Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Pimple causing eye infection?

- Tue, 23 Aug 2016 00:46:06 EST ZF3D/ZEr No.54422
File: 1471927566457.jpg -(17345B / 16.94KB, 300x203) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Pimple causing eye infection?
A couple days ago I noticed my eyes were getting a bit irritated. Yesterday I had increasing build up of mucus in my eyes (I was actually having trouble driving because I kept getting floaty mucus masses directly in my open eyes). This morning I woke up with my eyelids lightly caked with goop (slightly hard to open them initially). My eye lids have been red and irritated, and my eyes themselves are bloodshot and occasionally watering. The amount of mucus decreased over the day.

I really don't know what's going on, because otherwise I feel fine. No new medications, no dietary changes, ect.
Buuut I have had a medium sized pimple about an inch right of my right eye. It's level with the corner and has been pretty red since I noticed it a couple days ago. At some point the whitehead opened, I noticed and cleaned it out, and then it got redderrrr. Today the whitehead reappeared, but was pretty yellowish/gnarly when I checked this evening. I decided to pop it and immediately felt a strange sensation in my right eye. A very very very long mucus floaty rapidly drifted across my eye, away from the right corner. I tried to get rid of it but I lost it.

I cleaned the pimple with water and then put some neosporin on it. My eyes felt slightly better after that, though they're still irritated. I noticed that each time I put pressure on the pimple, I got the same strange sensation in my eye.

Do you guys think the pimple might be causing issues? I have no idea why my other eye would be affected if that were the case, but it's a theory I guess

thanks /med/
>>
William Gassledock - Wed, 24 Aug 2016 20:41:02 EST L6mhQYXt No.54429 Reply
>>54422
I am telling you this because you surely have some sort of infection. I had a basic skin infection on my face (cat scratch) got a chipmonk cheek that kept getting larger. Saw the ER and they explained that a skin infection on the face can quickly travel to the eyes, (it was right about there,) making one blind. And travel to the brain which is not a good situation.

They said merely waiting a few more days could or would have been really really bad news. They gave me an IV of strong antibiotics, like a lot because apparently it is a serious issue. Felt better quickly and the swelling was gone an a little over a few days. I had this again, same situation, the urgent care DR, nice guy said the same thing, even though this had just barely started to be noticeably infected.
-
You simply have to go to an ER, ASAP, at any cost, effort. Like right now. Even if it seems it is getting better.
This is waay too close to your eyes and things could get bad real fast.

You may simply get eye drops but I think IV antibiotics would be part of this as well an antibiotic prescription. Possibly an overnight stay would be recommended.

Please go though, even if it's just a pimple thing that is harmless, but your description does not sound promising.

If you have no insurance and concerned about credit or money, http://www.emergencymedicaid.net/ May help. Some have used a fake name, forgot their SSN, didn't have their ID with them. No current phone#,
no current mailing address. Public hospitals have to treat you by law. If you have a job and ability to pay, it would be good to do so. Also followups with a doctor may be required so using you name and address.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.