420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
publishing my book by fitmis - Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:32:06 EST ID:J4yNpbPa No.68980 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1484065926450.jpg -(116752B / 114.02KB, 660x330) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 116752
i am a student , who is currently doings bachelor's in comp. science, and in desperate need of money. . . .
i have written a book on c prog lang of 600 pages. .. . .
and acvording to me my books is far better than those in the market. . . .
how can i publish it in a way that i get a percent of money that is totally earned by the publication. . . .
open to any suggestion
FYI i don't know anything about profiting or publishing a book . . .
just C
>>
John Pommledale - Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:56:19 EST ID:iRjKqKT1 No.68981 Report Quick Reply
>>68980
I have heard that self publishing on Amazon is extremely lucrative if you have a non-fiction work better than those currently in the market.

If you write fiction, you should find a real publisher, but I have heard only good things about self-publishing textbooks and instruction manuals if you have more comprehensive info than anybody else is putting out.

If you have your own website you want to sell from, use Create Space to make physical copies. If you don;t want to do the distribution, sign up with Amazon. They will ship the books ordered and also offer an e-book edition.
>>
Wesley Menderstone - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 01:07:44 EST ID:F4/G8Wqg No.68983 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>68980

The only issue i can think of is that you might need some editing before publication and or someone to proofread it. if you have had it both proofread and looked over by an editor then go ahead and self publish, im sure you could hire someone to do this for you.

Otherwise, find out who publishes programming textbooks and approach them, maybe they will buy it from you for a couple of grand and give you some of the royalties or something?

I know a few people that have sold their books on amazon as digital downloads, their book just gets lost in the nether because they dont promote their work and neither does anybody else, so if you do that, make sure you go around to all the programming communities and spruik your work, you might make an easy $50 or something depending on your pricing.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.