Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Shit snapping on its own

- Thu, 16 Aug 2018 10:12:54 EST fxY8Sj6e No.55512
File: 1534428774458.jpg -(102018B / 99.63KB, 1242x1241) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Shit snapping on its own
So I probably tore the lower portion of my bicep a bit and didn't notice? Couple weeks ago I felt sudden pain in my arm while doing absolutely nothing with it (was probably carrying some shopping bags or moving furniture a day earlier), it ended after a second and nothing else happened. Heard no pops or rips.

Weeks later I realize I have a colorless golf ball sized bump on the inside of my arm near the joint, where brachialis peeks out from under the bicep (I'm fa--I mean I'm bulking, h-hehe... so it wasn't really obvious). It took me a long while before I put two and two together and realized this is probably a minor hematoma leaking down from the lower bicep (or a small rupture in the brachialis but that supposedly almost never happens). Ironically until I didn't notice it was pretty much painless, now I probably hold the hand differently and it gets a tad sore in the area. I did the hook test and the tendon is attached and not painful, so it seems that either the sack or some fibers tore and nothing will come of it.

If there aren't clear signs and no pain its safe to say that its 99% not anything that requires surgical procedures, right? I mean I literally missed it happening and went on with my day. However I know that if it was extremely fucked up you can lose some arm function, so I'm still kind of unsure if I should leave it be or most likely waste a wad of cash I don't have on an MRI and a doctor to grope me for 3 seconds and tell me I'm fine.
>>
Albert Pinningforth - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 10:25:48 EST nL8AVhh7 No.55515 Reply
yeah when you tear muscle fibers they retract like a stretched out rubber band due to the tension they are under. i have seen torn bicep tendons (muscle tears are called strains) and there is usually a lump of the tendon retracting like you described. if you are still able to flex your elbow against resistance then it is probably just a grade I strain, meaning less than 50% torn. i would definitely take it easy, avoid lifting heavy things with that arm, and massage/stretch the bicep slowly on a regular basis
>>
Isabella Chudgefone - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 18:45:30 EST fxY8Sj6e No.55516 Reply
>>55515

Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

What makes me wonder though is that the bulge is not on the bicep axis but on the inner side and below, the brachialis?
>>
George Corryweck - Wed, 22 Aug 2018 10:20:25 EST fxY8Sj6e No.55518 Reply
But what if this is a lump of muscle and not a swelling, its firm... ah shit, should I buy some kind of compression sleeve, guys? Would that even help at this point after all that time? I don't wanna be deformed. ;_;
>>
Angus Narryshit - Mon, 04 Mar 2019 00:54:55 EST fxY8Sj6e No.55681 Reply
How long after an injury is it possible to reattach muscle tissue surgically? Fro mwhat I understand it contracts permanently after a while/atrophies?
>>
Nell Bapperbanks - Mon, 11 Mar 2019 03:44:30 EST SYy8Yh3B No.55687 Reply
For fucks sake, see a doctor.
>>
Simon Brookbury - Mon, 11 Mar 2019 22:08:54 EST FonZKC1l No.55689 Reply
wow nigga 7 months later you are still worried about this? if you genuinely dont want to be deformed go to the god damn doctor, like 6 months ago
>>
Albert Billingham - Tue, 12 Mar 2019 05:45:09 EST p98oIwAn No.55690 Reply
>>55689
This. I'm one of the last people to say to go to the doctors, but well, seven months... so go to the fucking doctor. The only thing modern medicine is good at, is surgical options... and clearly that's the fucking solution at this point.
>>
Fucking Fellerman - Mon, 25 Mar 2019 09:06:31 EST fxY8Sj6e No.55708 Reply
I'm asking a question, not your life advice. There's no information on this kind of injuries besides "under a month" the muscle contracts permanently, but thats garbage from livestrong articles and the like. Forget the OP and answer the question or don't bother.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.