Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

On Tolkien

- Tue, 07 Jan 2020 07:06:41 EST 7afg1Q3I No.71262
File: 1578398801747.jpg -(174951B / 170.85KB, 900x1266) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. On Tolkien
>J. R. R. Tolkien was a fat and an enthusiastic pothead. His stories were created around the simple Freytag's pyramid (Tolkien barely knew the basics of exposition) and dialogue was composed of few clever jokes or songs that were thought up during his "blaze".

>LoTR would not enjoy any mainstream popularity had not there been a constant herd of competent writers around Tolkien, to repair the books into a publishable condition. J. R. R. was constantly shitfaced but his only way to deal with the matter was to twist the jokes about the addiction because he simply couldn't admit the problems with his lifestyle. After all, the only merit of this "greatest author on earth" is how many Elvish songs he could write about being high.
>>
William Wepperlotch - Tue, 07 Jan 2020 07:14:36 EST mOFJcjms No.71263 Reply
1578399276314.jpg -(15741B / 15.37KB, 300x301) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>Tolkien in his death still working asshurt fantasy writers into a seething shoot because they couldn't come up with their "original" ideas first
How can one man be this based
>>
Basil Drapperlare - Tue, 07 Jan 2020 10:13:56 EST ylxQEmun No.71264 Reply
>a constant herd of competent writers around Tolkien
Without looking them up, name three. How many have you read?
C.S. Lewis doesn't count as he's a shitty writer.

I don't care for Tolkein's work I just don't think the other inklings were any better.
>>
Charles Sambleworth - Mon, 17 Feb 2020 22:08:56 EST LlaeQnsq No.71326 Reply
>>71262
who cares, if it's enjoyable to read.

sure, some of the fanbase put Tolkien on a pedestal, but frankly I couldn't care less about the authenticity of his stories. I don't care if the author I'm reading is a hack, as long as it's entertaining.

So I guess you have a point, and there are some people out there who need to hear it, but I don't think it's as important as you think it is. Tolkien is best read as a series of historical accounts, anyways.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.