420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Corporate Law by Nell Brookfoot - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 21:29:03 EST ID:rHRgCDWm No.45683 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1483756143885.gif -(921544B / 899.95KB, 171x141) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 921544
Hail /law/,

I have a question.

I signed a Non-Compete Agreement with my company WAFFLE DINGLE, Inc. when I first started. Later WAFFLE DINGLE, Inc. was purchased by venture capitalists. At this point it became WAFFLE DINGLE LLC. .

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I signed an agreement with WAFFLE DINGLE Inc. It became WAFFLE DINGLE LLC. Do I still have to honor the agreement? Does WAFFLE DINLGE Inc. still exist even though it became WAFFLE DINGLE LLC.?

Not that a Non-Compete is even enforcible in IL right now.

Anywho, is that a valid argument?
>>
Edwin Hissleville - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 03:57:43 EST ID:DYI+0dHA No.45685 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Unless there was a clause stating otherwise, or some provision of employment law, you can safely assume that your contract can be freely assigned/transferred.
>>
Nell Brookfoot - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 09:45:19 EST ID:rHRgCDWm No.45686 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I dunno, I had an agreement with company A when I decided to work for them. But when company B acquired company A, I began working at company B which I never agreed to work for under a certain set of conditions. I don't see why company B should have the rights to the same terms I agreed to with company A, as I did not agree to uphold any of these covenants with company B.

I'm not a filing cabinet to be purchased and moved at a whim.

I'm actually seeing alot of arguments in favor of the proletariat in these situations.
>>
Cedric Duvingwell - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 13:10:06 EST ID:45huNpiF No.45687 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45686
Pretty much all that stuff is transferred during sales.

What they CAN'T do is hold you to the standards of the LLC non-compete. Meaning that, say the NC you signed was for one year. The LLC folks can enforce that one year, but they can't say, "Well, now you work for the LLC, so the real time period is two years."
They CAN ask that you sign a new LLC though to change the terms if they need to.
>>
Sidney Climblemack - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 14:45:55 EST ID:JgrhRLWY No.45688 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45686
>I'm not a filing cabinet to be purchased and moved at a whim.

you're not. You're a human being and can quit your job and be in no worse position then if you quit your job with the entity your contracted with.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.