Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

How to stop the doc from filling me with sugar

- Fri, 07 Dec 2018 04:50:04 EST YwEZO2dM No.55658
File: 1544176204582.jpg -(29102B / 28.42KB, 300x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. How to stop the doc from filling me with sugar
How do I stop the doctor from pumping me full of IV Dextrose when they see my blood sugar is at 3.0 mmol/L? I eat low carb so obviously my blood sugar is low, but as soon as I mention ketones to them they freak out, run a urine test that comes at at >16 mmol/L, and nearly shit their pants. I've been held down and forced IV Dextrose against my will.
>>
Phoebe Fishfudge - Sat, 08 Dec 2018 15:09:55 EST FonZKC1l No.55660 Reply
you are stupid and do not deserve modern medicine.
>>
Lydia Grimfoot - Tue, 11 Dec 2018 03:20:46 EST L6l0sA7h No.55664 Reply
You must know the difference between nutritional ketosis and diabetic ketoacidosis, and >16 mmol/L indicates that you're on your way to experience acidosis which is really detrimental and hard to manage. No doctor will risk it.
>>
Phineas Papperford - Fri, 01 Mar 2019 05:59:36 EST 9I0gJMQP No.55677 Reply
>>55658
Ok here is the choice going through their heads:
> Let this dickhead do his fancy diet
> Choose not to treat a potential DKA because the patient knows better.
Furthermore, as DKA can make you confused and delirious, duty of care says that you need sugar and your refusal might be caused by the reversible lack of sugar. Like someone who was just hit in the head with a brick refusing a head CT because it will mess up their hair.
>>
Frederick Chimmersit - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 01:09:59 EST 95k8PhLN No.55717 Reply
>>55658
While really sick

Conclusion I reached was
Dredwardgroup.com
Samaritanspurse.com

I wish this board the best of luck so many prayers...
>>
Phyllis Tootgold - Mon, 01 Apr 2019 10:42:57 EST p98oIwAn No.55718 Reply
>>55717
Shoo shoo! Your slave god will have no more slaves. Always have to try to catch them at the weakest point though? Fucking monster.
>>
Sidney Grimridge - Mon, 06 May 2019 20:30:43 EST X5BW44/s No.55751 Reply
>>55658
Yeah just don't go to the doctor. Can you provide examples of healthy individuals with such a sugar deficiency? If so, bring and demonstrate your evidence to a prospective doctor. If you don't like how they react don't fuck with them.
>>
Samuel Sigglefoot - Tue, 07 May 2019 01:09:52 EST GyMqj4AB No.55752 Reply
>>55751
over some fad diet to most people since a truly ketone body would have had to been brought up on such a diet. Don't forget about muscle memory before you start looking too much into some shit you read online
>>
John Pannerbury - Tue, 14 May 2019 20:59:23 EST bFIbT47D No.55763 Reply
You have to wonder why OP avoids sugars. Sugars are the primary energy source for the human body. Starving yourself of them will just cause ketosis (the highly dangerous kind- ketoacidosis). Is it for fear of not using the sugar and having your body convert it to fat? The same thing happens to protein when consume excessively.
>>
Priscilla Hollerdale - Mon, 10 Feb 2020 20:55:40 EST JpOVUYcR No.55991 Reply
>if you burn fats you're going to DIE

A true all-American board. Mom's apple pie and dieabeetus.

>>55763

"Keto", its a diet that is supposed to prevent you from spiking your insulin, averts metabolic syndrome etc. Also its very easy to lose weight on. Its a health thing, which is funny because everyone is trained to freak because of diabetics. You have to be a late stage type 2 diabetic or have some other problem to develop dangerous levels of ketone bodies.You're not going to die because of fasting or eating a lot of plain salad with olive oil. I may be wrong but I don't think sugar levels alone are a good measure for that, OP might want to bring a blood ketone testing kit at least and show the results to the doctor.

I'm not sure if humans are supposed to run on carbohydrates primarily. Nearly every hunter-gatherer culture I heard about is prioritizing animal fats and a lot of the energy you do end up burning is also the one you stored away beforehand. No "essential sugars" either.
>>
Augustus Chagglelock - Wed, 19 Feb 2020 02:23:15 EST TtKwlD8J No.56001 Reply
>>55991
I recommend watching Dr. Shintani's presentation on high-carb low fat diets.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7xvLA1lNyec

He has his patients eating larger portions, and more carbohydrates, yet they still manage to lose weight and maintain healthy blood sugar blood pressure, etc.
>>
Charlotte Billingham - Fri, 21 Feb 2020 11:16:33 EST x9CzPJKg No.56003 Reply
I found something interesting, ketone-glucose index made for cancer patients that are on a strict diet. You can put in your values and see if it adds up to a healthy result.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4367849/

>>56001

>1 hour
>from 2013
>muh vegan world, muh cult like moralizing (plz disregard the massive monoculture shitfcuk steamrolling over natural biomes)
>ancient egypshun peasants ate carbs, so that means we should too

I am open to the possibility that high carb modes of nutrition can be healthy, but I'd rather watch something shorter with less Jehovah's Witness vibes. Something succinct that describes the metabolic processes and how they differ from your average fat fuck diet would be great. Keto can be vegan but vegans still mad because it breaks monopoly on wellness trends. We can't have that, think of the chickens!
>>
Charlotte Shittingworth - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:52:51 EST 5jGuK5gC No.56009 Reply
>>56006

???

I was tying to be humorous. dunno what you're getting out of it.
>>
>>
Thomas Soshpore - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:17:53 EST TtKwlD8J No.56010 Reply
>>56009
I dont have time to talk to you. You want too much attention.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.