Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Can a state school require you to film your own home?

- Wed, 29 May 2019 16:58:22 EST HKXisE6P No.46399
File: 1559163502641.jpg -(22407B / 21.88KB, 480x473) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Can a state school require you to film your own home?
Hey /law/, hoping I don't need to do anything with this info but I do need some help

I'm taking an online course this summer that uses the lockdown exam browser (https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=XuX8WoeAycs)

Part of it says that an instructore might require you to use a webcam.

My question is, there's no way a state funded school (U.S., Virginia) can require me to film footage of my residence right? This is a state school with a campus, they have to let me test there right? If they try to tell me "No you have to test from your home with a camera on" how would I even challenge that? What kind of lawyer would I need?

Thank you
>>
John Bicklederk - Wed, 29 May 2019 19:25:01 EST I0kzmY5f No.46401 Reply
Why don't you just email your professor and ask if it's ok if you record at the school?
>>
Walter Pickgold - Thu, 30 May 2019 17:59:21 EST HKXisE6P No.46404 Reply
>>46401

I have, I'm hoping they'll be reasonable. I just wanted to know what my next step is if that fails
>>
Phoebe Brookbanks - Mon, 03 Jun 2019 19:28:55 EST fqkInUx1 No.46412 Reply
>>46399
>Part of it says that an instructore might require you to use a webcam.

I see no reason why not. Oral exam, whatever. Showing the student is
the student. Many reasons, as the student were 'virtually' present at
the time.

>My question is, there's no way a state funded school (U.S., Virginia) can require me
>to film footage of my residence right?

The question would be the institution recording this, without disclosing doing so.
Otherwise, I assume it is merely conversing with students, as if they were present.

Nothing states one has to record their surroundings as part of their course, right?
Unless it somehow has to do with a project, which would be difficult for many with a webcam.
>>
Reuben Gegglehet - Wed, 05 Jun 2019 19:27:44 EST pIPKtC0X No.46413 Reply
why not just like point your camera at a blank white wall or something? what kind of schizophrenic levels of paranoia are you dealing with OP?
>>
Hedda Dozzleville - Sat, 08 Jun 2019 05:31:29 EST ZFv7na90 No.46415 Reply
>>46413
Sometimes students need to openly converse with their teachers. Medicine is
an example of conversing via internet. I worked with many that blacked taped
webcams. Because, some internet, comp manufacturers, had open webcams.
Even if they were 'supposedly' turned off.

This principle, spied on students with computers supplied by the school system, at home while their expectation of privacy was to be only academic related. As in at school. Or a program used for at home academics. Well the principle had web cams to see people, undressing and whatever. The software allowed this to happen, even if windows had this webcam feature turned off.

You know the drill, you are the likely at the schizophrenic level as opposed to OPs post, right?

Person was likely concerned more-so about software that could be open without users knowledge.
>>
Hedda Dozzleville - Sat, 08 Jun 2019 05:34:35 EST ZFv7na90 No.46416 Reply
>>46413
Surely you know the album cover by default? Dork, person is not remotely schizophrenic, if he/she were, would one not be a bit more considerate?
I am an ass, what are your basic ongoing issues.
>>
Lydia Dartwell - Mon, 22 Jul 2019 01:08:13 EST sWjOdEuv No.46435 Reply
>>46399
If you like the idea of home schooling, then by all means do so. They aren't asking
you to film your house. Just make it so you and your webcam are conversing.

Surely the instructor would like yo converse with their students. There is online psychiatry that needs the client to actually appear in real time. The school must be approved and likely licensed to use remote teaching.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.