Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Immigration to US Queries

- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 13:55:19 EST FTh7oyI7 No.46429
File: 1563386119751.jpg -(41445B / 40.47KB, 621x414) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Immigration to US Queries
I live in the UK, I'm currently studying my PhD with the intention of getting a research job in the US. I've looked into H1-B/EB2 visas for "Advanced Degree holders" but I've a few questions.

I have a conviction in 2014 for possession of a few ecstasy pills, now considered "spent" here in the UK which means it no longer comes up in background checks. I'm aware that when applying for a visa - and then subsequently a green card - you have to get a UK police certificate which shows your entire conviction history as the US does not consider the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. This means that my conviction from 2014 would show up in my application.

Now what I was wondering is, how do I get around this? Do I necessarily have to supply a police certificate for H1-B/EB2 visas or is it only for direct green card applications? Is it possible that I could apply for a visa, work for a few years and then apply for the green card whilst IN the US.

I'm aware that for travelling, if you just don't answer the "moral turpitude" question on the visa application, they're unlikely to investigate further but green cards are, of course, more stringent. I saw that there were no waivers for drugs convictions aside from small weed possession so what I'm wondering is, is there absolutely any chance of immigrating to the US and to somehow circumvent this or am I basically screwed for that?
>>
Basil Hopperworth - Wed, 17 Jul 2019 14:02:57 EST FTh7oyI7 No.46430 Reply
>>46429

To clarify, I only received a £250 fine for the possession here and nothing more, so I was wondering also if that affected anything
>>
Lydia Dartwell - Mon, 22 Jul 2019 01:13:50 EST sWjOdEuv No.46436 Reply
>>46429
Most likely they will ask if you have ever been arrested. Simple as that. If it cannot show up in any background check of an actual conviction I would say no real reason to fret. But they may ask if you have ever been convicted. There are likely immigration groups that can offer help for no charge where you are.

That would know exactly what can and cannot be asked of you.
>>
Ian Sillyshaw - Sat, 10 Aug 2019 17:48:35 EST t4wwCmCd No.46449 Reply
>>46436

I think for UK, you need to supply an ACRO document for immigration which shows any history of conviction.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.