Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Parallel universes thread

- Wed, 06 Apr 2022 18:04:43 EST PDPxfaHv No.71806
File: 1649282683588.jpg -(3407305B / 3.25MB, 4160x3120) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Parallel universes thread
In Doug Stanhope's second memoir, he says that Daniel Tosh's massive popularity was deliberately engineered by him and Mitch Hedberg at a comedy festival, where they chose a small time guy to target in meltdowns in front of big industry people since they were both aware of their own popularity, essentially the implication is that they made him really famous as a prank. What that makes me realize is that in the parallel universe where Hedberg didn't die, it was he who had the Comedy Central web commentary show, and in that universe Mitch made so many universally applicable one-liners in commentary of clips, that the show was more commonly quoted than Chappelle's.
>>
Hugh Lightshit - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 03:43:39 EST Z8jNd3nA No.71808 Reply
nobody quotes chappelle's show and tosh isn't remotely funny, even as a bear
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Nell Pittford - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 18:49:46 EST VR/8L9Vz No.71809 Reply
>>71808
Maybe not anymore but when it came out lots of people did and then it would have its spurts of being really popular again, mainly because of the pilot sketch. It's really surprising that the show got as huge as it did now that I've watched the Chris Rock Show this week and now know that a lot of the time Dave was trying his best to work off of those premises without seeming like he was ripping that show off outright. There is a lot of originality to Chappelle's Show but there's also a lot of derivative and half baked ideas and you can really tell with a few sketches that Dave wants to come up with something like the hidden cam comic posing as a drunk taxi driver from Chris's show

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.