Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Making myself sick...?

- Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:44:46 EST IlxuN4on No.55821
File: 1562777086131.jpg -(73496B / 71.77KB, 720x1480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Making myself sick...?
So I'm going to Japan for a little over two months, from Nov - Jan

Last time I was there I caught some rare shitty flu strain and was actually hospitalized for days in a rural city where absolutely no one spoke English and I know about 100 words. SO sick, despite having my flu shot and being a generally healthy and fit person, that was one of the top five times in my life I was genuinely convinced I was gonna die.

So my thought is, maybe I could get myself sick while I'm still in good ol North America, and time it so I'm basically fully recovered by the time I set foot on a plane, and my immune system will be on high alert. Still gonna get the flu shot too before I bounce.

I'm just wondering what would be a good timeline, and what would be the best way to go about doing this? I'd like to not be obliterated, but fairly ill. Has anyone else done something like this? Kinda like self immunization I guess?

Suggestions welcome.
>>
Nathaniel Serringpet - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 02:03:33 EST whNwH2K4 No.55826 Reply
>>55821
Yea, not going to work correctly. You can get a flu shot anytime. Different strains
may appear. You can get flu shots, unless the strain can be identified that you had.

It means nothing.
>>
Cyril Mottingchot - Mon, 15 Jul 2019 18:18:07 EST 0EIQ3o/U No.55834 Reply
Studies have shown that even if the vaccine may be off from the strain(s), that it may or does lessen the severity of the severity, length and symptoms flu.

Although intentionally trying to get the flu, to thwart getting it at a later time, might not work. One may get the flu more than once with the same strain. And even getting the flu, if one did not get the vaccine, it is still recommended to still get vaccinated after the fact..
>>
Archie Dartford - Tue, 16 Jul 2019 23:01:06 EST eXpJlAK9 No.55835 Reply
Never had a flu shot. Never had the flu. I'm not about to jinx this winning streak by getting one.

I'll graciously let some granny have my flu shot since they're the most susceptible demographic, and there always seems to be a shortage of these damn things.
>>
Charlotte Wellybedge - Sat, 20 Jul 2019 04:04:12 EST 509mtIhF No.55836 Reply
>>55835
> and there always seems to be a shortage of these damn things.

There have been times where they predicted a strain, pharmaceutical companies, the CDC, went into full production with a vacceine, only to find that was not going to be the predominant strain.
>>
Reuben Pockville - Sat, 20 Jul 2019 23:06:10 EST KpHofzle No.55837 Reply
>>55835
I had the flu shot once, and that year I caught the flu. Besides that I've never had the flu.
>>
Betsy Sishstun - Thu, 25 Jul 2019 09:17:04 EST 6iKjdh2C No.55838 Reply
Bunch of complete aspies in this thread who do not understand correlation does not equal causation. I hope all of you fucks die of the flu.

OP, get your flu shot. Not too sure your other plan is gonna work out, but maybe give yourself a good three weeks before you fly out, to the day you deliberately infect yourself. I recommend playing with a small, sick child (obvs one related to younot a rando but you'd probably get sick in jail) or riding a bus or subway while eating cheetos without washing your hands.
>>
Ebenezer Mudgeway - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 05:14:14 EST Sk3N8VmF No.55869 Reply
>>55821
I'd like to report I have successfully made myself very ill.
I bought a giant size bag of really sauce-covered beef jerky and have been eating it by hand in many locations in my workplace over the last three days, and licking my fingers clean afterwards.

Now I'm coughing productively, my sinuses are blocked with severe post-nasal drip and I feel like trash.

I achieved the first half of my experiment, which I wasn't sure would happen. And I don't know how this will turn out, but I assume I can kick whatever has colonized me in the next three weeks or so or at least grab antivirals/antibiotics by the end of two weeks if I don't.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.