Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

MDMA on SSRIs

- Fri, 05 Apr 2019 22:01:26 EST YKlwi2np No.226832
File: 1554516086922.jpg -(39846B / 38.91KB, 500x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. MDMA on SSRIs
So i take lexapro 10mg every day, as well as buspar 20mg daily
I know you are NOT supposed to take mdma with ssris and it will give you bad serotonin syndrome.

Can this simply be avoid by not taking my lexapro that day? or should i stop taking it like 2 or 3 days before??

I dont do E that often like i do other drugs, its my favorite high of all time. and its always like a special treat to me. and i never do it all the time because i dont want it to lose its magic for me ever.

Help a bro out

pic unrelated
>>
Simon Nickleville - Sat, 06 Apr 2019 06:07:12 EST 2LCvYhCE No.226833 Reply
Don't fuck with your medication like that. Just stay on it and find something else to do.
>>
Caroline Decklehall - Sat, 13 Apr 2019 01:30:55 EST XVnOuREd No.226840 Reply
1555133455896.jpg -(5804B / 5.67KB, 164x199) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>226832
>its always like a special treat to me. and i never do it all the time because i dont want it to lose its magic
then:

>>226833
>>
Caroline Decklehall - Sat, 13 Apr 2019 01:32:13 EST XVnOuREd No.226841 Reply
>>226840
or better yet taper off your SSRIs in favor or natural treatments until you feel comfy and then take MDMA
>>
Charles Drunnerwater - Thu, 18 Apr 2019 23:32:17 EST cca2Ck2X No.226855 Reply
In my experience with SSRI's (not lexapro however) you just don't roll or feel the MDMA at all. Even stopping a day or two before, although I was on pretty high doses of SSRIs. I now take no SSRI or any psych meds and I'm doing good and if I feel like rolling I can. Getting off high doses of SSRI was hell though, be careful if the doc keeps tells you to keep upping the dose
>>
Phoebe Brovingshaw - Wed, 01 May 2019 09:17:22 EST MW3ufzBD No.226875 Reply
1556716642547.gif -(1023994B / 999.99KB, 400x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>I know you are NOT supposed to take mdma with ssris and it will give you bad serotonin syndrome.

this is a reason but it's not THE reason. the reason is that mdma doesn't work when you take SSRIs.

I'll simplify this but the following explanation is correct the way i have written it: SSRIs work by increasing the amount of serotonin in your brain. the "rolling" of mdma is also due to more serotonin in your brain. if you take mdma while being on SSRI's, the increase in serotonin isn't very significant because your brain already has high levels of serotonin normally. as a result, only the non-serotonin effects occur, such as amphetamine stimmy effects from the dopamine and norepinephrine.

>Can this simply be avoid by not taking my lexapro that day? or should i stop taking it like 2 or 3 days before??
lexapro has a biological halflife of 27–32 hours. that means after that time, half of it has been removed from your body. it takes four to five half-lives for a drug to clear from your body (around 3% remaining). so it would take 5 days for the lexapro to clear from your bloodstream.

however, the serotonin system takes a very long time to normalize. this can be typified by the incidence of SSRI Discontinuation Syndrome lasting 2-3 weeks. serotonin concentration in the brain can take some 3 months potentially to return to baseline after mdma exposure.

we don't have great answers, but suffice to say the lexapro "no longer being in your system" after a week doesn't mean that your brain has gone back to normal. it has to downregulate serotonin transporters as it gets used to no longer having the drug.

tl;dr
you can take mdma whenever, but while your on lexapro it won't do much of anything fun. if you want to come off of it, just to roll, i wouldn't recommend it, but you'd need to wait like a month until the mdma would work properly.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.