Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /m/tube -

Not getting it done.

- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 00:07:13 EST 6FD1tcde No.455572
File: 1568606833646.jpg -(2240965B / 2.14MB, 6000x4000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Not getting it done.
So I just spent the last few hours emptying my old tracks from my loopers into my laptop, started organizing the files, and updated the firmware on my loopers so I could actually make some new music like I wanted. But now I'm sitting on here instead of actually doing it.

Discipline and creativity are two integral parts to making art, but at times they seem to be standing in direct opposition to each other. So I was wondering how you guys merge these two seemingly foreign (to each other anyways) concepts and what strategies do you use to get over that hill of procrastination that happens between you wanting to create, and actually getting off your ass to do it.

>pic related, it's half of my super loop rig (well the picture isn't one I took of my actual looper but it's the model I have)
>>
Cedric Clattingback - Mon, 16 Sep 2019 03:28:18 EST dQNVPIoy No.455573 Reply
by not approaching it as a "job" it is something you want' to do not have' to do
>>
Clara Smalldale - Tue, 24 Sep 2019 18:37:50 EST 6FD1tcde No.455606 Reply
>>455573
>it is something you want' to do not have' to do

That is not true my friend. There is a fragment of the ineffable inside me and I can only begin to express it through a series of sound and light that I am not quite skilled enough to make, yet. I do have to do this. I'll get there someday, I just gotta keep up with practice. Sometimes I get distracted talking to y'all beautiful people around here when I should be practicing my shit.

I mostly meant it as a general music related procrastination thread though, I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets distracted when working on a track.
>>
AC !QqL8nX9URE - Wed, 25 Sep 2019 18:17:34 EST C85r8fP8 No.455609 Reply
>>455606
I haves about 300 loops ive made, and only about 40 tracks, with maybe 5 mixed to master?

I just get distracted by fucking with other stuff in my DAW
>>
Simon Trotdock - Thu, 26 Sep 2019 01:47:21 EST 6FD1tcde No.455610 Reply
>>455609
I'm sitting at 200 right now with maybe about 25 tracks, and 6 or 7 mixed to master. I recently got some new equipment to so I've been learning the ins and outs of that instead of creating things I want to save, but I think it's time to get back to recording real stuff. My last loop felt really good and it's been a minute since that happened.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.