Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

love for xenogenesis

- Wed, 30 Sep 2020 10:04:48 EST kuG2cWXH No.71568
File: 1601474688399.jpg -(605120B / 590.94KB, 1280x1692) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. love for xenogenesis
octavia butler doesn't get enough love these days, probably because her brand of sci fi isn't ''ooh spooky ai power brains, how will we puny hoomans survive''

her later books can really take you places and fuxk with ur ideas about biology, evolution, gender, sexuality, to such a fundamental without relying on digital tech

she goes places in terms of individual and communal emotional psychology that liu cixin or zachary mason couldn't consider in their wildest dreams

lovecraft, if he had actually lived out his later renunciation of his terrible politics, would have seen her as engaging with 'the other' the same way he did, only that she wasn't petrified by it but was creative and inspired enough to really go all in and engage with it
>>
Priscilla Crushstone - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 03:34:36 EST NGoSCGDt No.71715 Reply
1627716876875.jpg -(61542B / 60.10KB, 850x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
The Parable of the Sower and the Parable of the Talents have been feeling eerily prescient of late. Highly recommended reading.

Bloodchild, and Amnesty are some of my favorite portrayals of truly alien interspecies relations. Perhaps the most realistic sci-fi aliens i've encountered that don't just feel like 'star trek' guy-in-a-rubber-mask-type aliens, or "omg totally unfathomable gods".

Wild Seed is maybe one of my favorite books; i don't care that much for the sequels; but the dynamic between the main character is just so compelling.
>>
Betsy Chillyket - Fri, 03 Sep 2021 14:07:11 EST iri/kSDG No.71722 Reply
>>71715
That's stupid. God is God and change is change. And Truth is Truth.
>>
Polly Carryduck - Wed, 08 Sep 2021 01:18:03 EST 9U7UKhnY No.71725 Reply
1631078283689.jpg -(209186B / 204.28KB, 600x1800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I enjoy her works, but I don't leave with a sense of profoundness, though in a way her being able to communicate ideas subtly through the story is also a strength. I'm approach her work already accepting the idea and possibility of an inbetween gender which involves a profound sensual experience of procreation of a new species of being, sort-of.

Also "Dhalgren" by Samuel R Delany, but don't expect the above, its good in its own way.
>>
Jenny Buzzfoot - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 23:30:57 EST 4ggUfFHL No.71730 Reply
Xenogenesis is incredible. Even just the concept of the narrative is so unique and somehow an ever present threat that could occur. The aliens actually have a true need to traverse the vast expanse of space. The fact that her protagonists show their strength through compromise and survive not through overpowering their enemies. It’s humbling and empowering at the same time.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.