Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Heroic Poems

- Mon, 18 Mar 2019 13:21:00 EST tw2BMDH/ No.70471
File: 1552929660763.jpg -(124567B / 121.65KB, 661x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Heroic Poems
I recently bought a book of translations of Old English poetry and am enjoying it a lot. I used to read a lot of REH as a kid (Conan, kull, Solomon) and a lot of the poetry in this collection reminds me of the heroic adventure type poetry that REH wrote.

Do you guys know of any recommendations for other poetry along these lines? Narrative poems that deal with battles, traveling, exotic lands, etc. I'm mostly familiar with the epics like Homer, Gilgamesh, Beowulf, Theogony, etc but I'm looking for poems that are more in the shorter formats.
>>
Ian Bengershit - Sat, 30 Mar 2019 01:34:57 EST k9TAbtTt No.70501 Reply
1553924097175.jpg -(92202B / 90.04KB, 1050x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>70471
Can't think of any poetry, but Native American mythology are great stories. They too are spoken word translated into the written medium -- retold. I wonder where to start to find poetry that matches your description?
>>
Lillian Drullerdock - Fri, 05 Apr 2019 02:54:40 EST k9TAbtTt No.70510 Reply
1554447280334.jpg -(1815270B / 1.73MB, 2123x2560) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>70471
Here's one OP: Winter Rose

"The rains began.
Hard, constant, they battered the fields, turned the roads to mud, crushed the gold leaves into the ground and turned them black. In the wood, the sodden trees and brambles bowed beneath the torrents. Leaves fell, clung limply to vines and wildflowers, slowly buried them beneath their sodden weight. Work in the fields, on Lynn Hall, stopped, though I heard him hammering inside, the time or two I ventured into the wood. I went to the well once: the rain-kissed water gave me nothing, not even my reflection. Another time, near evening, when the rains had grown gentle, drops flecking the air like tiny fireflies, I went to gather the last of the crab apples for Beda. So i told myself: I had to pass the ruined hall to reach the tree. Smoke came out of a chimney, smelling sweetly of birch and maple. Crispin had brought him a wagonload of seasoned wood. I did not see him.

Most of the time, I stayed in the house, sewing beside Laurel, or watching the rain. I had frightened myself in the wood: I did not know, anymore, what was true. If I had invented a world that none of us lived in, then the true world was Laurel's, predictable, dependable, with no secrets and no stray midnight gold that turned to leaf by morning. Corbet Lynn had not walked out of light, but had ridden a horse into the village;Laurel loved Perrin as always, and I wanted them there. I made myself teas of camomile and vervain to soothe my thoughts, and watched Laurel move calmly through her world. She never paced, or pulled a window open to feel the rain, the wind; she never moved without grace or purpose. She never went barefoot.

So I wore shoes and braided my hair, and made lace for her wedding dress, as if I sewed time and promises into each airy loop and every inch of it bound Laurel more securely..."
>>
George Gomblehall - Wed, 10 Apr 2019 14:17:28 EST k9TAbtTt No.70515 Reply
1554920248622.jpg -(123124B / 120.24KB, 900x603) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Noticed the book "The Long Take" by Robert Robertson is a story in a poem format, rather than Winter Rose in prose.
>>
Edward Mecklewater - Fri, 24 May 2019 03:14:42 EST Fi7XA4O6 No.70652 Reply
My cock is shining like an rainbow into your eyes.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.