Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists


Lower Abdomen Pain

- Mon, 05 Sep 2016 18:24:23 EST ljtyfMGq No.54471
File: 1473114263600.jpg -(61063B / 59.63KB, 736x746) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Lower Abdomen Pain
So Ive been having this specific pain in my abdomen for months, and it's located right to the left of my navel, maybe just a bit upwards. Eating usually triggers it. Sometimes it just happens though, like right now. It's this pulsing sort of pain, and pushing down on it hurts. Moving my diaphragm violently will make it hurt.

So my doctor didn't know what it was (but didn't admit that) and told me it was muscle related. Like a sort of muscle spasm maybe. The doctor pushed all around but we couldn't get the pain to happen while I was there, yet here I am just sitting normally and its pulsing in out of pain.

So now I want to get a scan, get some objective test done, my options are
  1. CT Scan
  2. X-ray
  3. Ultrasound

These all cost money so what do you doctors recommend?
Nell Checkleforth - Tue, 06 Sep 2016 09:45:59 EST Dumqu+HB No.54473 Reply
I am far from being any sort of doctor, but I did study plant biology and watch a lot of bad medical drama tv shows...

X-rays are pretty useless for soft tissue problems right? Like, useful maybe for soft tissue damage at a joint or something but not in your abdomen?
An ultrasound would be cheaper than a CT scan by about 5x with no insurance (almost certainly also cheaper with whatever insurance you may have) so you might want to start there.
MRI is not an option? https://youtu.be/qabTdk928eQ
Hannah Crunningcocke - Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:07:55 EST 93mDa+Ek No.54481 Reply
ultrasound. probably gallbladder or something
Matilda Fimmledat - Wed, 14 Sep 2016 08:17:34 EST Gei+3PDu No.54484 Reply
I would have just said normal reflux... I would recommend USS as xray/CT won't show anything that's not a massive growth etc.. which is unlikely given your symptoms. Also USS is much cheaper
Hedda Sombleseck - Thu, 15 Sep 2016 02:24:22 EST ljtyfMGq No.54485 Reply
To clarify "just said normal reflux", are you saying your diagnosis is "acid reflux"?

And what is USS?

Thank you
Betsy Fanway - Sun, 25 Sep 2016 21:55:39 EST ljtyfMGq No.54513 Reply
pls respond

Also, how do I get objective tests done? Do I have to pay the co-pay just to ask my doctor "please let me may more $ for ____ test"? Or is there a way to skip the middleman?
Phineas Bonkinsadge - Mon, 26 Sep 2016 02:27:14 EST ikGTrOLX No.54516 Reply

go to a medical imaging facility in your area. there are places that just do medical imaging. just walk in and say i want a <whatever> of my <body part> please
OP - Sat, 01 Oct 2016 12:03:22 EST ljtyfMGq No.54524 Reply
1475337802784.jpg -(14927B / 14.58KB, 453x154) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
No that didn't work, they needed a doctors orders.

Okay so I really thought it was my pancreas so I tested my amylase and lipase using walkinLab which didn't require doctor's orders, and here are the results (attached). Do you think its my pancreas or not?
Male, 22 years

My next guess is the spleen.

I still haven't done any imaging, what do you think?

I thought it was the pancreas because the pain would flare up when I ate like half a pizza or a whole box of donuts. It hurts right now, usually does in the morning.
Nathaniel Greenfield - Tue, 04 Oct 2016 02:20:24 EST ofeKnP/d No.54533 Reply
The lipase looks lower than what is considered average, 73 to 393 around there. Likely means nothing.

Does sound like pancreas area though. Get your doctor to 'authorize' a Gi doctors office visit. But he she almost certainly would not. Just the way it is. This is difficult to do.

Easier though for sure, can go to an er at any time explaining this and they may give you an mri scan that day.

Your admitting or hospital physician would likely refer and authorize you to a doctor that
is part of the hospitals network, call set up an appointment <this is likely the easiest way
to go to get things going. ,
Isabella Povingspear - Tue, 04 Oct 2016 13:49:59 EST ApdNmN9o No.54534 Reply
Thanks you. Can someone now help me interpret this text:

>Certainly, daily measurements of lipase are of no value in the assessment of the patient's clinical progress or ultimate prognosis. Because of its sensitivity, lipase testing is not very useful in chronic pancreatitis or pancreatic cancer.

This pain has gone on for months. If I have chronic pancreatitis then is it possible those tests are misleading? Is that what that paragraph means?
Edwin Gemblebanks - Thu, 06 Oct 2016 00:29:23 EST QkzcWdPC No.54537 Reply
There is diagnosis, and prognosis. One has to be diagnosed.

Prognosis is concerning the progression of treatments and the educated (guess) determination with the course of treatments and possible outcome of said treatments.

The quote refers to after a diagnosis. That the lipase tests are not a reliable method of measuring ongoing treatments effectiveness, nor short or long term (determination) prognosis of treatments.

It's saying lipase can change without regard to and comparison if a treatment is working or failing.
As it's levels 'will not' coincide with working or failing treatment.

Do see a doctor, your free tests place has doctors that 'may' refer you to a GI practice.
Like you said, they need a referral from a doctor. An emergency room visit
a doctor may or rather should give you the referral you need. Or talk with your
doctor to give you the needed referral.

The ducts that work with the lower intestines could be partially blocked in whatever fashion.
Pancreatic cancer is not uncommon. Get a referral from a doctor and start looking into this.

Considering that it has lasted soo long is troublesome, a visit to an ER they would feel the same way about it
and likely get you started with a practice that would likely choose the best testing, imaging concerning
Hannah Packlemudge - Sat, 08 Oct 2016 02:12:47 EST i39F+30m No.54541 Reply
I had liver ultrasound today, angry liver I guess. Will wait for and consider results and go from there. My doctor is pretty much on top of things to have had referred me me to a GI practice when my liapse was pretty high.

Trying to figure out what was causing this higher than normal levels. There are ducts that excrete enzymes to the lower intestines to break down fatty foods and such. As the pancreas is responsible for
these and among other things I assume.

I had been drinking fairly heavily on a fairly consist ant basis. Quit drinking for a while a couple , few months and the next results were within the normal range. Many things do affect the pancreas,
the low levels seems kinda different than the usual higher levels.

Do if you make little money, seek medicaid, (seriously) it will be active basically immediately, have a card in a week or so. It works well.

Seek a family practice as a primary care provider. Try not to over worry about a medicad accepting ptactice, or general insurance practice. As a guy I like women practitioners, guys can be cool but women, especially if they are cute then to make one feel more at ease or comfortable. Met a few that were just freaking in the wrong occupation.

Whatever the case if no $$ get basic mediacaid, not obama version. Get a new doctor which is difficult, but fond most practices have people that are worth working with. Sounds like something is off for this to be going on for as long. Now id the best time than ever to fix it. Get a now doctor, new practice and follow though.
syn - Tue, 11 Oct 2016 20:24:16 EST bPwcRvzZ No.54542 Reply
>it's located right to the left of my navel.

lateral :p

Could be a muscle problem, which is most likely.
syn - Tue, 11 Oct 2016 20:25:21 EST bPwcRvzZ No.54543 Reply
those scans are gonna be expensive. have fun talkign your doctor into ordering them so insurance pays.
syn - Tue, 11 Oct 2016 20:28:28 EST bPwcRvzZ No.54544 Reply
look up the normal levels of these enzymes, maybe. Or ask your doctor again, and tell him you are really concerned

Report Post
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.