Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Do confidential informants/ undercover cops sell drugs?

- Thu, 09 Jul 2015 20:35:37 EST ojLuBvKt No.44392
File: 1436488537700.jpg -(41220B / 40.25KB, 570x449) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Do confidential informants/ undercover cops sell drugs?
A buddy of mine recently arranged to get a half gram of coke off someone at his work. The co worker ended up having his mom drop it off to him and now he is paranoid that the woman was a confidential informant or undercover cop. The coke she gave him was real and was really good he said. My question is are confidential informants allowed to sell drugs or just buy them? And if it was an undercover would my friend have gotten arrested on the spot or would they contact him later? It's been a few days and he hasn't heard anything yet. Have any of you heard of anyone getting busted from buying a small amount of drugs off of a CI? Or do they usually just bust dealers?
>>
Augustus Sidgewater - Fri, 10 Jul 2015 18:21:58 EST Q1HU56X7 No.44394 Reply
The reason cops don't generally distribute drugs into the wild is the potential for civil liability and bad publicity. It's incorrect to say they can't do it.
>>
Ebenezer Cheffinghall - Sun, 12 Jul 2015 08:31:38 EST y3iUDtgs No.44396 Reply
Cops sell drugs all the time. Look up the story of the anti-narcotics unit in south Texas that got busted recently for not only selling drugs, but trafficking and providing security for huge shipments.

Of course, they were behaving criminally, so they weren't acting in the scope of their duties.

That said, I don't know why they'd bother busting somebody for a half gram. And they probably would have done it when the dope was dropped off.

Is the half gram gone? If so, "your friend" should just keep "his" mouth shut if the cops show up. If the coke is gone and metabolized they're not going to have much of a case, are they?

>This video clearly shows Ms. Fondleworth receiving a half gram of cocaine from our undercover officer.
>(your lawyer says) Not at all. Ms. Fondleworth had asked to borrow a small amount of sweetener for her coffee. It was just Splenda. And since it's gone, y'all niggaz can't prove shit.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.