Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Salivary Overload - Dentist problem

- Mon, 05 Aug 2019 10:23:29 EST sbcQ64zL No.55845
File: 1565015009402.jpg -(119132B / 116.34KB, 1400x1051) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Salivary Overload - Dentist problem
I got a fear of salivating too much at the dentist. As a result I salivate even more, the more I focus on it.

It sounds silly as I write it but believe me, it's absolute hell.

My dentist had the toughest time operating on me last time. It was an absolute mess. The products he used to fill my cavity were all failing to stick. He tried about all of them. He was afraid the analgesia was going to wear off. I've never seen him so panicked. It was nerve-wrecking for the both of us and awfully uncomfortable as I had such trouble breathing while all of it was going on. He managed to fill the cavity but it was messy. The filling fell out just a few weeks afterwards.

I need to go to the dentist again but I'm awfully scared. It really was that bad.

How on earth can I make it so I do not salivate this much? I cannot NOT think about it once it's entered my mind. And it will.

How can I even overcome a fear that actually seems justified in this instance?

I really don't know what to do.
>>
Rebecca Gindertet - Tue, 06 Aug 2019 01:19:18 EST e9dsTZCA No.55846 Reply
>>55845
You could try diphenhydramine. (Benedryl,) will likely cause dry mouth and is used for anxiety at times. It does have sedating effects. 25 mgs which they come in, maybe the night before may work well. Yea, people do salivate at dentists.
Diphenhydramine does whatever that blocks salivation. It may or will make you kinda sleepy. Less anxiety.
>>
Clara Docklemere - Tue, 06 Aug 2019 11:58:26 EST WlANNNuD No.55849 Reply
>>55845
I don't recommend this for anything invasive, but dehydration will reduce saliva production.
>>
Eliza Wendleway - Wed, 07 Aug 2019 04:23:13 EST SJA/K84t No.55850 Reply
>>55846
diphenhydramine is tolerated by most people. It is simply an antihistamine, allergy tablets. Hay fever etc. Benadryl. It will cross a brain barrier that definitely lessens salivation. To a point of a dry mouth, which is perfect for filling cavities and cracked teeth. And working with the patient/client. As much as it is not being very fun to begin with.

Take diphendramine at say 11:30 pm. By 4, 5, am. Need water. It's like clockwork. Drinking water will not promote excessive salivation.
Because salivation will be blocked to varying degrees.

So if appointment is at say 9 am. You would still feel somwhat burned out, Your mouth will be dry though. Even if you drink water.

Anxiety should be lessened for most people with diphenhydramine. t's no fun. But when it is done, it is actually done.

Take a trial run with diphendydramine and note the effects.. Seriously this is my best suggestion for lessening excessive salivation in the most convenient efficient predictable manner.
-
He felt uncomfortable, you felt uncomfortable. I felt the same deal. My chipped tooth filling failed after a week because of excessive salivation. Anxiety.
-
There should be no need for analgesics at this point, because the difficult work has been done. All needs to be done if fill the cavity.
A dry mouth would make it a very simple process. Hence, simple diphenhydramine. Taken before bedtime. 25 to 50 mgs
>>
Betsy Suzzleshit - Fri, 09 Aug 2019 21:24:54 EST KpHofzle No.55854 Reply
1565400294642.jpg -(115550B / 112.84KB, 604x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>55845
/med/, we have failed. It was so obvious all along. I prescribe you two full shots of marijuanas to induce acute cotton mouth.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.