Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord #Drugs Channel Now Open

Smashed finger

- Fri, 02 Sep 2016 06:27:46 EST GH5Lqrzb No.54456
File: 1472812066356.jpg -(981138B / 958.14KB, 3264x2448) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Smashed finger
Hi guys..so I smashed my finger between a steel beam and a wooden post today. I'm wondering if I'm going to lose my fingernail or not. There is a LOT of swelling where my fingerprint is but my nail isn't showing bruising or any blood underneath whatsoever. I smashed it about 8 hours ago. I can still bend my finger and I've been holding it above my head whenever I can to reduce throbbing; put ice on it about an hour after it happened and have been applying heat once every few hours. Also there's a little pain on my first joint.
>>
Ghengis Dong - Fri, 02 Sep 2016 14:49:02 EST dlGil9yA No.54457 Reply
I'm no expert, but that looks smashed to shit. I would definitely go to a clinic or doctor if there's no restored movement by early tomorrow. Seriously, it's worth risking a bit of time and a few bucks, than to risk having a gimpy finger the rest of your life. Be careful dude, don't get crippled for acting tough.
>>
William Crunnershaw - Fri, 02 Sep 2016 19:28:12 EST xwQdj/9Z No.54458 Reply
former EMT here. main thing to monitor is PMS: pulse, motor control, and sensation. if you still have bloodflow, can move it, and feel touch, then you will be ok

the discoloration should start to fade in a week or so. use RICE for the first few days, then use a contrast treatment (alternating hot and cold packs) to help pump the blood in and out of the area and facilitate the wound repair process. got a pic of the nail, or a side view?
>>
Martha Dagglehon - Sun, 04 Sep 2016 01:24:19 EST GH5Lqrzb No.54461 Reply
OP here

Thanks for the info guys. The swelling has already gone down TREMENDOUSLY and there is no discoloration or anything under my fingernail. I now have near-complete movement and I can feel the sensation of touch on my whole finger. I'm still applying heat and I will start alternating between hot and cold.

Thanks again!
>>
Molly Murddock - Fri, 23 Sep 2016 01:03:18 EST ikGTrOLX No.54500 Reply
>>54461

how is it now op? post a pic if you can, its always cool to witness the body's regenerative capabilities
>>
Eliza Dammershit - Sun, 25 Sep 2016 04:40:53 EST h9eQKC+0 No.54508 Reply
>>54456
A nail would start to grow underneath, if it starts to turn black.
A few days later you would start to see the progression.

No real bit deal. the upper nail will hide, not the injury, but will come off eventually.
Showing a new nail.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.