Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Is there an easy way to learn math?

- Wed, 10 Dec 2014 18:07:16 EST OMni8G61 No.14510
File: 1418252836985.jpg -(2385910B / 2.28MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Is there an easy way to learn math?
23 year old male going back to college, here.

I will be attending college very soon, but the thing is, I struggle with mathematics, horribly. Even pre-algebra is an issue for me, sadly, and I really, really want to change this. My entire future depends upon it.

I don't know how to describe my issue with mathematics.. I try very hard to comprehend the concepts that escape me, but it's like no matter how hard I try and focus, I simply cannot grasp certain concepts.

Does /math/ have any easy learning tips, or any online resources to recommend me? Thank you very much in advance.
>>
Isabella Turveywell - Mon, 15 Dec 2014 15:49:46 EST I7kVXtAY No.14527 Reply
Hi. I would suggest it, too.
Hopefully you will start next fall, or else it will be very futile.
That's why I want to drop out and try a trade and pay back my debts, learn enough and then get back.
How can something soo difficult be soooo desirable?
>>
Phineas Tootlock - Tue, 16 Dec 2014 13:19:18 EST +c74Tbl7 No.14532 Reply
>>14510
Hey OP, I too struggled with math when I first started college, high school was a joke to me, I didn't take pre-calc, instead we had "accounting" which is a nice way of saying "basic math" lol. It was basic addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication and that was it. Needless to say math got fuckin hard when I got to college and physics was a bitch (uses a lot of math.) My best advice is to start at the beginning and work your way up. I didn't really understand the basics at first and that fucked me up in a few classes where the professor expected us to already understand the basics from high school classes. Khanacademy is an awesome site to learn on and youtube has a ton of videos that are useful (they'll show you how to work the problems step by step).

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.