for the hearing.

If you want to do this, just hire a lawyer, it likely will be cheaper than trying to fly out to California, and he's not going to fuck up your filings because yours are almost certainly a mess. For instance, one of the two things you've filled out are irrelevant, and you're missing at least two other documents right now. So you're not off to a good start.

Going plazes

View Thread Reply
- Sun, 20 Mar 2016 16:57:41 EST /K6hiIob No.45236
File: 1458507461426.jpg -(146251B / 142.82KB, 1300x1300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Going plazes
What's the best place to live at / move to for legal weed?
2 posts omitted. Click View Thread to read.
Hugh Sellychot - Tue, 22 Mar 2016 04:58:08 EST dvvpEwhV No.45241 Reply
Aside, some have been extradited for less than ten bucks of pot for not showing for court many states over. Costing taxpayers massive amounts of money for basically not as much a menace than disorderly conduct public or even public urination.
Cyril Duckworth - Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:57:44 EST 4aU25o/r No.45243 Reply
From what i've seen on Weedmaps, Alaske doesn't seem to have any dispensaries open. What's the deal with that? The legalization is just for personal growing/use? Street selling?
Lillian Dattingchidge - Wed, 23 Mar 2016 03:13:09 EST dvvpEwhV No.45244 Reply
Likely person possession growing use. Selling may not be likely. In know Denver has pot shops everywhere. Surrounding areas where you would never think would ever allow them are here and there. A fishing tackle shop we used to go to turned into a pot shop. I liked it either way.


View Thread Reply
- Sun, 20 Mar 2016 00:39:00 EST CBqgSR9k No.45235
File: 1458448740528.jpg -(150474B / 146.95KB, 800x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Help
SWIM got pulled over by the Michigan Police and the found hash oil and paraphernalia. The officer gave SWIM a citation for possession and paraphernalia. What's going to happen to SWIM?
Codes are 9200 and 9201
John Snoddale - Mon, 21 Mar 2016 01:30:57 EST FyPcY6k3 No.45238 Reply
michigan is chill as fuck in terms of weed

youll get off with a fine at the end, as long as the hash oil wasn't considered a felony because some states treat concentrates as felonies

Report Post
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.