Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /m/tube -

Music streaming is bullshit

- Sun, 11 Aug 2019 20:51:50 EST R3KZddTn No.455345
File: 1565571110226.jpg -(13161B / 12.85KB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Music streaming is bullshit
So how to fix it? What if we create a multicasting network that works exactly like broadcast radio, except instead of IP addresses, we have virtual frequencies? We then give people a randomized name like the old stations, hook it up everywhere, and make it the standardized way to broadcast music. It's like the old radio model on the new streaming model except it's multicast, so no custom streams, and that's the point. When things are algorithmically engineered the way they think you want, you get pidgeonholed and stagnated into the musical hole that they think they can use to make money off of you.

If we do it this way, you can still have custom private streams like Spotify, but we essentially revive the old-school radio network and expand it to make advertisers have to compete for popular stations instead of having stations have to suck the dick of advertisers just to make ends meet.
>>
Jarvis Drumbledale - Mon, 12 Aug 2019 02:26:10 EST HZUcm5oB No.455352 Reply
I'm down for that.
I live live radio and the feeling of connection it gives me to other people and the hosts.
I would LOVE to be an internet radio host, I used to make mixtapes on my boombox and daydream that I was playing them for a live audience over FM.
We can do this with shoutcast and similar technology, the only barrier is bandwidth ... I have a really nice connection but my upload speed is garbage (1mb/s).
>>
Jarvis Drumbledale - Mon, 12 Aug 2019 02:27:07 EST HZUcm5oB No.455353 Reply
No fuck advertisers lets just bring back radiostations in the digital age
>>
Wesley Gellyworth - Mon, 12 Aug 2019 22:10:21 EST 9RtL9vxW No.455361 Reply
>>455345
>What if we create a multicasting network that works exactly like broadcast radio
I think you should make this thread in /prog/ or at least /tech/

afik multicast routing is not available for any pleb over the regular Internet. Tech giants use it over their own network to distribute content across their own networks.
Multicast routing is an incredible DDOS vector so in order for you to use it you have to own the network.
If you really want to do it you may try contacting a community mesh network in your area.
>>
David Herryhall - Tue, 27 Aug 2019 17:10:40 EST vq0qS9I6 No.455482 Reply
you're absolutely right, I thought it was the future, I drank the koolaid, convenient and you discover so much new music i thought, but now in the past couple months a dozen or so bands I really like got taken off streaming services because of licensing bullshit

and the irony that latest one was Gang of fucking Four is palpable, fuck those sell-outs

holy shit fuck streaming I'm done, back to private trackers for me, idk where to even start since I haven't done this shit since what.cd days but god damn I'm buying a 10 terabyte hard drive and starting immediately, they almost got me to obey the law for convenience's sake but then they went and ruined it

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.