Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Chronic Pain

- Fri, 09 Aug 2019 08:59:09 EST Ybv0h//P No.55852
File: 1565355549828.jpg -(10327B / 10.08KB, 259x194) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Chronic Pain
How does one deal with chronic pain?

I was in a car accident 8 months ago that has severely fucked me over. Most everything has healed now, but my back is always a low-grade annoyance that occasionally flares up into agonizing spasms that leave me unable to move for days.

It's very frustrating to live like this. I'm in physical rehab 3x a week, see a doc regularly - nothing works. And I'm not going to take pain meds for life. This is fucked.
>>
Betsy Suzzleshit - Fri, 09 Aug 2019 21:19:06 EST KpHofzle No.55853 Reply
>>55852
I got you OP. For one, seeing your doctor and going to rehab are all great things, even if they don't seem like they're doing anything. I know you said you don't want to take pain meds for life, so you might be open to hearing me out.

Here's what I recommend, as someone who literally only has first-aid level training (and some non-professional experience in public health and nutrition) and shouldn't be recommending anything at all: make dietary changes to reduce chronic inflammation. A lot of different foods (mostly animal products, but not exclusively) contribute to chronic inflammation, which both causes pain and prevents healing. For me, it's my broken thumb. It's not broken any more but when I eat like shit for weeks on end and don't move around enough, it starts hurting chronically. Other injuries flare up too for the same reasons, a bum ankle, a damaged wrist- but when I keep myself eating healthy, drinking lots of water, and getting exercise/blood flow, I find that my pain evaporates. I've been doing this for a few years now, ever since I quit heroin basically, and I'm finding that my injuries aren't merely subsiding in pain, but are getting better! My wrist, which has been a problem every since I injured it years ago, has gotten to the point over the last year where I can do most things again with no pain at all, and a greater feeling of stability. Same with my shoulder.

So yeah if that sounds good, let me know and we can talk more about diet. Next up is exercise. I'm sure your physical therapist is working toward this goal with you already, but it's worth saying that your back will prosper if you strengthen the supporting muscle groups that prop it up. Talk with your therapist about that, and be active and consistent, even after you stop seeing them. Those guys see tons of people, and they know best that none of those people will keep up with the work to maintain recovery, and they accept it begrudgingly. If you show them that you're serious about healing yourself, they'll be more likely to commit to you too.

The other trick is cutting out bad foods without going insane. If you can learn to cook some healthy foods, you'll have a much easier time transitioning to a diet that focuses on avoiding inflammation. Maybe go to /nom/ and ask for recipes, or ask and we can chat about some of my staples.

Back injuries are scary. Just remember that the human body is OP as fuck, and you're not alone in healing yourself.
>>
Phyllis Sizzledog - Tue, 13 Aug 2019 10:49:11 EST FonZKC1l No.55861 Reply
try getting some massage from an experienced therapist. won't fix your spine or discs or whatever but reducing muscle tension can mitigate pain

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.