Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 10)

Now Playing on /m/tube -

Headphones Ignore Report Reply
Esther Turveybanks - Sun, 25 Nov 2018 13:00:02 EST ID:IyOONG8W No.454464
File: 1543168802970.jpg -(93019B / 90.84KB, 1200x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 93019
Can we have a headphone thread in here?

I have always been very interested in headphones, but am not a true audiophile (don't understand all the science/technical details). Have had Pic related (Sony mdr xb950bt) for a while and love them as they outperform all previous headphones I've had. With the power Amp player on Android equalized correctly they sound great. I'm sure some people on here know more about headphones though. General discussion for headphones, what do you have, what have you tried, what is your advise to people looking for new headphones?

I'm generally interested in what's the best budget option for a good pair of hi-fi headphones that can be loud and have good bass. What really sets these Sonys apart is the bass, they pound so good.
>>
Eliza Nicklefuck - Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:01:06 EST ID:82zFOQ4c No.454469 Ignore Report Reply
Never tried your headphones, but I have had Audio Technica ATH-M50's and JVC HARX700's. Surprisingly, the HARX700's are my favorite of the two. They're only like $30-$50 depending on where you shop. The M50's were over $100 when I got them. What I like about the HARX700's is the amount of "space" they give the sound, whereas the M50's are crisp but almost abrasively bright, and they clamp my head like a fucking vice.
>>
Eliza Nicklefuck - Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:13:24 EST ID:82zFOQ4c No.454470 Ignore Report Reply
>>454469
To make this relevant to you, it's possible that if you got a pair of wired headphones you could pay a lot less than what you paid for your Sony's and still get better audio quality. Of course wireless usually gets marked up quite a bit. Also, most "audiophiles" avoid headphones that boost bass. Headphones with a more balanced sound across the board are where it's at.
>>
James Dassleluck - Sun, 25 Nov 2018 23:37:02 EST ID:vRXychlK No.454471 Ignore Report Reply
>>454469
ATH-M50s/M50xs are hands down the most overrated headphone on the planet. It's not that they're too bright, rather, the soundstage is so narrow it sounds like all the sounds are jackhammering your eardrums at once and they're incredibly fatiguing to listen to for more than 15 minutes. Listening to them is like giving a jack russell terrier cocaine.
>>
Rebecca Blatherbury - Mon, 26 Nov 2018 04:06:38 EST ID:5Nlc3HVi No.454472 Ignore Report Reply
>>454464

I had the Audio Technica ATH-FC707 for a long time. I liked that they were compact, but the build was meant to break, as it was thin.

My next purchase (about a year ago) were the Audio Technica ATH-M40x. Cost me around 109 euros. They will last me for atleast 5 years. I only use them at work, honestly. I chose them over the M50s because (correct me if I'm wrong) the M50s have a "modified" sound (boosted bass / highs). Also the M50s cost like 60 euros more, fuck that. I don't want any of that shit, I want clear, crisp, the-way-it's-meant-to-sound sound. Also they come with a corded cable, so if you pull on it by accident it'll just stretch out. I'm pretty happy with them.

I'd like to get new compact headphones, tho. Maybe even in-ears for travelling, but my route is mainly home-work by car, so whatever.
>>
Martin Geffingmadge - Tue, 27 Nov 2018 10:33:10 EST ID:ayLg79yp No.454476 Ignore Report Reply
>>454470
I generally agree on wireless, but I paid $50 for these and they are truly amazing for that price. Sound much better than my wired Sennheisers. And wireless is very convenient for my use, they're always around my neck and I go to school, work, and walk around town. Wires are a pain for that

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.