Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Now Playing on /m/tube -

I quit Guitar!

- Sun, 08 Sep 2019 04:02:46 EST SfY6n/VB No.455536
File: 1567929766992.png -(16480B / 16.09KB, 634x571) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. I quit Guitar!
I officially quit trying to learn guitar.

After 9 years of trying, really trying, I finally got fed up, I did the only thing my hands are good for...

I punched a hole into my guitar.
And now i'm leaving it by the curb. It's still playable, it just has a fist-hole in it.

Fuck trying to learn music. I'm only good at bashing things.
>>
Betsy Mattingman - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 04:06:36 EST e4WDk0ur No.455537 Reply
keep trying OP don't give up on your dreams even the mentally retarded can learn to play an instrument (it's true just look it up.) but if you do give up just download LMMS or torrent fruityloops and get some acoustic guitar VST's and make music that way! Don't give up on your dreams!
>>
William Crummergold - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 04:16:02 EST SfY6n/VB No.455538 Reply
>>455537
Well, my hands are the ones who are stupid, all my fingers work in unison, always.
I can't do music, I can't even bash a drum right. I lost my singing voice from disuse.

I'm done, and with that, I feel like part of my heart died, like a punched a hole in it....

Ow, my hand is bleeding...
>>
Betsy Mattingman - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 04:31:42 EST e4WDk0ur No.455539 Reply
>>455538
OP, I'm going to share a secret with you that people in the audio/music community don't want anyone to know, they could even make me disappear for saying this but most musicians don't know the complex workings of things like "Music theory" (AKA bullshit) or "Riffs" and other abstract concepts like that, the truth is most musicians just pluck strings, randomly beat drums and push keys on a keyboard untill they hear a good rhythm or part of a tune they like and then just remember it from memory or write down what string they used and how long to set that VST retro game sound file #3 on the DAW line. No one truly knows what their doing in this hobby/industry. Don't believe me? Well let me ask you this, have you ever wondered why Metallica's SAINT ANGER turned out the way it did? Exactly. Just keep trying, practicing and experimenting and eventually you'll get the hang of it OP, just don't give up!
>>
Cornelius Firringgold - Mon, 09 Sep 2019 04:39:00 EST yWvP55ej No.455541 Reply
>>455539
Music theory isn't bullshit. It is actually really useful if you understand it and put it into use. It also builds an incredible amount of music you hear on the radio and such. We've determined how to make the most generic and catchy music that appeals to the lowest common denominator to make the most money. Music theory allows us to do this.

But I do agree with your other point, I've written a lot of music on a lot of different instruments and it really is just working on something endlessly and rejecting what displeases me and accepting what I like. I best heard it described as an endless suicide where you destroy what is in front of you and allow only the greatness to shine through. If you are a good artist that is.

I've had entire songs come together in literally a few hours. Others I've spent months upon months refining to end up just trashing it anyways or forgetting it by being distracted by other shit.
>>
AC !QqL8nX9URE - Mon, 09 Sep 2019 19:10:29 EST C85r8fP8 No.455543 Reply
Learn the Pentatoic major and Minor chords and just go solo apeshit on them.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.