Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Surgery and Infection

- Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:49:32 EST TYRR92s5 No.54839
File: 1489456172387.jpg -(3412679B / 3.25MB, 3840x2160) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Surgery and Infection
I have recently (this weekend) undergone minor surgery to stitch up my ear after the top was split due to being attacked with a knife and I'm on clarithromycin to prevent infection and I was wondering, out of paranoia, how I would know if the wound was infected. I am obviously concerned about it healing properly and getting in touch with the surgery clinic has been a nightmare. I've been using an ointment regularly to stem off infection but was wondering, would it be obvious if there was an infection? I've never had anything like this before.

Photo is my ear post operation.
>>
Betsy Menderlare - Mon, 13 Mar 2017 23:29:48 EST NHGTafh1 No.54841 Reply
it would be obvious. keep it clean and disinfected. if there is no unusual changes in color surrounding it you are fine. looks like top notch stitching to me.
>>
Fuck Ninnerbanks - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 00:26:14 EST TYRR92s5 No.54843 Reply
>>54841

This may sound stupid but they told me to avoid touching the area unless it is to apply the ointment, but I'd assume I'd have to clean the area regularly as well with water?
>>
Betsy Menderlare - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 13:54:54 EST NHGTafh1 No.54844 Reply
>>54843

yes, clean water and soap. obviously be very gentle, and it is going to sting because it is not healed. you can use hydrogen peroxide if you have viking blood in your veins, but let me tell you that will burn like fire, but guarantee to sanitize it.
>>
Samuel Muzzlewodge - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 00:12:42 EST NHGTafh1 No.54851 Reply
>>54839

i just want to restate that is some really impressive stitching they did, you should be happy about it. i worked in an ER for a year and i saw a few ears and noses stitched back together and it was rarely as neat as yours. it will obviously have a scar but it should heal very well and be not very noticeable.
>>
Nathaniel Brangerwater - Sat, 25 Mar 2017 01:30:27 EST PATtkuQB No.54875 Reply
>>54844
Hydrogen Peroxide is quick and easy but it destroys a lot of newly formed/healed flesh. I wouldn't use it.
>>
Angus Murdham - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 00:19:52 EST R0Ou9c8/ No.55606 Reply
>>54839
Coconut oil is a fantastic antiseptic young man. But you apply it straight to your asshole and not your ear, using the back of a stainless steel spoon to rub it in gently. I know this sounds far fetched, but it's a craze from England that scientific studies are blown away by. Do not try diluting the oil, this will only make it stronger - a bit like homeopathy - and you may even grow another ear somewhere on your body, the effects are that powerful! You'll only need a small amount. I've had a look at your photo, and I think a small 250ml jar should be enough to stop your ear eventually going black and falling off. Start ASAP as I see this process has already commenced. Two stainless steel teaspoonsful on an eve to begin with, increasing to four in the second week, and then six teaspoonsful but internally (you will want to do this anyway at this point) every night until you finish the jar. Warm the spoon up in warm milk beforehand if you fancy. This will definitely save your ear and enable you to find a girl who'll like that you look normal and non-deformed when you grow up. Dose for inevitable STDs is as above, but applied morning and night (you'll need the 500ml jar).
Good luck!

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.