Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Advertisement of Rental Property = Termination of Lease?

- Wed, 24 Jun 2020 10:18:46 EST itIffVZP No.46639
File: 1593008326573.jpg -(8705B / 8.50KB, 272x185) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Advertisement of Rental Property = Termination of Lease?
Hello /law/, glad to see this board is still somewhat active. Long story short, I fucked up and didn't realize there was an automatic renewal clause in my lease, and failed to provide the notification of intent to vacate in the time period. Management said they would do some 'leg work', and I saw yesterday that the apartment is listed as available for lease in early July (lease was until end of June). If they advertise this, does this mean I am free from my obligation? State is Maryland btw.

Thanks!
>>
James Wirringhood - Wed, 24 Jun 2020 17:56:21 EST oJ/g39/x No.46640 Reply
No. Do you still have to pay if they find a renter on July 1? Probably, but that's worth looking into.
>>
Walter Chazzlelat - Wed, 24 Jun 2020 22:11:30 EST itIffVZP No.46642 Reply
>>46640
Thanks for the insight.

Ok, how about this: In the state of Maryland it explicitly says in the annotated code for an automatic renewal to be enforceable it must be initialized or signed under the clause itself. My lease only had initials at the bottom of each page, and there are three separate clauses on the page of the automatic renewal clause. However, there is a section at the bottom of the lease before the final signature that points out the automatic renewal clause. Do you think it's worth consulting an attorney for this?
>>
Martha Crurryson - Thu, 02 Jul 2020 10:52:41 EST WznYw1+o No.46648 Reply
>>46642
have you tried asking them to be pragmatic? sometimes it works i know i'm as surprised as you are

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.