Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /mma/tube -

EIRE, MOTHERFUCKER

- Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:06:00 EST WvxDEXmF No.55036
File: 1421449560157.png -(155415B / 151.77KB, 500x325) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. EIRE, MOTHERFUCKER
So it appears that everyone and their mother is putting money on Conor McGregor to win this Saturday, and 95% of any media on this match is focused on the Irishman to the point that they're already prepping for the Aldo Title fight.

So what happens if hell freezes over and Siver pulls off a Buster Douglas moment? Could McGregor's momentum make an immediate recovery? Who would be the next contender for Aldo if not Conor?
>>
CM Punk (Team KANA) !uhdacqdci6 - Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:43:51 EST hWSpJths No.55037 Reply
Well, it won't take hell freezing over for Siver to win. It could very easily go either way, but McGregor has built up so much momentum it's ridiculous. If he does lose, I know his momentum won't make an immediate recovery (and he may very well never get to this level of exposure ever again), but McGregor is a damn good talker. That's what matters most to the casual fans. Chael Sonnen was never a real big title contender, but because he had so much bark, he was a bonafide draw and LOSING to Silva only made the both of them more popular in the end. McGregor is, hopefully, closer to being a Nick Diaz type. A guy that can shit talk amazingly AND be a legitimate title contender. If McGregor is what he says he is and he wins the title, and he keeps it for a very long time, he could become UFC's biggest draw.
>>
Bob Sapp - Sat, 17 Jan 2015 07:18:16 EST XZLMTFM6 No.55039 Reply
It's silly how much exposure he's gotten now. Some of the videos are just straight up retarded: In the "Movement and Music" one he says that he likes to listen to music when he works out. And then the UFC makes a featured thing of it and puts it on their YouTube channel. I mean lol, wtf? Things like this will look so incredibly silly if he loses.

He'll probably win against Siver, but just like guy above me is saying, it won't take hell freezing over for Siver to win. Good strikers with power can always win in a stand up battle. I like both fighters and I'm really looking forward to this fight.
>>
CM Punk (Team KANA) !uhdacqdci6 - Mon, 19 Jan 2015 01:41:18 EST hWSpJths No.55072 Reply
AWESOME that he won and it was so dominating. Just looking at Siver's build, I was pretty sure Conor couldn't do it in 2 minutes, but goddamn was it lopsided. I really hope McGregor can beat Aldo.
>>
Megumi Fujii - Mon, 19 Jan 2015 04:34:27 EST FDucgZ7P No.55074 Reply
1421660067344.jpg -(98641B / 96.33KB, 889x511) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Honestly this is the first time I've felt the slightest confidence in McGregor's chances. He uses his reach so well while Aldo is used to having a massive advantage at range with his length and speed. It could be a Gustaffson/Bones situation where McGreggor is able to take away Aldo's comfort zone and force him into a completely different kind of fight that he's not used to.
>>
Ricco Rodriguez - Mon, 19 Jan 2015 15:18:56 EST rgFRemw4 No.55078 Reply
I don't like his cocky attitude. I hope he gets destroyed in his title match.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:33:24 EST jsuviyD8 No.55080 Reply
>>55078
That's cause he's just heeling it up.
>>
Todd Duffee - Wed, 21 Jan 2015 06:10:44 EST XZLMTFM6 No.55084 Reply
Impressive victory. Really looking forward to the Aldo fight now!
>>
Sokoudjou - Fri, 23 Jan 2015 00:46:42 EST XI3wQRyr No.55085 Reply
I like this guy, he's shit talking makes me laugh

Cool calm and collected fight, very reminiscent of Anderson Silva in my opinion.
I can't wait to see the Aldo fight
>>
Celt !BzcOsK03.w - Fri, 03 Apr 2015 09:51:28 EST AgvO6eNu No.55619 Reply
>>55616

I was literally coming here to post that haha
>>
Herb Dean - Fri, 03 Apr 2015 22:17:30 EST burO3fNA No.55620 Reply
1428113850146.gif -(423638B / 413.71KB, 256x169) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
hey /MMA/
i have never been on this board before and this is my first post

i wanted to see what you guys think
mcgregor has so much hype for the aldo fight, do you reckon that its staged? like him stealing aldo's belt and taunting him. everyday i see so much coverage on social media for this fight?

also is he that good that he can take the belt?

btw i have only seen 1 mcgregor fight before
so any links are appreciated

pic /mma/ related
>>
CM Punk (Team Act Yasukawa) !uhdacqdci6 - Fri, 03 Apr 2015 23:44:23 EST s7PHVekK No.55621 Reply
>>55620
I'm 99% sure him taking the belt is a work. I don't think Dana would stand for it, and Jose and his family were sitting with McGregor's girlfriend for his fight against Siver. I'm not so sure McGregor WILL take the belt, but he definitely CAN. Shit, I was convinced there was no way TJ Dillashaw could ever beat Renan Barao, but here we are. All it takes is one bad weight cut to cut a guy's legs off, never mind the possibility of going into the fight with an injury. But Conor's a damn good fighter. From what I've seen, he NEVER tires himself out, and that's what a fighter needs to go five rounds. He doesn't waste a single movement and his striking is very technical for being a knockout artist. He's a rough diamond, but he's still a goddamn diamond, just needs to refine himself outside of the boxing a bit. His takedown defense could be a lot better, but it's not like Jose is a wrestler. I'd love to see him fight Faber if he wins the belt, since Faber is my favorite submission style guy (and maybe Faber will even avoid poking out his eye to get a choke if they do it).
>>
Ben Rothwell - Mon, 06 Apr 2015 22:21:19 EST FDucgZ7P No.55631 Reply
>>55620

MacGregor is a good fighter. People are selling him a little short because of the nuclear power hype train behind him but on pure skill set he's probably the worst match up for Aldo among featherweight contenders. Hes going to the best offensive striker that Aldo has ever fought and the first guy who will be able to, with his footwork and size, negotiate the range of Aldo. Guys like Edgar, Faber, and Mendes are all fine fighters but they're all shorter guys who have to commit a lot to closing the distance, giving a fast precise guy like Aldo everything he needs to work with as a counter striker. We'll see what happens when Aldo is the one having the close distance.

Yeah he fought taller guys in Hominick and Florian, but Florian was a slow old man who came forward the whole fight and Hominick is fucking Mark Hominick. Note in the Hominick fight Aldo shot a LOT of takedowns (as he did against the lanky Chan Sung Jung). He didn't shoot any against Florian only because Florian spent the whole fight trying to take Aldo down.

MacGregor hasn't been tested on the ground but he's a big strong guy and if he can make Aldo come forward and can defend the TD he's gonna win the attrition battle and, if he's ready for 25 minutes, come on really strong late.

Macgregor is going to hit Aldo, he's going to hurt him, and he's going to take rounds. You have to fave the champion in a 25 minute fight (and thats a long time for MacGregor's lax defense to hold up) but I think people are going to be very surprised how close this fight is.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.