Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

^ YOUR AD COULD BE HERE! ADVERTISE ON 420CHAN FOR ONLY $100 A MONTH! ^

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated March 20)
Hi intrustive thoughts problems by Kitty - Mon, 22 Oct 2018 16:31:28 EST ID:1jh5LPLW No.55636 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1540240288787.jpg -(82799B / 80.86KB, 900x684) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 82799
Intrusive thoughts, paxil working for me in reducing them but do you have any tips to help?

So far my depression, anxiety, fears are going away, but I need help to defuse lame memories, I heard there's new therapies but I dunno where to look.

It's good thing I forgot most of them and nothing from the 00s. Any idea how to rebuild my mind?
>>
Nigel Pimmerfad - Tue, 23 Oct 2018 15:04:53 EST ID:opFniQnJ No.55637 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1540321493382.jpg -(45933B / 44.86KB, 490x490) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>55636
I poop them away.
I believe the human pooping mechanism can release more than just digested remnants of the food I've eaten, and this is how I do it: I buy some of that edible rice paper chefs use and write the intrusive thoughts I want to get rid of (lyrics of the song stuck in my head, bullshit a passive aggressive asshole shouted at me yesterday, specific cruelty my parents inflicted on me in childhood, or I describe a certain event - the particular mean look on someone's face I didn't care for etc) in teeny tiny writing on a teeny tiny piece, then swallow it. Then I wash the thoughts down with approx half a silver ladle of 100% coconut oil. The coconut oil ensures no messages get stuck, and means I will undoubtedly poop them away very soon. Coconut oil also contains lots of beneficial nutrients and minerals.
During the day I will imagine what is happening to the tiny pieces of rice paper, eg. My stomach acid slowly dissolving it, the bacteria in my gut feasting upon on it, peristalsis smushing it to nothing.
The final part is when I get up the next morning and poop the last remaining atoms of the rice paper away. Once the poop is flushed I never think of the thoughts again.
Works every time.
Good luck.
>>
Kitty - Tue, 23 Oct 2018 17:11:03 EST ID:1jh5LPLW No.55638 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55637
Laffed tho.
>>
Phineas Dashstark - Fri, 26 Oct 2018 18:28:33 EST ID:opFniQnJ No.55641 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1540592913266.jpg -(119033B / 116.24KB, 536x702) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>55636
Have you thought about introducing him to the comfortable joys of edibles? If you cannot purchase these, you could make your own really easily. There are tons of recipes out there. Use flour, eggs, butter and a teaspoon 100% coconut oil plus a good quality cocoa powder and perhaps chocolate chips or marshmallows if you're feeling adventurous. You can even put the mixture in a cup in your microwave oven if you're super lazily high yourself, they'll be done in single digit minutes. Don't be tempted to make them TNT strength anon, despite you saying it doesn't seem to affect him. As he is naive to cannabis this certainly wouldn't be pleasant for him, and it could put him off forever/make him vomit, when it could've been beneficial. You're aiming for pain relief, not sending him into the atmosphere! Ask him how he feels and if he notices much reduction in his pain. If he's too high with little reduction it's time to stop.
Also please make him a new appointment and accompany your grandpa to his doctors. Does he make noises due to pain when moving around? Did he even complain about his back enough to them? Our older generation are brave and prefer to try to soldier on and not make a big deal sometimes, but this is counter-productive. The painkillers may not be strong enough yet as they tend to start with the weakest pain relief that will work, getting stronger until the correct level is attained. Plus the weed will only do so much anyway. You're going to need to make a bigger fuss! Tell the doctor your grandpa is getting stuck in his house, cannot do his own shopping or cleaning, cooking etc as he can't standup for long without burning pain in his back/hip which comes on quickly. Sounds awful, but they usually throw better pain meds at older people as it won't ruin their lives if they become somewhat addicted.
Don't have him running and jumping around the doctors (if ya catch my drift). Sprinkle in a few oofs, ahhs and groans here and there for bonus points, not even kidding.
Good luck
>>
Phineas Dashstark - Fri, 26 Oct 2018 18:31:25 EST ID:opFniQnJ No.55642 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55641
Sorry. This wall of text meant for another thread.
>>
Molly Snodwill - Fri, 26 Oct 2018 22:59:16 EST ID:opFniQnJ No.55645 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1540609156015.jpg -(30522B / 29.81KB, 480x853) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>55636
I decided to write again anon, incase you were disappointed I made an error with that txtwall above!
Everyone experiences ITs to some degree, including me. Most of the thoughts that stream through our mind each day are not invited, they happen, they mean nothing and we don't pay much attention. With ITs, it can feel like they have taken over. They haven't - it's part of being human. The only difference between an IT that pops into your head and then leaves, and an IT that is distressing, is how you respond to it anon!
We could have these thoughts because our mind is telling us to pay attention to something that we need to find a solution to. That's all. There could be something that requires action, a relationship problem, a life problem etc. ITs latch on to the things that are important to you. Once you realise the root of the thought anon, and begin focusing on the solution/s instead, they WILL subside. Our brains were made to bring things into our awareness, and it WILL let them go again. The important point to note is that it is not the thought that is the problem, rather the problem arises with what you do with the thought, how much you feed it. Don't feed them and give them power anon.
If you ruminate, you need to actively recognise when the thoughts are starting. As soon as you realise, immediately make an effort to take action with something that interests you. Get up, go talk to a friendly family member, indulge your hobby, read, go on YouTube a while etc. Get up and do it! You'll become much better at this with practise. The main trick is to not start dwelling or ruminating for a long time if you are prone to this and it's making you feel bad.
Before you start getting upset with yourself, you have to remember that, at the moment, you are doing the best you can with your ITs. Stay calm. Do something you enjoy doing. Work out. Plant some vegetables. Get into nature. Put the radio on a talk show/call-in, listen and do household chores. Walk your dog. By enjoying any of the above activities you will be getting back into a healthier mindset. I won't promise things will drastically improve overnight, it'll take a little bit of time.
Take the fear out of your thoughts. Having an emotional reaction to the content of your thoughts, keeps the unwanted thought alive in your mind. When you are able to let the thought come into your mind and your feelings are not affected, the thoughts start to lose their power.
Lastly, pay no attention to ITs on an evening or during the night. Our brains are fatigued from the day, and are notoriously prone to irrational thinking at these times!

Perhaps you may elaborate on the ITs you experience?
>>
Barnaby Cledgemock - Sun, 28 Oct 2018 06:14:23 EST ID:8nJV6RXS No.55647 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55636

Something new, I am thinking, ondansetron, given for usually nausea, vomiting, pregnancy morning sickness, chemo therapy felling ill. Effects brain chemistry or whatever that works on things to block feeling nauseous. Somewhere like that. Nobody wants to feel ill, it is just there sometimes.

It has been studied for alcoholism, withdrawal and keeping one from craving alcohol. Seems to keep one from obsessing, I guess, or mindset on alcohol, like going to drink. Kind of wipes those thoughts away. Those thoughts can be intrusive in a unsettling way.

So I have had serious bad intrusive thoughts, at times, just racing 100 miles an hour. Trying to sleep, not even.

Not to be too graphic but intrusive thoughts were like, death, danger, realistically it was an ongoing horror movie at times weeks on end. So sleep was a coping mechanism, at least nightmares I could get by easier with.

SO mirtazapine took over for a better even sleep. Clonazepam for day anxiety and even intrusive thoughts.

But adding ondansetron in small amounts seems to wipe away (set aside) (mix) intrusive thoughts, memories to a level that is (mostly) not intrusive. Like it's supposed to supress nausea, and cravings for alcohol, so seems for now to suppress the
impact of negative things, without necessarily hiding these. Not numbing ones-self, like with alcohol, but kinda just making them minimal, like never existed as well.

Maybe, if one wanted to they could focus on some aspects of trauma, like I know what happened and not have to be say re-traumatized by them, but look at them in a different way. Like they are there but, they aren't intrusive.

So as studied for alcohol craving obcessions, and nausea, it may seem to do as well with things that negatively impact our thoughts.

Well that is what I am finding. It is expensive as F8888. With medicaid, a buck or two for a months supply. I take mirtazapine for sleep, minimal amount, clonazepam for anxiety, which will never go away but is minimal usually, and a small amount of
ondansetroya/ zofran in small amounts here and there which seems to be the best of keeping panic attacks from actually happening, and intrusive and past thoughts to be like, just a passing thought that is not distressing.

It likely does not work well with zoloft and the like drugs but is not referenced to be negative with mirtazapine but does not work well with trazadone and likely not paxil I am sure.

But exercise will always help, sleep well and just wake up even if you dont feel like not facing the day.

Good luck, I'll keep on these without drinking and see how things go.

^ YOUR AD COULD BE HERE! ADVERTISE ON 420CHAN FOR ONLY $100 A MONTH! ^
Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.