Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Depression/weight gain angst

- Wed, 28 Aug 2019 12:37:01 EST eAyeZGui No.55880
File: 1567010221103.jpg -(162852B / 159.04KB, 960x595) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Depression/weight gain angst
So, I was on various psychiatric drugs since being a teenager up until today, my early 30s. The longest run was Lithium, but essentially every form of SSRI and depressant that was on the market during that time and other anti-psychotics like Seroquel or Risparidone were thrown at me at well.

I was way too slow to realize it, mostly because the drugs put me in a catatonic state, but long-term use of these things fucks up your body significantly. I recently bounced back, as I did once or twice before, but the difference this time is I'm just being monitored, not on any medication except unrelated meds for headaches and moda for ADHD. I feel like 300% better on this combination.

They monitored me for lithium toxicity but never detected "poisonous" levels, however. I stopped all meds when I got pancreatitis, but that also seems to have dissipated. What bothers me is that when I was on the lithium for a long period, I felt like I had diminished intellectual capacity and was making bad decisions because of it, spacing out for hours doing absolutely nothing, and sometimes even more bizarre occurrences like sudden seizures would happen.

They put me on an anti-psychotic because of something my family said about thinking the radio was talking to me but they didn't understand that it was because I was trizzipping balls on every drug imaginable at the time. I don't have this problem when I haven't eaten six tabs of acid and a half gram of allylescaline. But I got processed by the legal system eventually and it's rather unforgiving, pretty frustrating because you can't really be truthful without risking your shrink punishing you insincerely because of differences in beliefs with respect to substance abuse treatment (i.e Portugal vs Nancy Reagan.) Anyway, these things were especially bad. When they put me on them, I had constant nausea, and the worst part were these "night migraines" I would have. Normally, I have severe headaches like this when I'm awake, but they started happening in my dreams, which would wake me up and disrupt my sleep.

Beyond a basic examination, the doctors can't really devote special time to me, and I can't afford world-class clinic treatment. The good news is, everything seems to be healing up physically.

My question, I suppose is, supposing a person really is in total remission for everything except the philosophical aspect of greater depression, but experienced intermittent lithium toxicity as well as the inevitable small amounts of organ damage caused by these medication, as well as basically was locked in a room or had his position monitored for several years, how can they rehabilitate themselves medically? I'm going to let /qq/ handle the psychological aspect so I'm thinking in terms of neurology and holistic physical health.

The other thing I noticed was I now have a dyskinesia and involuntary muscle twitches, but I think this might be part of the physical healing process and might go away with rehabilitation through strength training.

I'm actually optimistic. The human body can recover from some crazy shit. I also got several severe head injuries in the last five years from accidents and dumb fights, with no end to being mocked about it whenever I do something stupid now, but others recovering from worse in my community have been really supportive and that's made me feel a bit better about humanity. If people can bounce back from being hit by a Buick, this is nothing.

tldr; Mentally ill dude with drug problem was anti-psychotic guinea pig for modern psych for 10 years, doc stopped meds when he gets pancreatitis, needs tips on recovering.
>>
Martha Gevingstone - Fri, 30 Aug 2019 04:49:01 EST CsY4iAyb No.55885 Reply
Interesting story. my fav drug is simply mirtazapine. I go to bed at 10 11 pm, wake up at 6 8 am. The old school anti-depressants. Many were barred because of side-effects. I think may more are more dangerious to ones healh and thouight than helpful. The radio talking to you, I beleive, outsiders should be left out in many
aspects to ones physical mental helth.

In turn, psychiatrists are at time I think just scribing, what was used in the 50s
60 70s.

My position, trazadone is an anti-depressant, as well mirtazapine (bettr) is looked at for military vets who have issues sdjusting. Pot, is a great drug.
If you find what you like.

pancreatitis, is not necessarilly a permenant thing, it can, like blood test can show elevated enzymes that is related to the pancreas.

Again, I do like mirtazapine, sleep is nice.

zoloft, whatever. Prozac, some [sycholigists seem to overanaylize people, their
simple life, and over prescribe, things that will not even come close to balance.

Like this; one could come off of all psychotropics, and be better off for it.

I challange drugs that 'do' alter ones mind, the balance has to be somewhat correct.

So, keep on and find what is best for you.
>>
Hedda Crendleville - Sun, 01 Sep 2019 02:09:18 EST 0dZl6IQM No.55889 Reply
>>55885
Trazodone is trash, gave me seizures when given for insomnia when I was 17 caused by the Ritalin 10mg twice a day and later Biphentin (beads in a cap, came out before Concerta, only exists in Canada afaik, they go up to 70 and 80mg! Ew...so much methylphenidate".

Turns out that mcPP your liver turns a good chunk of Trazodone into is a Piperazine, I remember even it being sold almost 2 decades ago on the first RC sites, why would somebody take a Pipe and buy a lot of them on purpose is beyond me, erowid back then made it clear that even the "classics, BZP mixed with TFMPP" combo was ugly feeling unlike a pure meth/amps pill (taken orally, it's how it's done here, or crushed and snorted, but can't be smoked). Most popular drug after weed, if we're gonna count weed up here for sure, kids get confused when they see high quality colourful prints that are MDMA/MDA with just a bit of meth most of the time, which isn't a bad idea, it makes the sudden loss of the MDMA bubble awesomeness especially when taking it with your chick not go away so quickly, but I'm off topic big time here.

Just saying Trazodone is what they throw at people who talk about insomnia but aren't taken seriously or have no knowledge of meds at all and will not ask for something better. Trazodone will also make one gain weight, Remeron even more so.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.