Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord #Drugs Channel Now Open

Now Playing on /m/tube -

Recent Purchases / General Collection Thread

!cyBOrG7t12 - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 20:01:07 EST 8fASyB+q No.454016
File: 1534896067263.jpg -(3580027B / 3.41MB, 4032x3024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Recent Purchases / General Collection Thread
The 8 hour 12xLP box set has finally arrived. This will probably forever be the best thing in my collection. Did anyone else get this and how is the condition? Some people had warped sleeves or missing vinyls. Mine all seems good physically, don't know if there are any audio fuckups on it though.

And on a non Autechre note, anyone purchase anything else interesting recently or just feel like showing off their collection?
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 20:02:20 EST 8fASyB+q No.454017 Reply
1534896140801.jpg -(3965011B / 3.78MB, 4032x3024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DISKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Cornelius Chirringben - Wed, 22 Aug 2018 09:56:12 EST ZIyWXxI5 No.454018 Reply
1534946172722.png -(2589769B / 2.47MB, 1280x1056) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>454016

Autechre! nice.

Ive been waiting for a moment to post my Post Beatles Paul McCartney collection! (i hope i dont ruin your thread.)

Im not missing too much, i recently picked up Thrillington, (as some of his more obscure albums are being re-released).
>>
Hugh Gaddledale - Wed, 22 Aug 2018 16:09:41 EST 59tLNgeW No.454019 Reply
They just say that because they want you to open package so the value drop by 50% or more. Blame the scalpers not me.
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Wed, 22 Aug 2018 20:54:27 EST MBnfUHmV No.454020 Reply
>>454018
Nice. I have never listened to his solo stuff tbh. Although I never got very into the Beatles either I suppose. And no you can't ruin this thread, by nature it's all about showing shit off.

>>454019
Lol I did consider that at first but then I was like oh fuck it this is Autechre, I'm never selling this but I sure am gonna play it. Also the main packaging is so satisfyingly dense and sturdy, I just love it.
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Thu, 23 Aug 2018 10:18:56 EST pQ+yeE94 No.454023 Reply
>>454018
Also was it stupid expensive to get an almost complete collection of that? I never run into any good deals for any of the artists I want a complete collection of. Like Autechre albums are super pricy, or Zappa albums are decent but there are so damn many.
>>
Clara Mipperhod - Fri, 24 Aug 2018 09:42:18 EST ZIyWXxI5 No.454024 Reply
1535118138622.jpg -(328151B / 320.46KB, 1600x1067) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>454023

Honestly, not really. i bought them over time so it never really set in how much everything cost, but i guess i spent about $300-$350? it is Paul McCartney so his records are pretty common.
Some of the records i have are repressed on 180g like band on the run, thrillington and ram. I have first UK pressings of McCartney II, Wings over america and Venus and mars. I only buy clean records (not so much cover condition more about the innerds) so most of the records i have cost me about $15.

Thrillington cost me $50 (AUD) and i only spent that assuming that its not going to be popular enough to do too man of them.
Before they began repressing it Thrillington was a $100-$200 record because the only indication that its a paul mccartney record is it has his face as a reflection on the back and that they are all jazz interpretations of ram, so the run was incredibly short... and its a jazz record.

I could never even imagine owning an Autechre record collection, although i'd be happy to get something.

Anyways here are some of my rarer records if you're interested? maybe show me some more of your collection?

I used to be a huge tycho fan, i even have the science of patterns on cd somewhere. So the Dive is the deluxe version and the thing in the white sleeve is the past is prologue sampler (purple record)
I have pretty much all his physical records except for his other singles and his latest album. i have awake in beige?
the two odd ones are aussie hip hop records by this guy called hunter used to be a fan when he was alive (still am i guess) his records shot up in price once he died.
the syd barrett record isnt that rare but its something off the beaten track.
the Com Truise record is apparently rare? it the original pressing, he has become super popular since i bought it. decent record still love to listen to it.

Anyways show me more of what you have!
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Fri, 24 Aug 2018 23:14:12 EST 8fASyB+q No.454028 Reply
1535166852399.jpg -(3792787B / 3.62MB, 3024x4032) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>454024
That's not bad. Most of the Autechre LPs I come across that are in good condition are like 100 + dollars and I am not rich. It sucks because if I ever wanted to specifically complete a collection of a particular artist, it would be Autechre. Of course that is usually for factory sealed or near mint versions, and it's not the sort of thing I just run into in the record stores in my area either. Zappa would be nice too. Both have such a deep world of sound to dive into as well as fantastic variety. I typically only get something on vinyl if it's something I super especially like though. Com Truise is pretty awesome and there are probably a couple I'd like to own. One thing that's weird is I love Pink Floyd but most of the Syd Barret stuff never actually satisfied me. It's not that it's bad it's just that I never really got any feeling from his stuff and I almost feel bad about that lol. I don't know, it's been years since I've even heard it so maybe I'd appreciate some of it now. But I suppose I tend to listen to music more for its sound than music with lyrical content, and Pink Floyd definitely got more interesting sound-wise after the Barrett years imo.

I did get the repress bundle of Autechre's first 3 LPs that Warp released a year or two ago. I've also got a copy of Draft 7.30 that I bought from Discogs because that album has one of my favorite songs of all time (surripere). I've also got the classic Brain Salad Surgery with the Giger art. Giger was fuckin awesome, man. A few other favorites are The Fragile Deviations by NIN, which is an instrumental version of The Fragile plus a bunch of extra recordings never put on the original. There's Dynamics / The Planets by Dom & Roland, just some random drum n bass from the 90's but The Planets was always an impressive track to me because of the drums. Working With Sound by Hive which is one of my favorite 90's downtempo / trip hop sort of albums. I've got the Earthworm Jim soundtrack, Rain Temple by 2814 which my old roommate got me for my birthday one year. And another absolute favorite is this 7" vinyl by Toy which has Rabbit Pushing Mower on it and some other track I forgot. It's a nice little bright orange disk.
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Fri, 24 Aug 2018 23:17:15 EST 8fASyB+q No.454030 Reply
1535167035674.jpg -(3550048B / 3.39MB, 4032x3024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>454028
Also have a few vaporwave cassettes, and a couple cassettes from 420chan /m/usicians like Big River Dream and _whtspce. And there's this glorious noise album on mini CD, Hey Babe, Let Me See Your USB And I'll Show You My Firewire, by Massimo. The cover art is great.
>>
George Sullywotch - Sat, 25 Aug 2018 07:56:38 EST ZIyWXxI5 No.454034 Reply
1535198198705.jpg -(376822B / 367.99KB, 1200x995) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>454028
>>454030

Well colour me even more jealous!

Didnt expect emerson lake and palmer though. Giger was and amazing artist.
I have a few cassettes from local bands, i dont have a cassette player though so i never really go out of my way to get them i mostly buy them to help the band out monetarily.
Ive never heard of Massimo or Hive before so ill check them out.
Zappa would be so difficult to get a complete collection of.

I like to think there is three pink floyds. pink floyd when syd was in the band was a totally different thing without him, and then punk floyd is something totally different without waters.

I think the cool thing about contemporary society is we can listen to an album before we decide to actually purchase it. like i didnt buy any wings records until i heard band on the run ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOIBvvcG5Vo ) then from there i kept liking the albums and then i just kept buying them.
Im pretty poor most of the time so i cant always get the best quality stuff but here is some more of my collection.
I would say im probably closer to a complete pink floyd collection too. my dark side of the moon is absolute trash though, i need to jetison it. i bought it before they began repressing it.
Here are some more random things. i have a 7inch Alan Parsons record that has been signed... wasnt worth it at all but i got it when i was on a huge alan parsons binge.
Blue Brothers was one of the first records i ever bought and probably one of the best records ive ever bought. Admittedly i bought the Santana album purely because the artwork was done by Robert Venosa, but the album actually has some good songs on it.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.