Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

How to reduce glycemic load/index?

- Sun, 07 Aug 2016 17:18:52 EST Rcc6zzY+ No.54376
File: 1470604732742.gif -(209216B / 204.31KB, 231x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. How to reduce glycemic load/index?
Maybe not literally, but we know that you:
eat sugar -> body detects high sugar -> pancreas pumps out insulin
and large amounts of sugar are stressful to the pancreas, so I'm wondering if we know of any proven ways to decrease that stress somehow.

I'm thinking, what if you ate a high protein meal before eating the sugar? If your stomach has a harder time breaking down these complex proteins, then maybe it would create a timed release effect on the sugar in the stomach.
Which leads to asking: how does the pyloric valve even decide to when to open and close? Is it when the entire contents of the stomach are properly digested? If so, then that first theory would work, assuming that it's the intestines that detect the sugar and send the signal to the pancreas.

I've also heard something about cinnamon helping.

So how do I eat ice cream without getting diabetes?
>>
Angus Goodridge - Wed, 10 Aug 2016 21:59:09 EST z4Nfqeju No.54380 Reply
dude you're trying hard to sound like you know what you're talking about here but it's painfully obvious you dont know a single thing about nutrition or metabolism

take an introductory biology and/or nutrition course
>>
Fuck Hellerwill - Sat, 03 Sep 2016 00:01:44 EST 3nQyriC0 No.54460 Reply
>>54376
>so I'm wondering if we know of any proven ways to decrease that stress somehow.

Eat less sugar, numb-nuts

>So how do I eat ice cream without getting diabetes?
Balance your diet. Ice-cream alone won't give you diabetes, but poor exercise, little/no breaks from sugary foods, poor hydration and being a mindless, gaping hole for unhealthy foods will. Just read the back of labels more, jeez.

Really annoying how people want to cheat the limits. Can't focus? Take methyphenidrate. Haunted by psychic burdens? Take a benzo. Diabetes exists where mindfulness doesn't.
>>
Doris Turveyshit - Sun, 04 Sep 2016 21:32:58 EST Rcc6zzY+ No.54464 Reply
>>54460
You mean I can't have my cake and eat it too?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.