Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Latin term

- Sun, 15 Jul 2018 15:47:08 EST EiVbx+oT No.46242
File: 1531684028192.jpg -(71713B / 70.03KB, 618x410) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Latin term
Any law enforcement out there? I have a question.
There is a phrase the police sometimes use, Latin, which describes an officers discretion on wheather to charge or not charge on a crime do to it's possible non severity. for instance finding a man drunk in public just a block from his house and choosing not to arrest him considering the tweaker on the corner down the street is selling a bag at the same time and is more severe.
" 'Something' and 'something' of the law." Is how is goes I beleive.
>>
Fucking Ciddledock - Sun, 15 Jul 2018 23:24:03 EST cEwuNxwz No.46243 Reply
that's a question?
>>
Edwin Dollerpid - Thu, 11 Oct 2018 01:46:48 EST nmZGtgkl No.46333 Reply
>>46242
Mala prohibita? Male in se? Spirit of the law? Letter of the law? Those don’t exactly fit the scenarios you’re describing but whatever.
>>
Alice Trotlock - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 01:49:35 EST IdUQ2K63 No.46334 Reply
>>46333

Police really do not learn latin. It's really has no place. They may know 'laws," generally. But not necessarily law in general. In essence, that would require them to actually overthink.
-
"The maxim generalia specialibus non derogant means that, for the purposes of interpretation of two statutes in apparent conflict, the provisions of a general statute must yield to those of a special one."
-
This would generally apply to courts. But the principle, if say an assault is occurring or other significant crime is likely to be commuted, a j-walking or other insignificant petty crime should be ignored and the significant crime pursued. It does apply, latin. But you know the cops, oh we have a lawyer here. Often it's a true the person being detained may know law far more than a police officer. The I know my rights thing, like on COPs, media. People should know their rights and limitations by actors of government. Namely, those who can use thgeir positions to violates peoples freedoms.
>>
Nathaniel Bovingfedge - Sun, 21 Oct 2018 16:31:38 EST 8Xnsq3G1 No.46337 Reply
it's straightforwardly called "enforcement discretion" in english
>>
Angus Clattingmidge - Mon, 05 Nov 2018 11:09:54 EST x5fORZKv No.46341 Reply
>>46334
In canada, discretionary law intervention applies, regardless of if there's a warrant. It's been in our law since the cold war. They snowball and can search your place without cause if you let them, while that guy sells crack on the corner
>>
Fuck Faggleridge - Mon, 05 Nov 2018 12:56:48 EST dO5Wn5IA No.46343 Reply
>>46341
In the US, if they say "do you mind" if we come in, it can be searchable. If you say no, they do this, why not, this and that. Say do you mind if I look through your house?
I told some cops to leave, I explained that they were searching through areas, that had nothing to do with,, their explanation. They did leave though. It's all,, not fun but stand up, or at least not let others with different careers trample on your area unless they have legitimate reason to.
>>
Reuben Carringnet - Mon, 26 Nov 2018 16:29:38 EST A3OnO7QN No.46355 Reply
In general, Latin is perfect for law.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.